• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Promise Is A Promise (224)

CliveKoopa

These three Lugia episodes are one of the best arcs in the whole series. Great to see TR do something good and give Oliver the code for the cage holding Ash and co. Dr Namba was truly evil, why was he the leader here and not Giovanni?

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
The three part was pretty good, I liked these episodes really. It's nice seeing TR helping for a change, shame they got sent flying (J&J I mean) with the other two.

Nanba or whatever does sound like an idiot, they did good in defeating him. I like the JJ & CB along with the twerp twins fighting in each scene, JJ actually did pretty well (Brock and Misty (Aside telling Poliwhirl to use water gun on the cage) were the only ones actually not attacking in this episode).

Why is it most Electabuzz are always angry or very mad.
Lugia did a good save on A&R when the roof was about to fall on them.

On a side note: I only realized that Misty&Jessie have alot in common in Johto, they both have Pokemon that appear whenever they want or at the worst time. Yet when angry or determined they use Wobbefuet and Psyduck (Even if they don't win).

One last note, they should have gotten Misty, Brock and that kid to battle (And have Luka join them and battle if she has a Pokemon)

G50

No longer posting
This episode was cool. It was cool seeing TR being heroes for a change and helping release Lugia. It was cool seeing them kick Cassidy and Butch's butts. The way Richie and Ash destroyed the enhancers was very cool. Lugia's Safeguard to help the gang was very cool to see.

70/100

Agreed. The best Jotho arc ever! I've never really like Electabuzz in the anime. They all seem to be evil. This episode was very exciting!

I totally agree... It gives the Pokemon Electabuzz a bad image, for no reason at all... Just like the Power Plant guard Electabuzz in "Current Events." On to this episode: this was an enjoyable episode and a good ending to this Lugia arc. It was nice to see that everything turned out all right. And Jessie and James were awesome and kicked butt in this episode! 10/10.

7threst

This episode was great and a wonderful ending to the Lugia arc. Just how both Team Rocket and Ash were both the heroes in this episode was hilarious and I also enjoyed the reverse psychology with Butch guessing James' name wrong. Both this Team Rocket arc and the other one later on in Master Quest are some of the best episodes in my opinion.

Blessed

Excellent episode to end the Lugia arc, I was glad that Lugia and Silver were finally reunited. It was very nice that Ash and Richie's Pikachu took down Professor Namba's Electabuzz during the battle. I also loved seeing how Sparky shocked Namba. This is Ritchie's last main appearance, we won't see him again until Chronicles.

Team Rocket's stepping up a notch. But, I can't say the same for Jessie and James. I can only say that Arbok is their most decent battler. It's a shame Victreebel is only used for the laughs. Well, it's good Lugia and Silver are reunited.

*~Silver*~

Team Rocket's stepping up a notch. But, I can't say the same for Jessie and James. I can only say that Arbok is their most decent battler. It's a shame Victreebel is only used for the laughs. Well, it's good Lugia and Silver are reunited.

Yeah. [I've always liked their Arbok... xD]

Well, Victreebel is always a really good battler, you know, after it stops eating James, and actually starts fighting. I mean, the thing listens to him, and usually does a good job. xD

This episode was great and a wonderful ending to the Lugia arc. Just how both Team Rocket and Ash were both the heroes in this episode was hilarious and I also enjoyed the reverse psychology with Butch guessing James' name wrong. Both this Team Rocket arc and the other one later on in Master Quest are some of the best episodes in my opinion.

I liked that part too! xD

James: "YOU SAID IT WRONG ON PURPOSE!"

xD

Last edited by a moderator:

Zamin

I liked that part too! xD

James: "YOU SAID IT WRONG ON PURPOSE!"

xD

That part was funny!

It was a great end to the arc, that Doctor Namba reminded me of Doctor Eggman from Sonic lol

I am gonna miss the Whirl Isles, they had some of the best episodes I have seen.

NPT

Just a member
Meh .... I didn't like how Jessie, James and Meowth turned against their own group's plan and acted like heroes in this episode.
But I did liked how Ash and Ritchie's took down Dr. Namba's(his voice was still annoying)Electrobuzz, despite it was being powered up. I'm glad Lugia and Silver left the Island after reuniting with each other.
This three-part arc was pretty good, but this episode's plot was weak compared to the previous episode. I think It would be better if Team Rocket didn't helped them. Anybody else could've helped them or Ash and the others could've found a way out on their own, but sadly that didn't happen in this episode.

zhixun

Yamato and Kosaburo was certainly more competent than Musashi and Kojiro in my opinion. Great to see Satoshi and Hiroshi successfully released the baby Lugia. Great to see Lugia finally realise that Satoshi and friends were not bad guys after all. But the move it used looks a Mamoru/ Protect rather than Shinpi No Mamori/ Safeguard when the submarine is about to explode. Overall this episode was great and certainly unforgettable to me.

Glad everything worked out in the end and the mother and baby Lugia were reunited at last. :)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I was teary-eyed when Lugia was reunited with her child and I liked how Butch said James' name wrong which was like karma ha ha. I wish Ritchie had stayed in the group longer, but I can understand why he left.

Gillachu

Banned
Finally Ash's expy, aka Ritchie, left the cast. I didn't think this Lugia arc was good because it dragged on too long and Namba should've been replaced by a TR Executive.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
It's too bad that this episode is also the last of Butch & Cassidy being truly evil, now them and Namba have become comic relief in the later episodes of the series, this is the last of TR as an organization being evil. :x

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked how Musashi and Kojirou helped Osamu when he infiltrated the underwater facility, and Musashi and Kojirou getting their chance to battle Yamato and Kosaburou again was nice. The two Pikachu battling Nanba-hakase's Eleboo was intense as well, and overall, the Lugia mini-arc had a satisfying end.