• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Planeswalker's Guide to SPPf (Magic: the Gathering)

Kamotz

God of Monsters
That's right. Naya, Esper, RBW, BUG, and RUG are the shard combinations with only 1 guild so far. The 2-Gulders are Bant, Jund, Grixis, Junk, and UWR.

Of the single guild combos, Naya is top tier competitive. Esper is good too, but its better when the format is dominated by Control decks. But Naya has been on the rise recently.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
I might go Naya for GTC depending on the stuff they release, but have you seen the new card they previewed. It's Gruul and the mechanic is kinda weird.

Attachments

• 399340_10151614088849199_735865557_n.jpg
    399340_10151614088849199_735865557_n.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Bloorrush seems interesting. RG "lands matter" seems cool, especially with Kessig Wolf Run available to give them trample.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
I liked a few MTG pages on Facebook so whenever one of them posts a preview I'll put it on here.

EDIT: I got another this one from the Magic: The Gathering page. Simic, seems pretty cool.

Attachments

• 521819_10152354670780307_1629408435_n.jpg
    521819_10152354670780307_1629408435_n.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
the simic rare is probably going to be my favourite card in the set, or at least up there. rubble thing is quite spicy, but i am pretty sure it'll always be just an uncounterable combat trick. bloodrush is a nice spin on channel.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
I just made a deck. I'll post the URL in a thread in the RMD, It's R/W Humans/Angels but it is only a rough draft.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
The Simic rare could be very nice, and its what Scavenge is waiting for. I'd love a BUG counters deck with this. Drop this, then Corpsejack menace to draw an extra 2 cards :D

Might go for Simic or Gruul, both are ridiculously tempting and my probably my favourite guilds

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I want Fathom Mage for the art and to socket it into my Animar EDH. That is... just... nuts.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
and another spoiler. This time probably my favorite guild Boros. Interesting ability.206627_10151616320419199_415330922_n.jpg

Kamotz

God of Monsters
That looks really cool. A 4 mana 3/3 with flying is a good draft card. Though I'm not sure if it'll see much constructed play. It'll depend on what else comes out.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
What's best about Batallion is that it will apparently combo awesomely well with odric.

If you have a field full of, say, 4 weenies, 1 Odric, 2 or 3 Batallion Boros and Razia... Regardless of what each individual Batallion skill does, it will be a nice threat.

Won't come close to Naya Thrag spam, though, that much is true

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Unfortunately it competes with a lot of other powerful cards for that coveted 4-drop spot. And that's about the top of the aggro curve. You've got to compete with Hellrider and Aristocrat in aggro, and Restoration Angel and Huntmaster and olivia in other strategies.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Still, all told, a nice enough card, even if it's not as good... which, I guess that Wizards has been supporting, even if not entirely directly, R/W as a color combination.

That or they're just so similar in general.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Okay so we know 3 of the 5 guild abilitys. We need Dimir and Orzhov, I can't wait to get the spoilers and I'll put them up here as soon as I get them.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
If we go logically, we started with Simic and have gone through Gruul and Boros, so if we keep thinking along the UG/GR/RW/WB/BU lines, tommorow is Orzhov and friday Dimir.

Firemane Avenger looks like a fun card to play with. I don't think he'll be as powerful as the other 4-drops available, but he'll be a good budget substitute for players with small wallets (such as myself), much along the lines of Dungeon Geists.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Can't wait for tomorrow then.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
If we go logically, we started with Simic and have gone through Gruul and Boros, so if we keep thinking along the UG/GR/RW/WB/BU lines, tommorow is Orzhov and friday Dimir.

Firemane Avenger looks like a fun card to play with. I don't think he'll be as powerful as the other 4-drops available, but he'll be a good budget substitute for players with small wallets (such as myself), much along the lines of Dungeon Geists.

I thought the Avenger was female. Oh well.

I think she's (he's?) going to be really powerful. 3 damage to anything you want plus lifegain, before blockers are declared? I'll probably play Boros at the prelease, unless something even more awesome comes along.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
and we have another spoiler from GTC this time from Orzhov. their ability will be awesome in any multiplayer format/game.

Attachments

• 844_10151618501144199_1391961011_n.jpg
    844_10151618501144199_1391961011_n.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 6

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Yeah. It also-unfortunately-doesn't seem to be a compounded effect. You need to pay W/B for each instance of Extort, believe. Though a lot will depend on the rest of the cards and their interactions. If there's a card that lets you interact with your deck/field/whatever when you gain/deal life loss...kinda like the Fathom Mage...I can see Extort being quite good.