• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Race for Home (856)

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Freaking Cheese Thieves.

This episode made me wish Team Rocket were better at battling. Only once was TR could at battling and that was when Jessie beat Ash. Than again if Ash and friends did not cheat in battles maybe Team Rocket could pull a few wins.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
She beat Pidove in BW ep 2.

Sure it was kinda cheap win but still a victory.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
A didn't expect to enjoy this episode as much as I did but it turned out that there would be a lot of development for Serena and that's fantastic.

Grace really is a great mum. Not only did she try to provide a career path for Serena when she kept giving up but she knew it would push her to find the dream of her own. I also loved how Serena finally found the way to stand up for her dream and hopefully she will push on from here and become a great Pokémon Performer.

Quick mention for the Skiddo pronunciation, I think I might prefer it this way. Makes the name fun to say :)

Great episode, onto the next one!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I loved this episode. Serena ramming Team Rocket off the road on a Rhyhorn was awesome!

And I loved how Grace chose to ride Skiddo because they can sense emotion.

But really..... Skiddo's name is pronounced so weird......

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I rather enjoyed this episode more than I anticipated. Great development for Serena, and thus, she's growing to be one of my favorite characters.

Bonnie calling Clemont a little kid reminded me of Iris calling Ash a kid... oh the joy in that overused gag.

Gillachu

Banned
Lol at TR stealing cheese of all things. They're not even trying anymore. Serena Skiddo racing was worth a few chuckles. :cool:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Pretty good episode, I'm glad Serena got to show how much she's really grown as a person and trainer since she first started her journey, especially when she pushed extra hard to win the race against her mom. I liked Clemont trying to ride those pokemon too, LOL. Too bad Team Rocket didn't get away with that cheese, though, it wasn't like they stole the whole supply, and just missed non-detection by seconds.

7/10

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Look at how much of a badass Serena was in this episode: trying to ram TR's truck with Rhyhorn, being all angry when she fell off of Skiddo. She was in her element and I loved each second of it.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Aww the Skiddos at the ranch seemed so cute and I was happy to see Grace make an appearance again. Team Rocket's cheese theft was funny hee hee and I liked when Serena rode of Rhyhorn and on Skiddo as well.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Aww the Skiddos at the ranch seemed so cute and I was happy to see Grace make an appearance again.

They definitely looked cuter in this episode than they do in the games at least. I'm kinda mad that Ash didn't manage to catch a Skiddo here, though. Either he or Serena deserved one IMO. This was the perfect place.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Good episode. Serena's really grown since the past episodes of her having no goal to begin with, which is a plus for her character development. I kinda doubt her past in racing would influence her style as a performer though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The fact that Serena stood up to her mother made me happy, because it proved how much she'd grown since she first began her quest. The actual Meecle race itself was fun as well, even though this episode served no other purpose in the end.

Freaking Cheese Thieves.

This episode made me wish Team Rocket were better at battling. Only once was TR could at battling and that was when Jessie beat Ash. Than again if Ash and friends did not cheat in battles maybe Team Rocket could pull a few wins.

When has Ash ever cheated at battling Team Rocket? If anything, they're the ones who cheat with their giant robots.

RafaSceptile

I know right lol! XY did a great job in that regard!
XY did a pretty good job when they actually addressed Serena's own problems like in this episode, if only the execution of Showcases were half as good as Contests or some of the Serena focused episodes after this episode were not just Amourshipping bait, my opinion about her would have been a lot better.