• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Question about link cables

Manjot

Scizor is my Bishie
I have a link cable I bought to trade from Gold to Crystal. Now I want to use it for Ruby and Sapphire. Do certain link cables only work for certain games?

Scepgatr

I think it must be because Ru/Sa use GameBoyAdvance, wheras G/S use only GameBoyColor. Basically since they are different hand held systems, you can't use the Link Cable for one while using it for another.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
No, it won't work. You will need a GBA cable to trade between 3rd generation games. You can't use a GBC cable

latiaswindblast

What's the diffrense?

Scepgatr

What's the diffrense?

They are two different systems. One system uses a particular type of wire while the other uses another one. I can't give a technical explanation, but its to do with the speed of the data that is transfered or something along the lines of that.

latiaswindblast

Oh,ok,thanks!

0celot

speaking of cables.....what cable would u use to trade pokemon from gba to a gamecube?