• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Pyramiding Rage (596)

Shinneth

Fail-Leader!
They only showed Drapion, actually.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Someone told me that they showed the battles with ANABEL SPENSER and LUCY??

Which Pokemon Reggie used VS them?

Squaaah

Was the battle worth to watch or just it was rushed?

It didn't seem too bad from what I gathered, it was just extremely one sided.

It was a pretty good episode from what I gathered, with a nice flashback seeing a smaller Paul and his Turtwig, and a slightly more agressive looking Reggie. Still, I was hoping Paul would at least be able to take down one of Brandons Reji's. I REALLY want Paul to beat Ash now.

Shinneth

Fail-Leader!
Yep, the Kanto Frontier Brains were just shown in a brief montage of superimposed images over Kanto. I personally liked the battle, if not only for the fact that Paul just completely flipped out eventually, which is a first for this series. Not to mention he got flattened even worse here than he did when he fought Cynthia. The battle overall lasted at least half of the episode, though.

Reggie's flashback only showed him vs Brandon, and it only showed him with Drapion.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I think one of the reasons Paul lost was because of his weird choices. Nidoking, Lairon, and Hariyama, who are they, where did they come from? Why did you (Paul) use them?

Why? because the types. Nido(Fight), Hariama(Fight), Magmar(Fire).

Shinneth

Fail-Leader!
I don't know about you guys, but Paul will always be Brandon's son in my canon.

:<

S-same. But I still think it's too early for the theory to be proclaimed dead at this point. It was never addressed. So my blindly-optimistic side tells me maybe there will be a moment in 129 (like after Brandon gets blasted and stonified) that could easily break the barrier. Either that or we get more detailed backstory during the Ash/Paul fight.

Until that point, I'm saying it's still 50/50 either way. Because they're dropping a huge, huge ball of a storyline to simply say it was all a coincidence. Paul's a shady guy, after all. Still holding in quite a bit, I imagine.

I still find it weird that he never used Torterra at all, too. Especially since they showed it as a Turtwig in the flashback sharing Paul's sentiments towards Brandon.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I didn't have a problem with Nidoking or Hariyama. They're both strong Pokemon, and Hariyama's Fighting type is SE against all three Regi. Besides the main characters, we rarely learn how other trainers got their Pokemon, so it's no big deal with Paul having non-Sinnoh Pokemon...

Lairon's kinda weird though.

dman_dustin

I didn't have a problem with Nidoking or Hariyama. They're both strong Pokemon, and Hariyama's Fighting type is SE against all three Regi. Besides the main characters, we rarely learn how other trainers got their Pokemon, so it's no big deal with Paul having non-Sinnoh Pokemon...

Lairon's kinda weird though.

Even so, for all we know they could be new captures, I mean why didn't he use Torterra, it's at least super effective against both Regirock and Registeel (if it used a ground type). I mean if Paul said they were his old Pokemon, his valued Pokemon, then I'd be partially fine. But Paul's Pokemon didn't even put a scratch on the Regi's. Ash's Pokemon at least did more damage. And those were one on one's too (Regirock, Registeel).

It just seems to be too much for Paul to think he would win if he wasn't using his strongest team, I mean he chose Ursaring, and we know for a fact that one is fairly new (caught in Sinnoh, when Ash was in Sinnoh).

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Yes, maybe he will throw them(Lairon, Hariyama and Nidoking) because they did not proove them'selves.
Hey, Kojiro, you are from Japan? What the hour now in Japan?

dman_dustin

Nidoking did use a powerful Earthquake attack against Registeel which for a moment looked like it would have knocked Registeel out.

So Japan is comfortable with earthquake now? Then I hope to see Donphan and Tauros use their ground type moves again.

In any case so Paul got close to knocking out one of them, I guess the deciding factor was Brandon being able to switch.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Yes Torterra has not used although he has an advantage against Regirock.
Hey Serebii what about the Anime'dex? you are fixing the episodes that I mentioned?

victreebel007

His choice of pokemon were probably for battling candice, paul would've been unaware of brandon being in snowpoint and so just used the pokemon he had on him. shame about him being unable knock him just one regi, since when are frontier brains allowed to switch out in battle?