• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Pokémon of a Different Color! (797)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
So Iris got no influence to leave the show in this episode? It would have been a perfect opportunity, but now she'll seemingly walk out before the start of XY. Which means this episode revolved around developing a character that might not appear again for 10 years (or ever).

I wonder who even thought of the fact that just because Claire came back that meant that Iris was going to leave in the first place? This is why I wait before thinking about things like that.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I wonder who even thought of the fact that just because Claire came back that meant that Iris was going to leave in the first place? This is why I wait before thinking about things like that.

I don't know. It became a hive mind thing. The thing is, it made sense based on her character direction.

3D992

The Living Hologram
Dang-it! I really hoped that Iris would get the Druddigon so that we could have another regular shiny (like Ash's Noctowl). But of course, the pokemon writers had to screw everything up and Iris didn't get it.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Dang-it! I really hoped that Iris would get the Druddigon so that we could have another regular shiny (like Ash's Noctowl). But of course, the pokemon writers had to screw everything up and Iris didn't get it.

Yes, because having the summary state that Clair was hunting for it obviously meant that Iris had a chance to ever get it.

I just find it funny that secondary characters are actually allowed to get team changes, but the main cast isn't :)

Agreed but the reason is because this is just one episode so the writers don't have to deal with Clair or Druddigon again after this. With the main cast, the writers actually have to put effort into making the new pokemon appear.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

The show is going to end in two months.

There is no reason why anyone should be capturing anything at this point. The show's almost over.

3D992

The Living Hologram
Yes, because having the summary state that Clair was hunting for it obviously meant that Iris had a chance to ever get it.

To clarify, this was the first ep I've seen in months so any build up was non-existant to me. My only spoiler for this episode was a picture of the shiny druddigon. My sliver of hope for the anime was shot down during the ep and absolutely shredded by you lot. Doubt I'll be watching any more pokemon from now on.

DoctorDark

And despite this she never catches one.

Imagine the level of outrage people would have if she was the one that caught the shiny druddigon. People would be like she already has a DRAGONITE why give her another op pokemon D:<

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Who did Clair?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The one problem I have with this episode is that they made it seem like the Dragonite that attacked the Dragon Holy Land was Clair's, when it actually belonged to the first Blackthorn gym leader

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Do not mess with flowers. Huh, I wonder what the female Dragonite would say if the male Dragonite hurt a Flabebe.

For a cave known to house Dragon-type Pokémon, it's pretty underwhelming how it's littered with common Pokémon found IN EVERY ISLAND, and there's just a single Dragon type in there.

By the way, what kind of basic title is this? This sounds like it should've gone to the Noctowl episode instead.

More Iris character development. This makes Cilan look less relevant, and perhaps maybe Ash as well. I'm amazed how Iris didn't even catch the Pokémon that introduced her to liking Dragon types, but that's to be expected after getting trolled with every single opportunity she could've gotten a Deino... Don't worry, guys. She'll end up catching a Klefki at this rate!

So I think this was a little decent to watch.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I swear, someone at TPCi is mixing up the opening titles on purpose. Those aren't mistakes after its happened so many times.

Keep in mind that the dub of DA! ends on December 7th. NO WAY does the XY dub start on December 14th. I don't know if we are getting a month break from Pokémon (which never happens) or if the Iris and Cilan specials are getting dubbed. But none of that would explain the N opening. Unless of course they air the TR vs. TP episodes, which is a possibility.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Keep in mind that the dub of DA! ends on December 7th. NO WAY does the XY dub start on December 14th. I don't know if we are getting a month break from Pokémon (which never happens) or if the Iris and Cilan specials are getting dubbed. But none of that would explain the N opening. Unless of course they air the TR vs. TP episodes, which is a possibility.

Didn't BW start right after Sinnoh League Victors? Also we had a 2 or 3 month wait for DP after BF.

I could see them starting XY on the 14th and starting with episode 3 on January 4th (skipping a week or two for the holiday stuff since CN screw the line up around that time) So the new XY episodes air in 2014. Idk but I guess they could air the specials if they wanted too.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

No, just stop, seriously...stop. That TR vs TP is long gone, it is never seeing the light of day. I don't know why TPCi randomly atarted showing the N intro, and then went back to the da one, and back again, and again. There is no secondary reason though, it is just someone for some reason messing it up badly. And who says xy dub can't start in late december? At the most there will only be a week off after da. There is never a break longer than that between dub seasons.

No, just stop, seriously...stop. That TR vs TP is long gone, it is never seeing the light of day. I don't know why TPCi randomly atarted showing the N intro, and then went back to the da one, and back again, and again. There is no secondary reason though, it is just someone for some reason messing it up badly. And who says xy dub can't start in late december? At the most there will only be a week off after da. There is never a break longer than that between dub seasons.

When has this ever happened before? Have you ever recalled them accidentally airing the Rival Destinies opening during Adventures in Unova or the Black and White one during Rival Destinies? If you think this isn't a conscious decision, you might be in for a huge shock. Also, don't tell me to stop posting my opinions on a forum. Keep doing that and I'll keep reporting you.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
For a cave known to house Dragon-type Pokémon, it's pretty underwhelming how it's littered with common Pokémon found IN EVERY ISLAND, and there's just a single Dragon type in there.

They said that in the dub? Odd. In the original, it was just said that the cave was known for having many kinds of Pokémon, with no mention of their types.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
They said that in the dub? Odd. In the original, it was just said that the cave was known for having many kinds of Pokémon, with no mention of their types.

Maybe I didn't listen too well.

But "many kinds of Pokémon" is still within littering the cave with Patrat, Foongus, Deerling, and Woobat.

Seriously, when will we ever have ACTUAL many kinds of Pokémon? I want to see wild Larvesta, Tyrogue, Riolu, or -shockers - Pikachu?

EDIT: TR vs. TP is forever dead, people. Live with it. There's no logic with this.

Last edited: