• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A question regarding a private chat site...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega Matt

Charagon
I wanted to make sure this was ok before I did anything. I am in a club and want a private chat for the club members and myself. I found one, but will NOT invite anyone if it is against the rules. I hope my asking wasn't a mistake. Thank you for your time.

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
Many guilds on Serebii use private chat such as xat so I am sure clubs can too but I believe you can't post the xat link in your sig or in the club section and you cannot discuss xat related stuff on the forum such as arguments on it.

Omega Matt

Charagon
Can I openly invite club members on the club thread?

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
Unfortunately I don't think you can but i am not 100% sure since I am not in a club maybe one of the mods can correct me on that. I am pretty sure you can pm them as long as your not advertising and the chat is for the club

Omega Matt

Charagon
Thank you for your time. I will PM the invites and advertise nothing. Should a mod say no, then I will stop immediately and not pursue the matter.

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
I found the rule now for you this should clear it up for you

12. Do not post your guilds / xats around the forum.

Per the Serebii.net rules on Advertising, you can not post or send unsolicited PM's/VM's regarding your individual Guild Chats and websites around the forums (which means posting them in threads unrelated to the guild sections or posting them on the profiles of members not a part of the guild trying to get them to join). This also includes including them in your front posts. You can however leave a link in your signature leading to them. It's advisable that you keep what happens on your chat out of your guild threads to avoid potential arguments as well however though the chances of you being infracted for that depends on the discussion (which is still usbjected to standard Serebii.net rules).

main bit in bold which means you can have it in your sig even tho this is taken from the guilds seaction I am sure it be the same as the clubs. If you are still worried about it I suggest messaging Vampiratemace who is a mod in the clubs section but she also answers questions here too http://www.serebiiforums.com/member.php?18997-VampirateMace

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Hello,
Naoto Shirogane that rule pertains to guilds, but clubs are similar.

Yes, you can have links to your chat in the club thread, as well as in your sig, but posting it anywhere else is advertising. PMs are permissible as a one-time PM to current club members, or if they ask you for the link (same for VMs on the latter).

It would be best to leave chat stuff in the chatroom. The reasoning being, if there is an argument/problem in the chatroom (or about what happened in the chatroom), it is not Serebii's mods jurisdiction, so you need to handle it outside of Serebii (with the chat site's staff if necessary).

Status
Not open for further replies.