• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Pokémon of a Different Color! (797)

NPT

Just a member
"A Pokémon of a Different Colour!"

Alexa temporary leaving the group in the beginning was kinda disappointing, but seeing the Johto Gym leader Clair was cool! I liked Clair's new outfit, she was looking so Hot in it. It's surprising to see Clair mentioning the time when Dragonite than went on a rampage in Johto, It's good to see the writers are bringing up the continuity in DA! The re-animated flashbacks of Ash and Clair's gym battle were cool as well.

Clair saying that Iris's Axew as a "well-trained Pokémon" didn't make sense to me. Axew didn't do anything besides causing trouble, getting lost and blasting off Team Rocket a few times. It really annoys me when the characters try to make it sound like Axew has become a strong Pokémon when it hasn't.

I didn't care about the Iris' flashbacks and Charizard getting kicked by the two Dragonite wasn't funny. When I saw that angry Shiny Druddigon, I thought Iris would be the one who'll clam it down.....but to my surprise, it was Clair who clamed the Druddigon down. It's a good change from all the "Iris-claming-down-Dragon-types" scenes. Also, Clair catching the shiny Druddigon was cool. It's funny to see Alexa getting all excited to see Clair's Druddigon.

Overall, I thought it was a good episode. I liked seeing Clair in the anime again, too bad she won't appear until the Iris spacial.

After Cilan brought up that whole 'the two Dragonites are really in love with each other' thing, I was hoping that would have been expand on more in the episode.. It would of been hilarious to see. :)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Nice to see Clair again, but I have to subtract points on the dub error and confusion on dragonite. I think the dubbers forgot that the dragonite from Great Bowls of Fire was a wild dragonite that had been previously owned by a man who died, and Clair's dragonite was the final evolution of the dratini and dragonair we saw in the previous episodes, that they weren't one and the same. Plus they forgot that the wild dragonite had been upset about the flowers *after* the forest fire, it didn't get mad about the destroyed flowers like Ash claimed. I can forgive Ash and say he got confused on a detail, but Clair wouldn't have claimed that was her dragonite. I also wish they would show the episode with Iris and Clair in Johto (as well as the Cilan and Brock one).

Apart from that, I did get a good chuckle out of the dragonites' "You stay out of this!" attitude with Charizard, LOL. And learning more about Iris's backstory was great.

6/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
My heart pounded when we saw Ibuki since she's my favorite Jouto Gym Leader. I was happy to see her wearing her HG/SS clothing, and I liked when we saw Iris's Kairyu pick a fight with Ibuki's Kairyu, primarily because Satoshi's Lizardon was shown trying to keep the peace. I'm glad that Ibuki captured the Shiny Crimgan, too.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I was surprised to see Clair from Johto show up cuz we hadn't seen her in ages. Her Dragonite getting into a fight with Iris' Dragonite was interesting, but I kind of wish Iris had caught the shiny Druddigon instead. :[

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Clair saying that Iris's Axew was a "well-trained Pokemon" didn't make sense to me. Axew didn't do anything besides causing trouble, getting lost and blasting off Team Rocket a few times...

Alloutℯ

Banned
One thing that bugged me about this episode was how the animators put absolutely no effort in making any of the winged Pokemon look like they actually need said wings to fly.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Clair was in this episode and is pretty much the only reason I watched this whole arc.

Leonhart

Imagineer
One thing that bugged me about this episode was how the animators put absolutely no effort in making any of the winged Pokemon look like they actually need said wings to fly.

If you're referring to the fact that certain Flying-type Pokemon such as Kairyu and Lizardon managed to stay airborne without flapping their wings in this episode, then that's just something that's been happening for ages in the anime, not just here. It might be an animation issue, but most viewers are accustomed to it by now.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, I sort of wish that we had seen Ibuki's ace Pokemon be Hakuryu instead of Kairyu for nostalgia's sake, and also because Iris owned a Kairyu herself, which made having two around seem kind of moot.

Daizy

I call you honey
Cool to see Clair from Johto again but I didn't like how Alexa left the group and missed everything. I laughed when the Amoonguss kept body slamming Druddigon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
Cool to see Clair from Johto again but I didn't like how Alexa left the group and missed everything. I laughed when the Amoonguss kept body slamming Druddigon.

She had this bad habit of leaving to focus on her job, which caused her to miss out on most things on the island hopping journey.

Shiny Druddigon>Regular Druddigon

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
An alright episode. I loved seeing Clair again, although I wish her Dragonite was actually not the one that used to belong to the first Gym Leader of Blackthorn, but the evolved form of her Dragonair. The Shiny Druddigon was cool, and I liked the explanation for Iris' goal of becoming a master of Dragon Pokemon. Charizard getting pummeled by Dragonite was funny.
7/10