• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Planeswalker's Guide to SPPf (Magic: the Gathering)

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
2hg? and I finally built the deck. The commander is Horde of Notions. I might post a decklist up later.

EDIT:
Do you guys have any idea what guilds will be represented in the event decks. I'm hoping Boros/Simic.

EDIT numba 2:
We has another GTC spoiler. This time an artifact that has potential be be insanly broken.

Attachments

• 61083_10151626288049199_2088022488_n.jpg
    61083_10151626288049199_2088022488_n.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
I made a thread for Gatecrash spoilers. It is up to date for the most part. There were a few cards the site I was using had the picture for, or the picture was really small and you couldn't read the text.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Happy New Year guys

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Obzedat has some insane Potential imo. He's not any good as a defensive wall, but he messes up Control so badly. The ability to drain 2 life a turn is really powerful if you can stall out enough, it fits with Extort well in any case.

Lazav though, might not have so much playability in Standard, he could be used against Frites, but he's a bit unpredictable. In EDH though, he's da bomb. I've definitely found my UB general now :D

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
Obzedat has some insane Potential imo. He's not any good as a defensive wall, but he messes up Control so badly. The ability to drain 2 life a turn is really powerful if you can stall out enough, it fits with Extort well in any case.

Lazav though, might not have so much playability in Standard, he could be used against Frites, but he's a bit unpredictable. In EDH though, he's da bomb. I've definitely found my UB general now :D

Agreed. I'm getting a Lazav as soon as I can.

How would Obzedat work with Conjurer's Closet?

Kamotz

God of Monsters
He works with the closet, but you have to manipulate the triggers carefully.

The Closet's trigger needs to resolve first, then his ability trigger. So he blinks in response to the closet, and then blinks himself out after that.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
I'll put the new spoilers on the spoiler thread later. I'm a bit busy right now.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Eight new cards spoiled tonight -- Gideon 2.0, Gruul Keyrune, Skarrg Goliath (launch party card), Zameck Guildmage (a Game Day card), Consuming Abberation (Dimir's prerelease card), Hands of Binding, Nightveil Specter (the buy-a-box card), and Clan Defiance. I think the last of these is probably the best of this group.

In lighter news, I think I'm going to make a casual WU Rebel/Merfolk deck. I'll post the results when I'm done with it. Nope, forgot what Xenograft does. Oops. I might try running a similar concept with Mercenaries.

e: Also this dude was spoiled, and he supposedly has the text "At the beginning of the end step, if you control four or more creatures named ~, you win the game."

And the prerelease promos are indeed the holiday spoiled creatures, along with Consuming Abberation and Furnace Champion in place of the Boros one. So basically four fairly good prerelease promos and one ABSOLUTELY BALLIN' one. Incidentally, isn't that what happened last time, or nearly so?

Last edited:

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
After seeing some more of the cards and thinking it over, I'm probably going to play Orzhov or Dimir. They seem to fit my playstyle the best plus I love the cards that have been spoiled so far.

Also, they also spoiled Angel Skirmisher:
~Angel Skirmisher

Creature - Angel
Flying
At the beginning of each combat, choose first strike, vigilance or lifelink.
Creatures you control gain the chosen ability until end of turn.
"Beware the Jedi's blade, for it is hot and full of pain!"
-Ponytrooper
Illus. David Rapoza #3/249 4/4

Last edited:

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
So what do you think of the new Gideon? To me he looks way better than his previous version. His +1 means he'll practically never die, his 0 is what he uses all that loyalty for (swing batta batta swing) and his -15 (wow that's a lot) will be easy to attain and useful when your opponent has ridiculous stuff (assuming they ever get there). He's pretty intense. And he fits in Orzhov colours! Although I wouldn't play him that way.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
New Gideon is pretty control-ish. I know everyone was expecting him to be Boros-colored, but I suspected he'd be mono-white. It'd be too much for Gideon, Domri, and Ral Zarek to be Red walkers...that's a lot. And then there'd be 2 red walkers in GTC and in NAYA colors...too much.

He seems pretty good in a control shell. Like...especially with some protection. Unfortunately there's a lot more aggro in the format, so I don't quite know what place he'll have. Pairing him with other Walkers...Jace, Tamiyo, Sorin...seems like a good idea. I think he'll be quite good in Esper.

But I don't know why you'd really want to use his Ultimate unless you're in trouble...and then you'd rather just...I dunno. It seems impractical. Maybe in EDH that'd be decent...not sure. I can't quite see where you'd use it.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
In other news, I downloaded Magic Set Editor and I'm trying to make some cards.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
I'll edit the spoiler thing later.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
I've re-evaluated my view of the New Gideon.

I think he's pretty awful.

His +1 is fine...I guess. If you're facing a lot of creatures.
His 0 is okay...not quite as good as Old Gideon...maybe about the same because he can get bigger.
His -15 is terrible...there's no way that's ever a good idea. ALL Permanents...exiled...why is that good?

I was really hoping for him to be good...but even in a control shell, you'll probably just rather play Garruk, Sorin, Liliana (dark Realms), or Jace AOT, in the 4-spot.

Unless I'm really missing something.

Also here's some NEWS!!!

Domri Rade is FAKE!!!

Or at least the version of him we've been spoiled has to be...in some part.

Evidence: the collector's #.

Domri Rade is listed as 150/249.

Consuming Abberation is listed as 152/249.
Clan Defiance is listed as 151 (or 150)/249.

Collector's #'s are ordered by color and alphabetically.

"D" comes after "C", but 150 comes BEFORE 152 and 151.

Domri's Numbering is wrong, therefore that can't be the actual card.