• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Pyramiding Rage (596)

This was an awesome episode. I really felt bad for Paul after the match was over and the sad music started to play as Magmar was the last one standing...

Episode rating overall (even if Brandon wasn't mentioned as being Paul's dad)= 10/10

Yay for Turtwig in a flashback! xP

This was an awesome episode. I really felt bad for Paul after the match was over and the sad music started to play as Magmar was the last one standing...

Episode rating overall (even if Brandon wasn't mentioned as being Paul's dad)= 10/10

Yay for Turtwig in a flashback! xP

shac

Excellent episode! I give Hirooka a 9 out of 10 for this.

The only downside I would say is Brandon was allowed to rotate his pokemon.
So regirock has been in Brandon's arsenal for quite sometime now and I thought all the regis were newly caught when Ash battled them.

firelovindocker

no paul got thrashed
did you see the smug look on ash's face when he lost, :)
oh well, i hope lairon and haryama don't stay on his team

shac

I don't mind lairon......it can only mean an Aggron come the league and though Aggron has been done to death at this point, I still like it.

HoennMaster

Sigh, Ash-kid, how about you actually look at the pictures or watch the episode before asking a million questions, it will be a lot easier to understand then.

So did Paul and Reggie travel Kanto together?

So, what's the count now?:

- Roark: 5 episodes (oreburgh and the father-son dispute episode)

6, he also was the ref for Ash and Byron's battle.

Last edited:

BM14murph

Master Collector
It was disappointing by any strecth of the imagination but i still thought it might be a bit better sadly

Loved Pauls reaction to Ash when he found out he beat him
Nice lil battle frontier scene with the map nd the 7 brains
The temple guardian appearing was good
Brock being the ref again is always good lol
My god Paul was getting owned for this whole match
I liked the flashback of Regiie and seeing Paul with Turtwig
Wow Paul has a Lairon which was surprising
Poor Paul lost lol thought he would alright
We got a reference to some pokemon contest i'm not so sure where though
and bye bye to Zoey for now lol

Could somebody please tell me what Brandon and Reggie said that got a huge reaction from Paul and Ash at the end of the episode?????

JD

Okay regirock was probably his first regi as regice was his last he caught it who knows where but

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Ok, this episode was pretty awesome. It wasn't a boring 3 on 3 battle between to random trainers, it was an actual 6 on 6 battle (even if Brandon used 3 pokemon only) and two amazing trainers, Brandon and Paul.
I loved the fact that Paul used pokemon we haven't seen before, that made things a bit more exciting, even if we could predict they'd all lose to Brandon's Regirock, Regice and Registeel.
I loved it how Paul was continuously being scolded by Brandon, e.g. "What is the reason you fight for?", "Your pokemon are strong, but they lack the strength in the battlefield, there is no connection between you and them, you dont put your heart into the battle.". Hopefully he can take these pieces of advice into consideration, although I doubt so.
Ash is the finest trainer of all, having beaten Brandon, who so easily defeated Paul, who in turn is considered to be a decent trainer.
It was also sad to see Candice go, but her riding a Dodrio was pretty exciting. I kept thinking she'd fall off.

P.S. Loved Paul's face when he found out Ash had battled and defeated Brandon. Never seen that face before.
A nice link with the next episode has been established.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
Wow, it's been a while since I've watched a new episode and well I was very impressed! Sucks for anyone in Kanto who needs their final symbol though.

Torpoleon

Some times, Wikipedia doesn't tell the truth. Check Bulbapedia, that tells the truth and it is based on Pokemon. The battles seems interesting. I expected Paul to lose. That is what he gets when he is mean to his brother!

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I actually felt sorry for Paul. The sad music when only Magmar was left got to me.

Also Joe, don't forget that Candice's Bio needs updating too with Dodrio.

Last edited:

Dax

Legend
Paul got one embarrassing loss, especially with Lairon. I believe it was the only one who didn’t land a shot, it didn’t even move It just got frozen and then zapped.

The sad music at the end made his loss so dramatic. Earth Power is like an upgraded version of Earthquake.

What was up with Regice's voice?O_O

Lipo

Paul should just put on a dress and start going by the name Mary Poppins cause he is about as threatening as her. That was a rather sad attempt.

Last edited:

BlueVapor

Ahh, Zoey, you always seem to make me laugh.
I for one am not sad that Paul lost. It's about time he got knocked down a notch or two. Anyhow, it was a pretty good episode, which isn't really surprising, I figured it would be anyway.

Blaziryu

Wow! Shinji totally got pwned by Brandon. It's a shame really. I bet Ash was like "Hahahaha! Serve you right you arrogant son of a b*tch!" in his mind after watching Shinji's defeat.

TicoPokemonMaster

I for one still believe that there is a hope for Brandon to be Paul and Reggie's dad. Why would Paul have such anger towards Brandon if all he did was watch his brother begin defeated by Brandon. I particularly liked Paul's face when Ash recongized the Battle Pyramid. But I don't know if Paul knows that Ash won. I still believe that Brandon will be reavealed to be Paul's dad.