• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A question probably done to death can I transfer from yellow to silver using transporter?

CAN1F

Morning all

I have yellow & Silver on the same DS I want to have some highly decorated Pokemon who have won all the leagues they can.

Is it possible to use transporter to get them over to Silver?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
No, the only way to transfer between them is through time-travel trade in those games themselves, which requires the games to be on separate devices.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Don't see why not, they're two separate devices and can be turned on at the same time just fine. You have to if you want to trade between the two.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I reckon it's just not worth the trouble. Back in the days all games were on cartridges so you could only put one in your GameBoy at any time regardless, so there wasn't any way for transfer with one device. And for the virtual consoles my guess is that most players either play through them for nostalgia or for getting pokémon with their hidden abilities to transfer up. Building in some kind of transfer system between them when installed on the same 3DS from the ground up probably just wasn't worth the trouble with how little it'd be used.

Cyclone

^ where it all began
Morning all

I have yellow & Silver on the same DS I want to have some highly decorated Pokemon who have won all the leagues they can.

Is it possible to use transporter to get them over to Silver?

I live in Los Angeles, and have the Pokemon Yellow & Blue virtual consoles downloaded on my 3DS. I am looking to download Crystal too, but really hoping I can meet someone in my area that we could do a few trades with, to get things like Scizor, Kingdra, and maybe some of the Kanto starters / legendaries into the Gen II console games. I'd really love the ability to breed for a shiny Charmander in Crystal version (using the Red Gyarados as the father, so that all hatched 12.5% female Charmanders have a 1/64 chance of being shiny)

If anyone is in the Los Angeles area, and willing to meet up (6 feet apart of course lol) I'd be down to do some trades. Message me.