• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Prism of Light and Darkness: Its name is Necrozma! (1032)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1032.jpg

A Prism of Light and Darkness: Its name is Necrozma!

With Lunala recovered, Ash & Co. join it through the Ultra Wormhole in hunt of Necrozma who has taken over Solgaleo. When through the wormhole, they find themselves on Poipole's homeworld but things on this world are not alright. In addition to this, the special unit from Team Rocket is also going through the wormhole with their eyes set on Necrozma. Can they also be stopped?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
No "Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom" or "Lunalium Z" yet, and they are already in Poipole's World.

Naganadel uses telepathy to talk, and seems to have the voice of a elder/old woman.

Necrozma BGM (not the battle one) played a bit while that flashback is going.

Mega Aggron OHKO'ed Kukui's and Faba's Pokemons with one 'Heavy Slam'.

Gladion used 'Normalium Z' with Silvally.

It was nice that the writers didn't mess up in this episode, and managed to keep the seriousness of the plot intact until the end (unlike the "Lusamine Rescue" parter).

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It was nice to see Naganadel communicate in telepathy but I felt like it had to because of the arc wrapping up soon. I guess the Kukui and Faba vs Team Rocket battle will be held out for a bit longer but Mega Aggron was definitely cool. Also a nice cliffhanger where the Z-Moves are about to hit Dusk Mane Necrozma.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I'm sick of telepathy talk but eh we needed someone to explain what happened in the flashback. Liked the small arguing between Ash and Gladion since the former wanted to offer his help to the Poipole there. Really liked Heavy Slam's animation too.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So that Naganadel had special telepathy powers which helped it to communicate with Ash and co. and even helped to show to Ash and co. what happened to its world back then via a vision, like just how Latias did in M05 via its Psychic powers. Doesn't logically make much sense but for plot convenience purposes it's OK I guess.

The fight with Dusk Mane Necrozma was a bit too short but TBH I really liked Necrozma showing off its godly power by overwhelming and throwing around Lunala, and even Silvally's attacks even barely fazed it. I'd still say I'd have loved if the action/fight scenes involving Necrozma were a bit longer.

Mega Aggron was an absolute beast!!!! :D:D RIP Kukui's and Faba's Pokemon, that too with just one heavy hit. Really liked seeing one of the really shafted megas back in Gen 6 anime finally getting some much needed love and spotlight here. :)

Episode ends with everybody together using the Z-power on Necrozma, did quite understand why though....probably to give Necrozma the Ultra Aura it's looking for I guess. And Gladion using a Z-move with Silvally!!! :eek::eek: I remember many people arguing against me that Silvally can never use a Z-move since it already carries items in the memory disks, back during the Aether arc, guess they're proved wrong now!! :D:p Anyway, it was also nice to see that Gladion has got another Z-crystal for himself in Normalium-Z, guess he has done the Melemele trial already.

Quite good episode overall, the excitement was present throughout, and sets up the hype really well for the final episode which is supposed to be the main climax of this arc, though it wasn't faultless at the same time. 8/10.

p96822

Evolve me please
Wow I think the writers are just making Team Rocket nothing but a second though here. They feel kind of pointless now because of Ash and the others being in the Poipole and Naganadel's world. I feel really bad that Aggron gets a few minutes of screen time

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Wow I think the writers are just making Team Rocket nothing but a second though here. They feel kind of pointless now because of Ash and the others being in the Poipole and Naganadel's world. I feel really bad that Aggron gets a few minutes of screen time
Well at least it seemed like they almost defeated Kukui and Faba though. I'm pretty sure there's still more to be done to Team Rocket and they were pretty much about to go through the Ultra Wormhole.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Seeing Kukui's Pokemon get annihilated was the highlight of the episode for me!
It's been so long since we've seen powerful Rocket agents.... very welcome sight.

Hopefully they'll help Guzzlord get the arc that it deserves

xEryChan

Demon Child
So Naganadal has some special power that made it able to telepathically communicate with Ash and friends? That was a bit confusing but since it is for plot convenience, I guess I have no choice other than to let it slide.

The fight with Dusk Mane Necrozma and Lunala was wayy too short, it only lasted for a couple of seconds. But that is understandable since this episode was more meant for Ash and co to learn about Necrozma and mostly, to set up for the next episode and the final episode of the Necrozma arc, especially with Ash and co. getting ready to use their Z-moves against Necrozma, which was the real highlight of the episode for me. Also, Gladion is usuing a Z move with Silvally. I thought for sure he would not be able to since in the games, Silvally has to hold the memory. I’m glad to know its still possible.

Dang, Mega Aggron is a beast. I never expected it to take down Professor Kukui’s Braviary, Fana’s Hypno and Alakazam with one attack. That was just crazy.

Now, I’m getting anxious since next episode is the final episode of the Necrozma arc. The preview for the next episode looks epic, especially with Ash and Gladion performing Solgaleo and Lunala’s Z moves next episode and I so can’t wait for this. Overall, great episode. Bravo.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I did not expect Naganadel to use telepathy, but since this is essentially a movie in the form of a television series arc, I guess that option should have occurred to me.

Even more surprising: Silvally using a Z-Move! And Breakneck Blitz at that! Guess Gladion really did make good on his earlier promise to continue the Island Challenge. Will Umbreon use Black Hole Eclipse? Maybe even Never-Ending Nightmare, just for the sake of debuting it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So Naganadal has some special power that made it able to telepathically communicate with Ash and friends? That was a bit confusing but since it is for plot convenience, I guess I have no choice other than to let it slide.
Yes, Naganadel is confirmed to be telepathic and I definitely heard the Japanese word for 'telepathy' there, which was basically the same thing. That was definitely for the sake of Naganadel being able to communicate the backstory of Necrozma efficiently and more clearly.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
You know, for everyone saying Mega Aggron is strong, maybe it is. But maybe, Kukui's Braviary and Faba's Hypno and Alakazam aren't all that we thought they were. To me, Kukui's looking like the first actually beatable Champion (assuming he gets that role in the Alola League) we've seen in the series. I'd like to see Mega Aggron deal with something like Cynthia's Garchomp or heck, even Kukui's Incineroar. Wouldn't that be something if Kukui reveals himself as the Masked Royal by using Incineroar to take out Mega Aggron and only Faba of all people realizes it.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
For Faba and Kukui having a hard time against that Mega Aggron... they got annihilated. I'm curious if Kukui pulls out Incineroar next to just take it out because he needs to lol.

Naganadel having telepathy is not impressive to me, but its not a big deal, it works I guess. Now we know that Poipole won't evolve and stay with Ash. Maybe it'll stay, but unless we are going to have a telepathic pokemon on the main cast, Naganadel ain't happening for Ash.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'm curious if Kukui pulls out Incineroar next to just take it out because he needs to lol.
It would have been a bit of a nice twist if he did but I don't think he felt too ready to send it out yet. That's pretty much because he doesn't want to expose his double life as both a Pokémon Professor and the Masked Royal.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Yes, Naganadel is confirmed to be telepathic and I definitely heard the Japanese word for 'telepathy' there, which was basically the same thing. That was definitely for the sake of Naganadel being able to communicate the backstory of Necrozma efficiently and more clearly.
Well, since Naganadel isn't a Psychic Pokemon it hardly makes much sense for it to communicate via Psychic ways/mind like Mewtwo (OS) did, neither did it makes sense for it to show a vision like that, similar to what Lapras (M05) did. Only Psychic types and Pokemon with Psychic type moves are supposed to be capable of doing that stuff, but Naganadel can't even learn a Psychic type move, so it honestly didn't make any sense. Guess for the sake of plot convenience the writers can pull off any asspulls as possible. :p

The fight with Dusk Mane Necrozma and Lunala was wayy too short, it only lasted for a couple of seconds.
Eh, that being a bit too harsh, I'd say it about lasted more than a minute, while I'd say that personally I'd have loved to see the battle for a bit longer, but I still liked seeing Necrozma showing of its godly power by overwhelming and throwing around Lunala, and even Silvally's Air Slash barely even fazed it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well, since Naganadel isn't a Psychic Pokemon it hardly makes much sense for it to communicate via Psychic ways/mind like Mewtwo (OS) did, neither did it makes sense for it to show a vision like that, similar to what Lapras (M05) did. Only Psychic types and Pokemon with Psychic type moves are supposed to be capable of doing that stuff, but Naganadel can't even learn a Psychic type move, so it honestly didn't make any sense. Guess for the sake of plot convenience the writers can pull off any asspulls as possible. :p
Obviously. Even so it's quite weird for non-Legendary Pokémon to be able to do so. But pretty much they didn't have much choice there because they wanted a quick setup to Ultra Necrozma here at least.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Dang, Kukui and Faba got their butts handed to them on a silver platter by Gozu and his mega Aggron. It only used one attack on them and knocked out all three Pokemon at once. That was crazy, needless to say.

So, Naganadal has telepathy and communicated with Ash and co. about Necrozma’s backstory? Tbh, that is so predictable. I was not surprised when Naganadal started communicating with the Ultra Guardians one bit, which says a lot. Also, how is Naganadal able communicate with the Ultra Guardians? It’s not a psychic type Pokemon so how? That makes no sense.

The battle between Dusk Mane Necrozma and Lunala was really short, which I totally saw coming. But now, we have Ash, Lana, Kiawe, and Gladion using their Z moves and Gladion is using his Z move with Silvally instead of his Lycanroc, which was quite shocking. I never thought I’d see Silvally use a Z move because of the memory discs.

Needless to say, this was a great episode. I really loved it and it was totally worth getting up at 6AM to watch. Bravo, writers. Bravo!