• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Prism of Light and Darkness: Its name is Necrozma! (1032)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Why is Kukui letting Starlight Glimmer wannabe come along??

That is a strange voice Naganadel has, but it fits perfectly considering what it is.

First Mega Evolution all saga, and it swept.

That "lovely and charming villains" thing is the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever heard Team Rocket say, bar none.

I like how this episode's music mainly had a mystical feel to it. Appropriate since this episode was lore-heavy.

Next week, the end of this arc (but strangely not the season).
mega steelix and gyarados?

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
Whoa, wait. They recited part of the Japanese motto in the English dub?
Well, that explains why it's the dumbest TRism ever.
To answer your question, yes they did unfortunately. It's nothing to get excited about.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Oh, Dusk Mane has Palkia's cry too. Okay then. I figured they used it for Dawn Wings because it sounded like a more intense version of Lunala's shriek-like cry, but it sounds nothing like Solgaleo's roar. I guess they just wanted to use Palkia's cry for no real reason then.

Anyways, another good episode. Once again, it maybe could have used a little more action, but the story was good this time, at least. I hope they eventually show us a more in-depth Legendary battle, because what they've shown so far has been somewhat disappointing. It figures that Necrozma is doing this for the good of the world. I was very surprised in the beginning to see an arc that seemed to have a Pokémon villain with no human interaction. Not upset that things turned out like this, it just makes them a little more typical.

So, this world has no light and is home to both Poipole and Necrozma, does that make it the world where the Ultra Megalopolis is located? Kind of sad they didn't bring the Ultra Recon Squad into this arc, I would have been very interested to see them animated and voiced.

Help me figure something out though. Isn't Z-Power gathered from the surrounding area? So, in this world where the light has vanished altogether, wouldn't there be no Z-Power to give Necrozma in the first place? I'm excited to see Ultra Necrozma, but this seems to be forcing things just a little.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Cant Z-Moves be special enough on this own? Why is M.E. needed out of the blue?

What makes it out of the blue?

We have no real context on how that fight went down. We saw the end result.

Actually, we did see the end result; it's just the beginning result we didn't see (which is almost more annoying)

-I'm glad they're not saying it's a simple story of Necrozma being wrong

When does this ever happen in Pokémon though? In general it's very rare for villanized Pokémon to be considered "simply wrong" and they are almost always redeemed. In fact it would be exciting if it was simply considered to be wrong for once.

-Oh Mega Aggron. Still wish it was another Mega.

This is a pretty underwhelming reaction for something I was shocked at. Did y'all already know Mega Aggron was appearing in this episode based on the preview or something? Looking back at my texts from Saturday morning, I see I texted my friend "HE'S MEGA EVOLVING" when it happened lol.

-Same Z Moves? Yawn.

I don't think Silvally used Breakneck Blitz in SM087.

There's a lot of exposition and lack of actual action. The action is nice, yes, but the pacing makes it lacking IMO. Still the best arc in SM yet tho so far

I like both Akala and AF better than this rushed arc.

I fell like something like this would fit better in XY tbh

Nothing wrong with adding a little bit of XY to SM!

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
What makes it out of the blue?

Actually, we did see the end result; it's just the beginning result we didn't see (which is almost more annoying)

When does this ever happen in Pokémon though? In general it's very rare for villanized Pokémon to be considered "simply wrong" and they are almost always redeemed. In fact it would be exciting if it was simply considered to be wrong for once.

This is a pretty underwhelming reaction for something I was shocked at. Did y'all already know Mega Aggron was appearing in this episode based on the preview or something? Looking back at my texts from Saturday morning, I see I texted my friend "HE'S MEGA EVOLVING" when it happened lol.

I don't think Silvally used Breakneck Blitz in SM087.

I like both Akala and AF better than this rushed arc.

Nothing wrong with adding a little bit of XY to SM!
Togepi and Malamar are two Pokèmon who played antagonistic roles with no sympathy. It’s much easier to say “Hey, that’s bad!” rather than sympathizing so I was kind of expecting that. And yeah Mega Aggron was revealed prior to the episode and I for one didn’t care for its existence

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Togepi and Malamar are two Pokèmon who played antagonistic roles with no sympathy. It’s much easier to say “Hey, that’s bad!” rather than sympathizing so I was kind of expecting that. And yeah Mega Aggron was revealed prior to the episode and I for one didn’t care for its existence
Togepi was a filler Pokémon and Malamar's arc was not concluded so we don't know how it would have ended. I have never expected a proper Pokémon arc to just have a Pokémon be villainized with no explanation.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Togepi was a filler Pokémon and Malamar's arc was not concluded so we don't know how it would have ended. I have never expected a proper Pokémon arc to just have a Pokémon be villainized with no explanation.
Most antagonistic Pokèmon are filler Pokèmon so most don’t really get explanations outside of “TRio did this behind the scenes to manipulate them”.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Most antagonistic Pokèmon are filler Pokèmon so most don’t really get explanations outside of “TRio did this behind the scenes to manipulate them”.
I agree, but this isn't a filler arc, so I never close to expecting Necrozma to go down this way.

Vipsoccermaster

Alola sharing! Share with everyone in Alola! Is it fun to share? Probably. The episode overall was fine, but I do agree that the pacing of this arc seems a bit fast...too fast for me to actually comprehend the whole situation of the arc. Poor Kukui and Faba, being beaten down badly by Gozu's Mega Aggron.

Gladion is a bit on the rush here, but I'm glad he took the time with the group to figure out the solution on how to save Solgaleo, Lunala, and the world of Poipole together, without sacrificing anyone. Poor Lusamine, thinking that she doesn't want her children to be in the dangers again after the whole ordeal with the Aether Foundation arc, but you certainly can't say no to those eyes of determination. Gladion was going to say, like, that he will protect his sister at all costs whenever Lillie is not within Lusamine's presence. True sibling love!

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Nice to see the land of the Poipole's. Mega Aggron was cool and bonus points to see it coming from Team Rocket. (Team Rocket affiliate) I doubt their battle will end that quickly but I think its good to finally get a few moments where Team Rocket is a bit more than instant "fodder material"