• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Prism of Light and Darkness: Its name is Necrozma! (1032)

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
There is no doubt in my mind now that Hawlucha got so good during the Kalos league, it managed to beat an absol that beat it with better strategy and use of the battlefield in the diancie movie.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
There is no doubt in my mind now that Hawlucha got so good during the Kalos league, it managed to beat an absol that beat it with better strategy and use of the battlefield in the diancie movie.
TBH Hawlucha had an enormous advantage vs Mega Absol, pretty much each and every one of its moves are super-effective on Mega Absol, so even if Hawlucha really beat it on its own, we can't be really sure if that indeed proves that Hawlucha is superior to Mega Absol. Given how Hawlucha got destroyed by Mega Absol in the Diancie movie, it's a bit hard to believe that Hawlucha beat it on its own; you can say that Hawlucha got a lot stronger in the Kalos League from that point, but well, does it make sense to assume that Astrid and Mega Absol didn't get stronger at all and made no progression?

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I haven’t seen the episode yet but did Silvally’s typing change with a Memory? I don’t think there’s even a Normal Memory so of course it could use a Z-move. A Memory wasn’t inserted into Silvally to begin with so it’s able to use Z-moves (assuming this is correct).

(And if it did, it makes no sense for it to be able to use Normalium Z while it’s something like a Steel type)

There is no "Normal Memory" for Silvally, just like the is no Normal-type "Plate" for Arceus. Since both of them are at base Normal types.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
TBH Hawlucha had an enormous advantage vs Mega Absol, pretty much each and every one of its moves are super-effective on Mega Absol, so even if Hawlucha really beat it on its own, we can't be really sure if that indeed proves that Hawlucha is superior to Mega Absol. Given how Hawlucha got destroyed by Mega Absol in the Diancie movie, it's a bit hard to believe that Hawlucha beat it on its own; you can say that Hawlucha got a lot stronger in the Kalos League from that point, but well, does it make sense to assume that Astrid and Mega Absol didn't get stronger at all and made no progression?
It's called character growth and development

Characters triumphing over previous failures and all that nonsense

D

Deleted member 384931

So they will all share there Z-Power and Ultra Necrozma will be here once again so that world will be saved?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
This episode was better than SM088, but I still found it a bit boring at times (though boring is better than being outright average like SM088).

This is the second last episode of this arc, but I still feel they've not done a very good job at explaining why Necrozma awoke from its slumber. And of course, the fact that a random Naganadel they stumbled upon happened to know telepathy and show them the whole backstory in one sitting shows that they rushed this arc. Ideally one would expect the UG to learn the whole backstory themselves over a period of time, but sure, throw in a Naganadel with telepathy to remove all that.

I get that Ash is trying to explain the
Manalo concept, but were those awful Principal Oak face puns really required. Also, that Jessie face was seriously creepy.

Battles in this episode were way too short. The battle against DMN was for a minute, and Mega Aggron wrecked Alakazam, Hypno and Braviary in one move (I seriously got a good laugh at that moment).

Overall, episode gets a 7.5/10. Probably the best of the 3 episodes so far, but not without its share of issues.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
The arc feels a bit rushed here. I don't mind Kukui and Faba jobbing to Gozu, Gozu is among the highest of Team Rockets, the elite and the strongest. Him having super-strong pokémon isn't that strange. But they did do it a bit too fast, at least put up a little fight. Hypno didn't even manage to get Reflect up. The exposition for Poipole's backstory also went a bit too quickly. Naganadel being telepathic and just telling them feels like a cheap cop-out to get the exposition over with. I think this arc would have benefitted from having an extra episode or two, giving the battles a bit more space and giving the exposition more time to come naturally. Poipole likes to draw, there could have been murals and drawings in Poipole's world made by them, they could have explained the backstory that way, without the telepathy and Naganadel magically knowing their language. Let the characters discover the backstory, instead of just telling them. It could've been a good opportunity to have Lillie and Sophocles contribute despite their lack of Z-moves, they're good at deciphering such things.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Boy, if only they had introduced characters who already had ties to Poipole and Necrozma...
ultra_by_songbreeze741-dbuqfkg.png

So many dropped balls in the anime, to the point it's at its best when it isn't aping the games and doing its own thing

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Boy, if only they had introduced characters who already had ties to Poipole and Necrozma...
ultra_by_songbreeze741-dbuqfkg.png

So many dropped balls in the anime, to the point it's at its best when it isn't aping the games and doing its own thing

They were just the guys who didn't do anything in the games anyway, nobody really cared about them. I honestly don't miss them at all. Poipole pretty much took over their entire role.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
They were just the guys who didn't do anything in the games anyway, nobody really cared about them. I honestly don't miss them at all. Poipole pretty much took over their entire role.
They missed their chance to pull an XYZ and make them much more prominent in later arcs

Unfortunately, it feels like they repeated the same mistake they did back with Best Wishes and sloppily incorporated elements from the...well USM are pretty much the Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum of Gen VII, in the fact they completely overwrite the previous games, so...

if you squint a little, and reorganize a few plot elements, you could easily spin USM as a sequel akin to BW2

Wish they'd go back to not releasing a core game every year and do more PMD/Ranger/Orre so the anime can breathe a little

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Finally got around to watching this episode. Here's my inital reaction as the episode plays out:
-I'm glad the adults actually have some sort of caution for the kids going through an Ultra Wormhole.
-Watching the opening gives more belief that Poipole will get released.
-This is the first time TRio has seen the twerps leave as the UGs. Their reaction to them coming out with Lunala was funny
-Glad Kukui & Faba decided to go deal with TR.
-Faba being bossy. Good ol' Faba
-Why are they surprised with Lunala doing that? It's not like it's the counterpart to another Pokémon you've seen do a similar thing.
-I swear if they make Faba betray them after this I'll riot.
-Poipole happy to be home must be such a bittersweet thing for it.
-My god the sound of several Poipole voices is hard to listen to
-Yo that Naganadel came in looking like it's hench. Ironic, isn't it?
-No duh you don't have data, Rotom.
-Poipole reacting to seeing Naganadel:
cute
-Ash being concerned for a gigantic alien he just met. Never change, Ashy boy.
-Naganadel knows not to take food from strangers.
-That voice along with the line "Thank you, ones without stingers" really makes me like this Naganadel. Also obligatory "it can talk?!"
-Naganadel actually name drops Necrozma. Nice
-Naganadel doesn't care for your sun, Ash. It wants its light
-It can't even explain itself and yet they start bombarding it with "Explain yourself". Rude kids smh
-Knew that flower field was a projection from Naganadel. What's that theme in the background?
-That quick scene with Poipole and Lillie was actually cute
-Who says "Kaboom" with a serious face?
-Poor Necrozma and Poipole/Naganadel
-Why doesn't Necrozma just give Solgaleo and Lunala the chance to give it light?
-I'm glad they're not saying it's a simple story of Necrozma being wrong
-Love the Necrozma battle theme still
-ew that Palkia cry does not fit Dusk Mane either
-Gladion actually sprung into action before Ash.
-Ash sure is ambitious
-Oh, so Sophocles is Necrozma
-Alola means everything, doesn't it?
-Oh yeah Rocket exists.
-Still can't take Gozu seriously. Never will
-Oh Mega Aggron. Still wish it was another Mega.
-So they see this big thing jump up and no one thinks to move? That's not showcasing Aggron's or Gozu's strength. It just shows it's heavy and Kukui/Faba don't even try to make a counter.
-James is a Super Saiyan cconfirmed
-Same Z Moves? Yawn.
-I wonder if Necrozma knew their intentions. If not, why just sit there?

Really liked this episode, but I felt it was kind of underwhelming. Naganadel is my favorite part of this episode especially seeing it has telepathy

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I like how Ash goes "screw the Solgaleo I helped raise, I'm gonna help this thing that just had its spawn try and kill me."

Our protagonist, ladies, gentlemen, and everything in between
But he still had to do so to prevent further harm to Nebby and Lunala anyway. I guess they were surprised to find out in the first place was the sudden hostility of Necrozma and they attacked it because of it at first, not realising that they have to give it light in order to calm it down.

DatsRight

I'm more perturbed about the fact Poipole was sent on an urgent mission to save it's family, and then wasted so much time playing around in Alola that it seemed to literally forget about them until the painting episode.

I mean I get the closing wormholes kinda left it out of options either way but it pretty much was 'dying family who?.....Oh yeah....' in that episode.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
I like how Ash goes "screw the Solgaleo I helped raise, I'm gonna help this thing that just had its spawn try and kill me."

I believe it was more along the lines of “I’m going to save BOTH the Solgaleo I helped raise AND this suffering creature that the family of ANOTHER Pokémon I’ve helped raise desperately need to keep their world intact.”

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

Except it didn't do that. The Poipole attacked of their own accord. And Naganadel was clearly injured.

Ash is the "I'll save everyone" kind of person.

I'm more perturbed about the fact Poipole was sent on an urgent mission to save it's family, and then wasted so much time playing around in Alola that it seemed to literally forget about them until the painting episode.

I mean I get the closing wormholes kinda left it out of options either way but it pretty much was 'dying family who?.....Oh yeah....' in that episode.

Have you ever raised a baby? They're kind of easily distracted.

Naganadel was old, but it clearly wasn't going to keel over in a few days.

xEryChan

Demon Child

Except that is not how it happened. The Poipole attacked on their own, nobody told them to attack. Ash could clearly tell something was up with Naganadel and he wanted to help it. He has a big heart and wants to help anything, even if he was being attacked earlier on in the episode.

D

Deleted member 384931

I dont feel like it is "intense". Idk why or how.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
I dont feel like it is "intense". Idk why or how.

In terms of action, this episode delivered. But I also had a hard time getting invested in the drama here since episodes like this that involve Legendary Pokemon tend to be handled with kid gloves compared to how the movies handle them.