• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Pokémon of a Different Color! (797)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
A Pokémon of a Different Color! (797)

Clair & Iris! The Shiny Druddigon!!

Arriving on the next island, Ash & co. meet up with the Blackthorn City Gym Leader, Clair. Clair has come to the island in search of a very special Pokémon, a shiny Druddigon! However, while searching for it, she got separated from her Dragonite so Ash & Iris decide to help find it. Once found, Iris' Dragonite starts to feud with Clair's which causes various issues, but when Clair solves this and moves on to find the Druddigon, she finds out that not is all what it seems with this special Pokémon. Will she be able to calm and capture it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts with Ash and co. one a ship and a Parker walks up to them, with Alexa and Helioptile behind him.

They get off the ship and then Alexa brings out Gogoat and rides it to go somewhere.

Ash notices Claire on the port and then talks to her.

A flashback about that Dragonite that they met in Johto occurs.

Iris and Axew are excited to see her.

Ash brings out Charizard and Iris brings out Dragonite.

Team Rocket are near by, listening in, in their regular clothes.

Iris's Dragonite comes across a Dragonite meditating on a flower field and the other Dragonite headbutts Iris's Dragonite.

Charizard see this and warns Ash and co.

Clair and Iris try to calm the Dragonite's down.

Charizard is looking smug/annoyed for some reason and Cilan does some sort of speech that annoys Iris and Clair.

A Drilbur, Roggenrola, Venipede, Woobat and Foongus come out of some bush in a forrest and they run past Ash and co.

A bunch of Woobat fly out of a cave where Team Team Rocket are near the entrances to.

Ash and co. come across a door and Iris and Clair bring out their Dragonite's.

Ash brings out Charizard to calm the two down. Charizard returns into his Pokeball and the Dragonite throw the door from a cave entrances away and some signal comes through the cave and hurts Pikachu and Axew's ears.

Ash put hits hat on Pikachu.

Dare Da? Druddigon.

They walk through the cave and then stop for a reason. Iris has a flashback to when she was young and found a Druddigon in a cave.

Meowth walks into the cave entrance that Team Rocket are at and runs back out because a Shiny Druddigon chased him out.

Jessie and James bring out Frillish and Amoonguss. They attack the Druddigon but the Druddigon attack them after Ash and co. come out of the same entrance, from where Druddigon came out.

Team Rocket blast off. Clair tries to calm Druddigon down, but he pushes her down. She gets back up and tells the others she okay.

Iris has another flashback about the other Druddigon. Iris calmed down that Druddigon int he past and now Clair is still trying to do the same to a different Druddigon.

Eventually Druddigon calms down and the other Pokemon are no longer scared of Druddigon and go back into the cave.

Clair throws a Pokeball at Druddigon and she has now caught it.

Back at the port, Alexa is worried about something and then Clair brings out Druddigon and Alexa is happy to see it.

Ash and co. say goodbye to Clair and Druddigon.

To be continued.

Last edited:

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
They're really doing a nice job of reanimating bits from past episodes this season

And they've brought back a lot of old stuff (Charizard, Butterfree Flashback, even saw Primape (again, Flashback) and more). I Hope this means the XY anime will have more references about the older Days. Though I doubt it.

Anyways, can't wait to see this episode.

Graham Aker

So Claire's female Dragonite got angry at Iris's male Dragonite because the latter broke the formers flower. Lulz, we definitely haven't seen that before.

Anyway, it was an okay episode. It was nice seeing Claire again, and the interaction between Iris and her was alright. Though, really, I don't think we needed the angry dragon angle again.

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

Flashbacks

Flashbacks everywhere (and they were animated swell too)

I liked the episode, I liked seeing Clair again, and I really thought her Dragonite and Iris' Dragonite were going to fall in love or something and I guess that would be one of the reasons why Iris' would leave with her. But alas, there was a Druddigon in this equation as well and the whole Dragonite sub-plot was dropped after the 15 minute mark, bummer.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
No Misty and Brock in the flashback this time, I also would have liked to see the Clair Gym battle reanimated with Snorlax/Charizard/Pikachu battling. That was the best fight in Johto.

Colton S

Beware Bewear
Good episode, the flashbacks were good. Maybe we will get to see other past characters later in this arc.

Hikatoshi26

That was a ok episode. I was expecting my Iris development oh well. Seeing Clair was cool but Alexa was out the episode ): Oh well. It is funny how Charizard now gets regional bird treatment....Charizard! find Pokemon X

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
What's with all these side characters getting team changes that we'll never see again? (Yes I knew Iris stood no chance of getting Druddigon)

Other then that, seemed like an okayish episode. Also, Clair looks a lot more happy then she did in the past

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
This episode was alright. I kind of felt like they just stuck in the Iris flashbacks to make it seem better than it was, but everyone at this point knows it wasn't really needed.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
This episode was alright. I kind of felt like they just stuck in the Iris flashbacks to make it seem better than it was, but everyone at this point knows it wasn't really needed.

They did it because it made sense, specially since it was the same type of situation with the same pokemon.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
They did it because it made sense, specially since it was the same type of situation with the same pokemon.

Yeah but what I mean is, normally flashbacks are used for Iris's development. This one they kind of just stuck there for the story.

It kind of made me laugh though, because it's like if you want stories go to Iris, because almost everything happened to her then.

EDIT: I didn't know Druddigon was the reason Iris started liking Dragons. That's interesting. =O

Last edited:

RVD_fan

It was nice to see Clair again and remind us of Iris's offer to be a Gym Leader, but past that I thought the episode was just kind of dull. I also found it odd that Clair had to be told by the group that Druddigon wanted to join her, if she's a Dragon expert shouldn't she be able to figure that out herself?

Some part of me wanted Team Rocket to catch that Druddigon.