• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Promise Is A Promise (224)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I didn't think this Lugia arc was good because it dragged on too long and Namba should've been replaced by a TR Executive.

I kind of think he was supposed to be the anime's version of an executive given his high position within Team Rocket. I just didn't think his design was that good hee hee. ^^

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Not that Dr. Namba being replaced by a TR Executive would've changed much since whoever was in charge of this TR grand scheme would've failed to steal Lugia, regardless. :x

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Not that Dr. Namba being replaced by a TR Executive would've changed much since whoever was in charge of this TR grand scheme would've failed to steal Lugia, regardless. :x

That's true too. Dr Namba was kind of awkward as far as Team Rocket villains go tho. I expect goofy antics from Jessie, James and Meowth cuz they're low ranking members, but Dr Namba seemed kind of incompetent as well in this episode despite his high rank.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
That's true too. Dr Namba was kind of awkward as far as Team Rocket villains go tho. I expect goofy antics from Jessie, James and Meowth cuz they're low ranking members, but Dr Namba seemed kind of incompetent as well in this episode despite his high rank.

Was he even a high-ranked TR official, though? I thought he as just a TR scientist.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Was he even a high-ranked TR official, though? I thought he as just a TR scientist.

If I remember right he was a Team Rocket scientist, tho since he was shown giving orders to Cassidy and Butch and had a whole army of Team Rocket members working under him, I assumed that he must've had alot of authority in the organization.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
If I remember right he was a Team Rocket scientist, tho since he was shown giving orders to Cassidy and Butch and had a whole army of Team Rocket members working under him, I assumed that he must've had alot of authority in the organization.

Makes me wonder exactly how high up he was in terms of seniority. And tbh, I wish we had seen Giovanni in this episode. I just realized that we never saw him in this whole Lugia 3-parter...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
And tbh, I wish we had seen Giovanni in this episode. I just realized that we never saw him in this whole Lugia 3-parter...

I figured that the whole scheme involving capturing the two Whirl Island Lugias was part of Dr Namba's plan alone and that it didn't even interest Giovanni cuz I also can't remember if Giovanni was ever specifically mentioned by Dr Namba at all. ^^;

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, I wonder why Hiroshi was even brought back for this mini-arc since this episode sort of made him seem redundant, except during the Eleboo battle scenes. I was also a bit disappointed that Nanba-hakase and the Rocket-dan grunts were left floating in the sea and weren't even arrested in the end.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Great to see TRio do some good. Dr. Namba was truly evil, but why was he the leader here and not Giovanni? I was glad both Ash Pikachu took down Electabuzz.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was glad when Lugia was reunited with her child, although I did wonder why the Rocket-dan had even wanted the two Lugia so much to begin with. Other than their rarity, they didn't seem very useful.

Daizy

I call you honey
So after a long battle full of Ash and Ritchie working together to outwit Dr. Namba, Silver and Lugia were finally saved. Wow though this episode wrapped everything up well which surprised me. I was expecting the usual rush job.

Great episode, but here's some things that would make it better for me:

1. Giovanni actually appearing (not in the base, just watching over)
2. Dr. Namba dying from the explosion
3. The devices make the Pokémon in pain so that they enrage them

I'll miss you such much Ritchie my cinnamon roll.