• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Planeswalkers Guide to the Multiverse (Magic: the Gathering) V2

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
You can use this thread to talk about Magic: the Gathering. Post any interesting deck ideas, set spoilers, or anything of the sort. But please, keep the tournament talk and stuff in the tournament report thread.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I'm kind of disappointed by the lack of new information about Conspiracy. I know a lot of people aren't big on it right now, but I still want to see what's going to be in it.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
I have every intention to get a box. That'd save me the work of making a cube.

The Admiral

Spoilers for Journey have started. In general, no great shakes, but I kinda like most of it. Sigiled Starfish is a pretty okay blocker. I really like Gnarled Scarhide, though. Probably a lot of my love for it is also because it's a Minotaur. That seems really relevant. Dakra Mystic is also pretty decent.

You can find the current spoiled cards on Wizards' site.

EDIT: This got spoiled on Reddit, too:
[img139]http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae249/Albtraumfabrik/aS4hKgw_zps2d44504f.jpg[/img139]
Power level: BALLER

edit2: fixed

Last edited:

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
They also spoiled this bad boy.

635325108171157002.jpeg

I made a homebrew with a friend yesterday, then this got spoiled, it's going in.

The Admiral

Godsend is pretty nutty. That new Ajani, too, I'm liking. If nothing else, his ultimate is just out-and-out hilarious.

Yep. Gain a hundred life. It's not THAT bad -- makes you hard to kill, so that's good -- but I just bust out laughing when I read it, because of the level of exactitude involved.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
I've already made a deck with the new ajani in it. It's pretty much RG monsters, with white for Boris reckoner ajani, Elspeth, and I'm thinking Brimaz.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
So my vorthos-y side came out yesterday, I had $15 on my Amazon account from a gift card so I bought he dissension novel, alara unbroken (the shards of alara block novel), and Theros part 1. I've already finished the Theros novel and I a bout halfway through dissension ( I had previously read R:COG, and Guildpact so I wanted to finisher he trilogy). But he Theros novel, it was good I felt it could've been a bit longer ( I had it read in about 3-4 hours of actual reading) and the ending felt slightly rushed, and it ended different then I thought it would which isn't a bad thing but knowing the basics of the Theros story, they have a. Loooot of ground to cover in part 2. Anyway I recommend it.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
She isn't gonna die. If anything Daxos is gonna die, if Theros novel was any indication.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
idk, wait until the next part of the novel comes out. But I'll tell you now, they very rarely straight kill Planeswalkers (only one I can think of is Venser is the only confirmed PW death, but I haven't read much before Ravnica: City of Guilds so I could be wrong). But anyway, they have worked to hard to flesh out Elspeth as a character in this block, they wouldn't just end it. Ask me in a few weeks and I'll have a better answer, I want to read the rest of the novel. (Baseless speculation, we know Elspeth kills Xenagos, God of Revels as seen in Deicide for almost destroying Nyx, maybe Erebos was talking about finally getting Xenagos).

MAJOR THEROS NOVEL SPOILERS!!! Keep reading at your risk

About my last post, the first little bit of the book is about Daxos meeting Elspeth, and Elspeth obtaining what would eventually become the Godsend (it was Purphoros's Sword). Before they met, Daxos's mother was taking him to the Temple of Silence (Atheros's Temple) to see if there was a remedy for Daxos's "condition" which was just he could see Nyx and speak and understand the language of the Gods and the Nyxborn. Before Daxos and his mother got out of the Temple Atheros was using his Scythe to try and get Daxos for Erebos, but after he got caught his mother somehow freed him in exchange for her life, so maybe it's just Erebos was refering to finally killing Daxos. idk

Last edited:

Natural

That may be, but you can't ignore the fact that Erberos said In the trailer "everyone has I cross the river someday. Even...her."

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Thats true I'm just thinking they aren't going to kill off Elspeth.

EDIT:
So I finished the Godsend Part 2 novel last night

WARNING , heavy spoilers follow and I forgot how to tag spoilers.

So I was wrong, Elspeth did end up dying (dem feelz though). I was actually pretty sad about it, she was one of my favorite PWs. Anyway I actually really enjoyed the book, and how it gave info on more then just the main characters (Looking at you The Secretist) It gave some background to Anax and Cymede, Kiora, and some other hitters in the card game.

Last edited: