• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Pyramiding Rage (596)

HoennMaster

.....yeah......if re-worded.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
This episode was notable for me, because it was a slugfest done well. I remember Ash vs. Morrisson and Ash vs. Tyson in the Hoenn Pokémon League, both of which I found hugely disappointing because they just seemed to boil down to "Hit him with powerful attack X!" and "Hit it back with powerful attack Y!". But this one was fast-paced and packed with power, yet it involved Pokémon using power quite cleverly to pre-empt an attack or strike when there was an opening. We also had some more emotions in there as well other than the standard determination... and Brandon's "NO!" was just the icing on the cake :D

LinkG07

The reason Ash beat Brandon and Reggie and Paul didn't is because Ash takes the time to become one with his team. He doesn't battle just to battle, he battles because he wants to be the best, but also be friends with his pokemon. Paul has no connection to his pokemon, none, that's why he lost so badly. There was no heart to be found in that battle, just rage and anger.

Clubfoot

Hurricane-Thunder
It was, sad to see Paul lost like that, and after that he still did not think Ash was better than him.

Rita689

Oh man. I watched this episode about four or five times in Japanese. For some reason, I just could not get enough of Paul getting slammed around. And when he got mad? Priceless.

I've only seen a little bit of the English dub, but did Regi's voice seem funny to anyone else? Or was it just the beginning? Or is it just me?

Torpoleon

The reason Ash beat Brandon and Reggie and Paul didn't is because Ash takes the time to become one with his team. He doesn't battle just to battle, he battles because he wants to be the best, but also be friends with his pokemon. Paul has no connection to his pokemon, none, that's why he lost so badly. There was no heart to be found in that battle, just rage and anger.
Also, Ash used four of his strongest Pokémon in the final battle. Paul didn't even have Torterra with him because of the Snowpoint Gym. If he did have Torterra, he probably could have beaten at least one of the Regis.

If Ursaring's Focus Blast had hit Regice, Regice probably would have lost. Why did it take so long for Ursaring to charge up Focus Blast? It's not a move where you have to charge up.

NES

Flip me to the side!
I liked this episode and Paul loosing against another important trainer, it shows Paul has to change some aspects that doesn't let him progress.

This episode also gives Ash something Paul doesn't have, it makes that frontier symbol more valuable.

And Regice "voice" is funny!

Torpoleon

I liked this episode and Paul loosing against another important trainer, it shows Paul has to change some aspects that doesn't let him progress.

This episode also gives Ash something Paul doesn't have, it makes that frontier symbol more valuable.

And Regice "voice" is funny!
Well, keep in mind that Paul used some Pokémon that were probably rather weak compared to the Regis. Also, Paul was probably not ready to battle Brandon because Brandon came as a surprise. When Ash beat Brandon, he used four of his strongest Pokémon against 3 of Brandon's weaker Pokémon and one Regi. Paul battled all three Regis, something Ash ash never done.

Torpoleon

Paul knew what he was up against and came to win. He had enough Pokemon that should've won against the Regis but didn't.
No. He came to battle Candice. He did not expect Brandon to come. Three of the Pokémon Paul used against Brandon were reserves, meaning he probably barely used them. Didn't you realize that all the Pokémon Paul used against Brandon had an advantage against Candice in some way?

TheFreshness

this episode was one of the best i have seen in a long time!!!
as totalpotato was saying the battle was awesome because there wasnt just a lot of powerful attacks being thrown around for no reason the battle was actually thought out by both persons even though paul did get destroyed. I just cant wait for the ash vs. paul battle coming up now!!!

NES

Flip me to the side!
Well, keep in mind that Paul used some Pokémon that were probably rather weak compared to the Regis. Also, Paul was probably not ready to battle Brandon because Brandon came as a surprise. When Ash beat Brandon, he used four of his strongest Pokémon against 3 of Brandon's weaker Pokémon and one Regi. Paul battled all three Regis, something Ash ash never done.

Alright that may be one of the reasons he lost, still Paul is similar to Gary when it comes to reserves: he trains all of his pokemon, he seeks for them to be perfect even if they are not in his main roster.

But yeah, Torterra wasn't with Paul and he didn't thought about an strategy against Brandon, yet he couldn't defeat a single regi.

I think he will beat Brandon in his rematch, he won't have his Regis anymore.

Geodude

Actually Nidoking does have a 2x weakness to ice because it is a Ground-type. It wasn't the Poison they were talking about, it was the Ground part of Nidoking.

Whoever said that forgot that Nidoking's Poison type is supereffective against Snover/Abomasnow's Grass type. So as mentioned, every Pokemon Paul used here had some kind of advantage against Candice.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Good episode.
I loved how Paul was so angree when he lost Lairon.
And it was cool to see Candice's Dodrio.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I wasn't too fond of Brandon when he first appeared in "Battling the Enemy Within", but at least he's been better since. It was great to see him again, and it makes sense that he'd appear now since the Snowpoint Temple has a Regi in it. His battle against Paul could have been better, since Brandon completely owned the match, but at least we got a bit of backstory on Paul from Reggie and got a little insight into his style. Overall, an okay episode.

Lunanight

that and in ash's battle with brandon, brandon switched pokemon AND used all three regi's against paul.
also, if paul used the team he always uses, he could have won.

finally, ash used his reserves while paul used pokemon he does not usally use(nidoking, lairon, hariyama)

Torpoleon

Good episode.
I loved how Paul was so angree when he lost Lairon.
And it was cool to see Candice's Dodrio.
I think Paul was just angry that he lost Brandon. Paul wanted to avenge Reggie when Reggie had lost to Brandon. I think that Dodrio is a Pokémon at the school and not actually Candice's.