• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Pyramiding Rage (596)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pyramid Battle! Brandon VS Paul!

While in Snowpoint City, with Zoey, Paul & Reggie all turning up, Ash & Co. are quick to discover that the Pyramid King, Brandon, has also arrived. After learning that Ash managed to defeat the legendary trainer, Paul quickly challenges Brandon to a battle. However, the battle is due to be a bigger challenge for Paul than he expected...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

slowkingsley

Paul got absolutely spanked 6-0. It was basically a reserve team though apart from Magmar and Electabuzz (and possibly Ursaring). It was nice to see Reggie and for Candice show up.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
The people on bulbapedia say that Paul isn't related to Brandon and that he loses.

Really? It's a shame if they're really not. And I gotta say I at least thought Paul would take down one or two of the Regis- he's a good enough trainer to at least manage one. And Lairon? Seriously? Surely he would have used Torterra in a match like this- it is established as being his usual ace- Aggron I can understand but it's unlike Paul to have a Lairon which isn't evolved yet in such an important battle. Haven't seen this episode yet, but so far I've not heard or read good things...

dman_dustin

Really? It's a shame if they're really not. And I gotta say I at least thought Paul would take down one or two of the Regis- he's a good enough trainer to at least manage one. And Lairon? Seriously? Surely he would have used Torterra in a match like this- it is established as being his usual ace- Aggron I can understand but it's unlike Paul to have a Lairon which isn't evolved yet in such an important battle. Haven't seen this episode yet, but so far I've not heard or read good things...

Unfortunately Brandon ignores the fact he has legendary Pokemon and switches his Pokemon, given Paul no real way to beat him or any of his Pokemon. Every Regi was like full health for every one of Paul's Pokemon.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Serebii can you tell me against who Electubazz and Ursaring was fighting?

Crystal Clair

So Shinji and Jindai aren't related, eh? That's odd although I'm not too disappointed. It's fairly common for us in the fandom to relate two characters to each other but I'm a bit surprised because there were some connections they had like the Reiji - Regi connection. Makes me wonder if the writers just wanted to tease us.

Can't wait for screens! Imma email-subscribe for this thread so I get alerted right away.
Does anyone know of that 2chan place where the earliest shots show up? I can never find my way around 2chan.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
So if Ash was seeting there and seeing how Paul is loosing to Regice (while Paul knows that he defeated him),Paul is definitely imberased.

Shinneth

Fail-Leader!
I hastily took about 60 screencaps of the episode in crappy Keyhole TV quality, ahaha...

I'm still like being desperate since the theory was not exactly directly addressed to either way and we're just now getting into a rather lengthy arc of epic episodes where more backstory could pop out at any time. Because it really does seem like there's more to this than what's been shown here. At least, that's kind of how I feel about it.

I am totally stoked that Paul got owned to pieces in the battle, though. That was totally appropriate.

Shinneth

Fail-Leader!
It's never addressed. Most think the "Jindai-san" and some other things mean that there's no relation, but I think we ought to really get through this saga up to 132 before making a decision. So I see it considered as unresolved right now.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
They showed the battle Reggie-Brandon and how Reggie lost to him?
If yes, what they showed?

Shinneth

Fail-Leader!
They did show the flashback. Reggie had a Drapion... I believe against Regirock. Reggie was shut down and Brandon said some really harsh things to him (that seem to still bug Reggie today) and Paul and his then-Turtwig looked really angry at whatever Brandon said.

And I really do want to know what exactly was said...

kemal07

Brandons got a very ugly gorilla like face i thought he may not be Paul and rejis father. If you think about it the only similar thing are there eyebrows

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
They did show the flashback. Reggie had a Drapion... I believe against Regirock. Reggie was shut down and Brandon said some really harsh things to him (that seem to still bug Reggie today) and Paul and his then-Turtwig looked really angry at whatever Brandon said.

And I really do want to know what exactly was said...

But where is Staraptor and Bibarel? they showed them too?

Edit:
Paul and Turtwig
Young Reggie

Last edited: