• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Question pretaining to Fr/Lg (sorta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jjones1

Why is it that in fr/lg there is a help screen when you press the L/R buttons, but not a help screen in emerald?

Magma Leader Maxie

Non caedor caedo
Maybe gamers said: Stop treating us like idiots, Nintendo! We know how to save the game! Or maybe, with the Battle Frontier and all, they thought it would only take up space. Either way, did you really need it? I know I didn't. And I'm not sorry it's gone.

Clouds

Fog Trainer
it was a great idea, for ppl who havent played it b4 i guess. but then it is that simple right ?

J

jjones1

i agree, it was pointless. although, it did have some useful info.

J

jjones1

Jolteon ^..^ said:
but there are already the trainer tips around some tablets in hoenn.
but they don't have information like different type advantages. (the fr/lg thingie did)

Volteon

Back I guess??
well, I don´t have FR/LG, so I can´t post here too much, but I think the teacy TV (even the name is) pointless

Devilrose

Super Coordinator
My guess is they were aiming at getting new players to play pokemon by putting new features in the remakes that would help new players to get through the beginning of the game. The originaly pokemon games were very basic in terms of tutorials, and still are. About the only real tutorial the games give you is how to catch pokemon, and a battle that you don't have to worry about losing in. The mechanics of the game were never properly introduced, and those signs scattered around were only vaguely helpful anyway.

S

S:C

I think maybe it had something to do with the already plentiful ingame help provided by the random bystanders that you could, um, harness the power of simply by talking to them.

They wanted to redeem the sheer lack of information in the original RGBY. Back in the days, you had to figure stuff on your own unless you had Pokémon Stadium. That made us all big bad n00bs... ;)

Also, FR/LG were geared at the new generation that didn't happen to play the originals, and thusforth, they wanted to give them an easier time with tutorials, help and such. Plus, considering people is stupider with every generation passing... it was needed. =o

Status
Not open for further replies.