• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Pokemon Christmas Carol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
What if the Anime decided to make a Pokemon special based off the popular story ( A Christmas Carol ) what characters ( Human or Pokemon ) would be good for the major roles? For example... Paul ( Ash's grouchy rival from the DP saga ) would make a great Scrooge. Celebi... The Time Travel Pokemon would make a great Ghost of Christmas Past while Darkrai would make a Perfect Ghost of Christmas Future ( or yet to come ) and I'm sure Max ( May's little brother from the Hoenn saga ) would make an adorable Tiny Tim! So what about you? What Anime Characters do you think could be good actors? Discuss. And have a Very Merry Christmas!!

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Aww this sounds so cute. I haven't watched/read Christmas Carol in a long time. I need to look into the cast roles again :p I'll try to edit my post then. I can just imagine something like this though (a little too easily)

Ash: OI SHINJI!!
Paul: Bah humbug.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
This is an interesting idea.I'm shocked we only got 1 xmas ep in 14 years.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Cool idea, but if they didn't do it now, they ain't ever doing it. And besides, A Christmas Carol is a western story, and I don't think they'd be too keen on possibly alienating their main JAPANESE audience. Maybe if it was an NA/Europe/Australia exclusive we'd probably see it, but fat chance of that ever happening.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I'm shocked we only got 1 xmas ep in 14 years.

They usually save the Christmas Episodes for Specials, but its been a few years since we've gotten one of those too hasn't it?

And besides, A Christmas Carol is a western story, and I don't think they'd be too keen on possibly alienating their main JAPANESE audience.

They've done a West Side Story and Romeo and Juliet parodies. They also referenced the Bible. A Christmas Carol is one of the wider known stories so its not entirely impossible.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
An all Pokemon cast would be pretty cute..

Scrooge - Hmm, grumpy looking Pokemon.. Scrafty?
Jacob Marley - Conkeldurr, would look epic in chains.
Tiny Tim - Pichu, as if they'd choose anyone else.
Bob Cratchit - With Pichu as Tiny Tim, its gotta be Pikachu.
Ghost of Christmas Past - Froslass/Gothitelle
Ghost of Christmas Present - Gardevoir
Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come - Darkrai

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
A Very Plasma Christmas, where Ghetsis is mistaken for a very decorative Christmas tree and N stars in the Nativity as baby.....N. Hero = Saviour, I guess.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
This is a fantastic idea! If this was made from the Original Series...

Scrooge - James would be perfect, as he can display both the qualities of a bad guy (beginning) and a really good guy (at the end).
Jacob Marley - Meowth
Tiny Tim - Pikachu
Bob Cratchit - Ash
Ghost of Christmas Past - I know in many interpretations they actually use a character from "Scrooge's" past, so Jessibelle!
Ghost of Christmas Present - Jessie
Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come - James' Victreebel shrouded in a cloak, being silent like the other "Ghost of Christmas Futures", but you know it's Victreebel by they way it bounces to move and how it points out things (as the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come does not usually speak) with its vine/whip.

Status
Not open for further replies.