• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Poached Ego! (282)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
A Poached Ego!

At the next Pokémon Center, Ash & Co. discover there is a Pokémon Poacher around and decide to help Officer Jenny catch it. However Team Rocket, while travelling to get Pikachu, find some Ekans and Koffing caught in a cage. They decide to set them free but when the Poacher arrives, he decides to attack. Will the Poacher get his just deserts?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Z

ZTcrazy

*Sniffs* This is such a sad episode, seeing Arbok and Weezing go. Also, it's funny when Ash says that they're some good people in the world, when he doesn't know that he's referring to TR!

Overall rating, 8/10.

B

Blue,Too?

This is one of my favorite episodes, simply because how sad it is. *sniffle* Why did they have to leave :(.

Well, I give this episode a 9.5/10

F

Factory Head Noland

This episode is so sad when Arbok and Weezing leave *sniff* I miss them!!!

But James does catch Cacnea in this ep! Every cloud....

At the end of this episode Jessie only has Wobbuffet.

Chris

Old Coot
Possibly one of the worst dubbed episodes. :\ The emotion portrayed by the voice actors were bad, especially Eric Stuart who felt like shouting all of his lines and also doing Weezing's voice. The music, which was a rather sad piece and only played once before during the episode Satoshi, Kasumi and Takeshi split apart, was torn apart and tossed aside. The sad little instrumental music during Tyranitar's assault on the Rocket Gang was replaced with synthesized music that didn't fit the scene. It was just awfully done. :/

wobbanut

Team Awesome
It's so sad that Team Rocket hardly get any positive episodes these days. I'm glad for episodes like these where they get to be the heroes, because it proves that they aren't always 100% the bad guys (a large number of episodes, yes, but not all the time). It's also too bad that the twerps are almost never aware of Team Rocket's good deeds (freeing them from Nanba, leading Brock and Miranda to the king and queen).

Oh yeah, and I love that Cacnea joins the team in this episode too. :D

S

Shiny May

I just saw it (dutch version) really cool
I like the way that Team Rocket got their own episode. Ash and co nearly didn't appear at all !! The scene where they wanted arbok and weezing to leave was also very touching. And Cacnea being so cute and all. Very good too
I like the battle Rico had with TR and that Pupitar evolved. I really thought, TR really doesn't have any luck at all in this episode. Fortunately, James did get a new pokemon and I'm glad he has it. It fits him perfectly !! :D

Rating : 10/10 Truly an amazing episode !!

Heracross

Custom User Title
What can I say, this was a very emotional episode. It was really sad to see Arbok and Weezing leave after all the years they've been with Jessie and James. It was really touching watching TR endure Tyranitar's attacks so that their pokémon could escape the poacher, knowing very well that they would never see their friends again. Needless to say 4Kids ruined all the emotion by removing all the sad and touching music and replacing it with their own garbage, but I don't think it was quite as bad as another dub episode...*coughtogepicough* >_>

V

vulpix

TR did a good thin by releasing Arbok and Weazing i was tired of them anyway.

pikachu146

I really missed Arbok and Weezing. But the good news is,James got a Cacnea.
Poor Jessie has only a Wobuffet in the end .

wobbanut

Team Awesome
ailunvideogames said:
I really missed Arbok and Weezing. But the good news is,James got a Cacnea.
Poor Jessie has only a Wobuffet in the end .

Isn't it a little sadder that for a few moments there, James had NO pokemon? Not that it hasn't happened before with "So Near Yet So Farfetch'd" and "Once in a Blue Moon", but this was *official*.

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
A truly sad episode. Arbokk and Matadogas have been in the anime since nearly the begining, and I thought it was great they went out with such a bang. I didn't like Matadogas' new dub voice though, thankfully it was just for one episode.

I would have liked to see a Hoso special to see how they're doing at the moment though... :(

M

Melissa

This was one of the saddest episodes of the series. Arbok was one of my favorite pokemon on the show, but I guess they had to go to make room for Seviper and Cacnea.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
Such a sad episode. I wish to see this episode over and over again. The way Arbok and Weezing fled so sad... Giving Cacnea some cookies a true act of kindness.. It couldnt even open the plastic bag.

Team Rocket Admin

This was a sad episode. I hated to see Arbok & Weezing go & having Arbok replaced by that lame ripoff Seviper. Do you think they'll see Arbok & Weezing again? I sure hope so.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I'm unsure why people insist it was dubbed horribly. The music people cite played for what, five seconds if that? I'll grant you that ES can't do James anymore, but that's been a problem for years and it wasn't any worse in this ep than it usually is. And as for them shouting rather than sounding worn out--TR is nothing if not determined. Their shouting seemed more IC for them than a weaker tone would have, given how rare it is for them to have a weak tone.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
In the past, they really haven't sounded weak after being beaten up, only really when they're walking along complaining about how hungry they are. I know it was to make a point, but it was inconsistant (yeah, I know, looking for consistancy in this series is like looking for a needle in a haystack, but...)