• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Pokémon of a Different Color! (797)

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Ok I do admit she seemed a little happier, but still she wasn't exactly mean to begin with.
Oh I know that much, but she had that stern look back then

Janovy

Banned

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
No Misty and Brock in the flashback this time

I'm sure you're thrilled. :p

Anyway, this episode played out just like I thought it would with the exception of the Iris flashbacks, but those seemed completely unnecessary given that it was Clair who soothed the Shiny Druddigon's anger. I mean if Iris had history with the species, why not have her deal with the Shiny Druddigon? It's like taking one step forward and two steps back. Anyway, Charizard being here seemed forced, as did Team Rocket's presence. And Clair was way too happy; was Bianca's spirit reincarnated in Clair's body or something? The only part of the episode that I liked was the whole Dragonite x Dragonite shipping thing which was cute and apparently canon now. :p

thekorean

Seems like a random character to bring back, but its as good as any I guess. Except Brock.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So Claire's female Dragonite got angry at Iris's male Dragonite because the latter broke the formers flower. Lulz, we definitely haven't seen that before.

Even plot points in Da! get reused.

Nice episode though. Not great or bad, just nice.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
And once again, Iris gets screwed in getting a reasonable Dragon-type that isn't fully evolved.

So if a Druddigon made her get into dragons...why the hell doesn't she have one? Also, why didn't she say this back in the previous Druddigon episode where her Dragon sixth sense was at high gear? I swear there's something absolutely wrong with her character development, or the writers just like to made her life miserable in the long run. That'll teach the kids!

First it was all the teasing with the Deino, now this. Iris, your destiny is to fail.

What's with all these side characters getting team changes that we'll never see again? (Yes I knew Iris stood no chance of getting Druddigon)

'Cause Ash never exists in the games. Everyone else that isn't named Ash or Delia or is a COTD deserves team changes.

Speaking of Delia, she's getting an Alomomola next week! (Just kidding.)

WaterShuriken

And once again, Iris gets screwed in getting a reasonable Dragon-type that isn't fully evolved.

So if a Druddigon made her get into dragons...why the hell doesn't she have one? Also, why didn't she say this back in the previous Druddigon episode where her Dragon sixth sense was at high gear? I swear there's something absolutely wrong with her character development, or the writers just like to made her life miserable in the long run. That'll teach the kids!

First it was all the teasing with the Deino, now this. Iris, your destiny is to fail.

She does not need another dragon type right now. Axew is what needs her attention and training. Iris doesn't need to get every wild or thought to be wild dragon type they encounter. Iris' development has always felt forced and mishandled, in my opinion. People say that she has had the most of it, but that doesn't really mean much since Ash and Cilan basically get squat.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
She does not need another dragon type right now. Axew is what needs her attention and training. Iris doesn't need to get every wild or thought to be wild dragon type they encounter. Iris' development has always felt forced and mishandled, in my opinion. People say that she has had the most of it, but that doesn't really mean much since Ash and Cilan basically get squat.
She isn't ignoring her Kibago though, the show doesn't acknowledge Kibago as being anything resembling a Pokemon that's ignored. If she wants to be a Dragon Master she should try to capture more Dragon-types, AuraChannelerChris is right. Even then, I'm not sure why having one Dragon-type that's she training keeps her from getting another.

WaterShuriken

She isn't ignoring her Kibago though, the show doesn't acknowledge Kibago as being anything resembling a Pokemon that's ignored. If she wants to be a Dragon Master she should try to capture more Dragon-types, AuraChannelerChris is right. Even then, I'm not sure why having one Dragon-type that's she training keeps her from getting another.

Because it's somehow impossible to have them share training and screentime. One of them would get the short end of the stick. Look at Cilan and Ash's Pokemon for example.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I'm glad Dragonite's gender was revealed, even if by some it was kinda obvious. By the way, who discovered their gender ? Cilan ? Clair ?
I liked that episode to be honest, seeing Clair back was nice (damn she's cute, now!). I was sad to notice Alexa wasn't very part of the episode, but oh well.

The episode was fine but I honestly expected better. I didn't expect the Dragonites' returning to their pokeballs and staying there for the remainder of the episode.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

I know! That Axew in particular is the hardest Axew to get evolved, and that's why she was tasked to train it, just like 3/4 of all Ash's Pokémon.

Because it's somehow impossible to have them share training and screentime. One of them would get the short end of the stick. Look at Cilan and Ash's Pokemon for example.

You're both right. On one hand, there's no reason Iris shouldn't get more dragons because that is her goal. But on the other hand, screentime is the main reason she hasn't gotten more. Again, we're seeing the effects of BW being a 3-year series because she likely would've gotten one more if this series was 4-years.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
It was a alright and fun episode, I honestly am a bit underwhelmed by it. I wish the feuding Kairyu could have interacted a bit more, especially since they had such an entertaining dynamic that I think I would have preferred an episode of that over Ibuki searching for Crimgan. But yeah, those Kairyu were probably my favorite part of the whole episode. They were both amusing Pokemon in personality and it was nice to see Iris's own Kairyu interact with a naturally benevolent Kairyu in-contrast to the ornery expression he wears 24//7. He even showed a bit of a more softer side seeing the female Kairyu so distraught over him crushing a flower by accident. I know Iris's Kairyu is usually tough-looking but it's nice to see different layers to his personality besides "I'm gonna beat this thing up, raawwrrr!" To the surprise of no one Iris's Kairyu is confirmed to be a male, the flashback scenes with learning how Iris came to like Crimgan and many Dragon-types were nice as well.

I also enjoyed Ibuki's interactions with Iris and Satoshi a lot and Dento apparently shipping the two troublesome Kairyu together was entertaining as well. I noticed Mamoru Miyano seemed to be overacting in that scene which really gave it more life. The flashback and music within it were nice, it's also interesting to see Ibuki is apparently visiting Shaga and, if iirc, it seems as though Ibuki said her and Iris should have a battle someday? Seeing an alternate-colored Crimgan was good too. The sizable of the episode was pretty dialogue-heavy, so a fair bit of the entertainment value does come from the character's words and interactions. But yeah, amusing episode but not as good as I thought it would be.

XXD17

Draco rex
This episode just made me ask the question why the writers love druddigon so much...out of all the unova dragons (besides axew of course) druddigon has been featured the most...there was that first one, the ones in just about everyone of Iris's flashbacks, the one in the Don tournament, Drayden's aggrandized one, and now a shiny one...it seems they are trying to hype druddigon just because no one really cares for it as a pokemon...but to tell you the truth, I would have so much rather seen a shiny garchomp, flygon, salamence or even haxorus just as a throwback to the in game event.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
So Iris got no influence to leave the show in this episode? It would have been a perfect opportunity, but now she'll seemingly walk out before the start of XY. Which means this episode revolved around developing a character that might not appear again for 10 years (or ever).

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
So Iris got no influence to leave the show in this episode? It would have been a perfect opportunity, but now she'll seemingly walk out before the start of XY. Which means this episode revolved around developing a character that might not appear again for 10 years (or ever).

They'll probably have Drayden re-appear in the last BW episode, which will lead to Iris leaving with him.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
They'll probably have Drayden re-appear in the last BW episode, which will lead to Iris leaving with him.

Drayden: There you are, Iris. After taking a quick airplane trip from Mistralton City to avoid island-hopping by boat, I have decided to take you back so that you become the Gym Leader.

Cilan: Sir, how did you even know she was here? *Cut scene of Drayden applying a suplex on Cilan*

Maybe Iris and Cilan will probably wander Kanto on their own.

It was a alright and fun episode, I honestly am a bit underwhelmed by it. I wish the feuding Kairyu could have interacted a bit more, especially since they had such an entertaining dynamic that I think I would have preferred an episode of that over Ibuki searching for Crimgan. But yeah, those Kairyu were probably my favorite part of the whole episode. They were both amusing Pokemon in personality and it was nice to see Iris's own Kairyu interact with a naturally benevolent Kairyu in-contrast to the ornery expression he wears 24//7. He even showed a bit of a more softer side seeing the female Kairyu so distraught over him crushing a flower by accident. I know Iris's Kairyu is usually tough-looking but it's nice to see different layers to his personality besides "I'm gonna beat this thing up, raawwrrr!" To the surprise of no one Iris's Kairyu is confirmed to be a male, the flashback scenes with learning how Iris came to like Crimgan and many Dragon-types were nice as well.

I also enjoyed Ibuki's interactions with Iris and Satoshi a lot and Dento apparently shipping the two troublesome Kairyu together was entertaining as well. I noticed Mamoru Miyano seemed to be overacting in that scene which really gave it more life. The flashback and music within it were nice, it's also interesting to see Ibuki is apparently visiting Shaga and, if iirc, it seems as though Ibuki said her and Iris should have a battle someday? Seeing an alternate-colored Crimgan was good too. The sizable of the episode was pretty dialogue-heavy, so a fair bit of the entertainment value does come from the character's words and interactions. But yeah, amusing episode but not as good as I thought it would be.
Underwhelming is the right word. This episode could have been better. I am not even talking about battles or something. When I see Clair with Iris, I expect the writers to form a bond between them, ya know. Iris should be extra-special in Clair's eyes and then Clair offers her some kind of advice or help or something. But instead, they chose to develop Iris's past and how she came to love Dragon Types. Now this seemed really weird to me. This part of Iris's story should have been developed somewhere else in another Iris dedicated episode, not here. This should have been more Kairyu X Kairyu and Iris X Clair.

That said, I am not entirely disappointed by the episode. Just didn't like the fact that things I speculated (like the writer's showing Clair's tree jumping skills from Johto) didn't happen. Clair seemed like a different Clair. Her character was a bit off IMO.

And yes, Clair says "The next time we meet, let's battle" or something like that. Although, I believe these promises are a waste because I doubt we'll be seeing Clair again.

Things I liked, Lizardon snorting in anger. He would have definitely put up a fight but Ash was smart enough to tell him not to do that. Even Lizardon complied with him, and let the two Kairyu go. I liked the fact that BW TR's Pokemon are not as worse as their DP ones. Frillish and Amoonguss have put up a decent performance. I say I am impressed by them despite getting blasted away right after that. And Pansy feeling bad for missing the Shiny Druddigon and asking cutely that she wants to see it :p <3.

I think Pansy appearing has been planned after this episode was made because she seemed like she was "shoe-horned" in a few scenes like when Parker was speaking to Ash and something like that.

Janovy

Banned
Clair IS going to meet Drayden, so for all we know, Iris could still leave with Clair.

All she needs is a call/message from Drayden.