• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Pokemon Delema, please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, guys this is my first post, and i am not very sure weather i ought to be posting this question here, so if neccesary a mod can just move it.

Okay, so today i picked up a used version of Fire Red from my local gamestop. But, when I booted it up in my DS i noticed something... odd, the original trainer had all of the pokemon in his Dex! I thought this was wierd, so i checked his boxes. And there was tons of awsome pokemon! There is, to name a few, multiple untouched starters, all of the legendary dogs;244;, Lugia, Dioxes (spelling?), Mew, and various others. My question to you is, should I start a new game and make my planned team or, should i keep it and wait until I get platinum for some good trades?

AstralEon

The one and only.
Well... Platinum wont come out for a few months and it depends on what you want. Do you want to take the easy way(grab some pokemon that seems impossible to get) OR go the long way(dont take any and restart it)

I had the same feeling when i got Ruby. I kinda went both ways... took like 2 or 3 legends and restarted it....

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I say don't restart, especially if some of them ar eshinies, and when you say whole, are we talking about Jirachi, Deoxys, Mew and Celebi as well?

Okay, i've got all level 100 Lugia, Deoxes, Mew, Charizard, several lvl 5 starters for all generations, and many others, but none are shineys. And i sold my diamond a while ago, before i could even beat it, so im just going to wait until Platinum comes out, so until it releases i am playing Fire Red to get my poke'fix.

Last edited:

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
keep it and wait until platinum, you'll never (probably) have this opportunity again.

Will people really trade me awsome pokemon for all of these hacked ones? I dont want to condone hacking, but will people trade for them? BTW, i just checked the bag, there are 70 rare candies.

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
or get D/P again, or even ask a friend to keep them safe and if they do they get a cookie!
or something like that.
EDIT-make the pokemon hold the rare candies.

Last edited:

Kaliber

Older Master
Get D/p again.

Transfer the good ones to D/P.

Trade with me.

Mission accompished.

Kaliber

Older Master
Get D/p again.

Transfer the good ones to D/P.

Trade with me.

Mission accompished.

LordKelvin

It's not Lupus.
Hmm, so it sounds like a lot of those Pokémon were hacked. Check the individual data entries more closely, do any of the Event-only Pokemon have the cartridge player as the Original Trainer? If so, then it's a hacked game, and you probably won't want to trade them over WiFi once you Pal Park them over.

Otherwise, if you're just looking to fill your Dex, then by all means, keep them until Platinum, Pal Park them over, then restart. I personally would find it very odd that someone would sell their FireRed cart if it had all those Pokemon on it, and my very first assumption would be that they were all hacked, especially considering that the GBA carts can't trade over WiFi.

Chansey hunter

Expert Photoshopist
Steal all hiz pogeymans!

No seriously, they are probably just hacked poke's and a hacked pokedex.
Yeah look through them closely and check the OT and ID# check out.
Unless you're not that fussed about hacked poke's...

Ms. Mime

I don't know much about hacked Pokemon and how to "check" them, but I say keep them untill you migrate them, then restart and make your dream team. ^^

??????

That guy.
Trade to emerald.

Clone aforementioned good Pokemon.

Transfer clones to D/P/P.

Win.

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
forgot about cloning.
but some people dislike it(I dunno why- why lose all your regis just to get regigigas when you can keep some 3rd gen?)

Status
Not open for further replies.