• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A player completed Red in 2:39 without saving

Status
Not open for further replies.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
indeed. i cpuldn't of done it, would of gotten bored. :(

Habibi

Wow, that is just insane. I'm gonna have to check this out myself.

Are you kidding! My Blue took me 40 hours. HAHA!! And that's after I've played through it twice before. But I always like wandering around, talking to people, and spending hours rasing pokemon. I don't rush through it at all.
This makes me want to try something radical like that!

Ludicepop!

I live in hoenn.
I couldn't even play through sapphire that fast! And I can play through that game fast.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
Well I am just completely blown away. How is this possible.

Gimpxtreme

Hometown Trainer
I got to watch it once, and I was absolutely blown away by how fast they were able to do that... pure skill with a handful of planning too

Cryptic Blaze

Blinded by the light
Now that is one impressive speed run! I doubt if I could beat the game that fast.

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
I think this is very well possible, my general time beating Blue leveling up my whole team took around 4:30 minutes. Of course I kept trying to catch every Pokemon I could see and wasted time in multiple areas doing so. If you went for few Pokemon, leveled the starter (especially Charizard or Blastoise) and used teh "Fly/Teleport" glitch to get a Mewtwo I'm sure it would be quicker than 2:30. (Mewtwo could solo E4 by himself with Ice Beam / Thunderbolt. + Psychic)

I guess I'm going to have to try it too.

Skorbycky

It's all about many hours, days and weeks of training :) Now, I have respect for this guy. Good luck for him with gold and silver! ;)

UStrainer40137

<---MINE!!!!
Wow, and I thought 4:40 was good for beating red/blue.
If anyone wanted to know, one time when I played through blue from the start. When I finished it, the time played said 4:40. No hacks or anything!

MeiChama

Spazztastic Fangirl~
HOLY CRAP. XD; I take FOREVER in my games, so I don't think I'd ever be able to beat it that fast. But that's awesome. :3

Aquarelle

Staff member
The person who did this has to be some freak of nature. There's no other reasonable explanation for a feat this great. :p

2:39 is the amount of time it takes me to level up just one Pokemon from level 50 to level 55 in this game. :/

Genesisx3

Lots more to learn
OMG... wow, so amazing... my fastest timing was 5h06min and I "thought" it was super fast already... to think someone completed it in below 3hours... *Sobs*... But this guy shud have memerized all the maps and which way he's supposed to go... Look at how he went through the Power Plant w/o even going in the wrong direction and having everything planned. For example, Zapdos not having thunderbolt at level 50, he prepared a tm 24(thunderbolt) in his bag beforehand.
I'm totally amused... and don't forget shock too... hehe

Genesisx3
Never Give Up

Status
Not open for further replies.