• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Rainy day in His Empire--An Ubers RMT

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
Hey everyone, I haven't done a RMT in a while and I thought about doing something else for a change, and so I made an Uber team. I did some research about what a good Uber team needs and what the main threats were and so I've come up with this team. I really can't bother doing a teambuilding process, so I'll go straight to the team.

Da Team:
th_493Arceus_Steel_Dream.png

Arceus (Arceus-Steel) @ Iron Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Roar
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Recover

Almost every Uber team has an Arceus, and so does mine. I chose for Steel Arceus because it checks ExtremeKiller Arceus and can come in on a lot of Draco Meteors and Outrages which are obviously spammed a lot in Ubers. Steel Judgment isn't really that good offensively, but no pokes are immune to it and that's the most important thing. Will-o-wisp lets me beat Extremekiller as I can come in on a swords dance or +2 ExtremeSpeed and then outspeed and cripple with will-o-wisp as the foe goes for the KO with Earthquake. Calm Mind lets me take special attacks better and thus goes well with will-o-wisp. Recover is reliable recovery. Oh, and this pokemon is one of the very few special pokes who can beat the pink blobs. Just wanted to say that.

I changed to a support set with Stealth rock to provide rocks. Arceus has an easier time getting up rocks than Excadrill, because of its higher defenses. Roar is to phaze Calm mind setters, and walls hate toxic. I have yet to see taunt being used in Ubers, so that isn't much of a problem.

249.gif

Lugia @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Roost
- Substitute
- Whirlwind
- Ice Beam

The Great Wall is here to take on almost all attacks thrown around in Ubers. Lugia can basically take any unboosted attack and phaze the foe out or stall it out with the combination of substitute and roost. Ice beam so I'm not taunt bait and Whirlwind over dragon tail because it passes through subs. I chose Pressure over Multiscale because it helps me stall out attacks much more easily. Extremespeeds, Stone edges and other 5 pp attacks can all be stalled out. I might change to Multiscale, though, so please give your opinion about this if you rate this.

I changed to Multiscale because with it Lugia can switch into even +2 Arceus, most smashpassers, and things like Calm mind Arceus and Calm Mind Latias.

530.gif

Excadrill (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 176 HP / 60 Atk / 248 SDef / 24 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide

I know this is another steel type. I initially had a Tentacruel here, but although it could absorb toxic spikes and had nice defenses and scald, it just didn't work. It just couldn't switch into any attacks and in the rare cases that it could, Kyogre was almost always a better switch in. Excadrill can also spin and isn't helpless offensively either, but the main reason I chose him is because he can switch into Zekrom and Electric Arceus, who give my team troubles, rather easily. Stealth Rock is chosen to help my team with Ho-oh and other things weak to flying. Earhquake being my only attack seems like a bad choice, but because of Mold Breaker I can still hit Giratina-O and the Latis. Ev's are to outspeed base 90's with 4 speed ev's such as Groudon and Zekrom. The rest gives me more bulk and gives me some attacking power.

As I now have SR on Arceus, I gave Excadrill Rock slide to kill Ho-oh and stuff.

382.gif

Kyogre @ Lum Berry
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

A weather changer is seen on nearly any Uber team, and so also on mine. I did not go for the revenge killing set or the raw power set with their respective choice items, but rather for a set that can lure in Kyogres main counters and hit them with thunder wave on the switch. My main targets are Latias, Palkia and Zekrom, who all hate paralysis. The other attacks are for coverage and really pack a punch too. I carry lum berry for a one-time switch in to toxic spikes, but mostly to counter Darkrai. It really helps me out sometimes. Not much to say on this one, so lets go to the next team member.

380.gif

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SAtk / 192 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Thunder

Soul dew makes Latias incredibly bulky on the special side and Latias forms my main defensive core together with Lugia and Arceus. I got the set somewhere from smogon, and it really works well. The moves are mostly logical, Calm mind to get even more bulky and also get more powerful. Dragon pulse is the obligatory STAB move and hits everything that doesn't resist it incredibly hard after at +1. Roost is used to regain health, which is necessary because latias doesn't have leftovers. Thunder beats Kyogre and more importantly Lugia and Ho-oh. I realise I'm helpless against Ferrothorn, but I think other members can deal with him. Oh, and the ev's are to outspeed max speed Garchomp. Between that and other base 110, the only poke seen in Ubers that I miss out on outspeeding with this set is Terrakion, which mostly carries a scarf in Ubers anyway. Lugia, another base 110, doesn't invest in speed so I still outspeed, so the only notable other threats I miss out on are other Latis, but I prefer more bulk and power over a speed tie with those two.

639.gif

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Sleep Talk
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor

My last member on the team is a revenge killer. Terrakion revenge kills ExtremeKiller (yes I'm really afraid of him), Darkrai, Deoxys all forms, Dialga some sets, Mewtwo, and a lot more. The speed is really important, as I lack speed on my other pokes, and Terrakion does his job well. Moves are obvious, CC and SE for STABs, X-scissor for psychics, and Sacred Sword is filler but kills Bulk up Dialga.

Thanks to SASHA the master, I changed Sacred Sword to Sleep Talk, as Darkrai was giving my team huge problems. I can switch into Darkrai on any move apart from Focus Blast, and either get an attack boost from Dark Pulse, or go to sleep, activate the sleep clause, and still be a threat to Darkrai with Sleep Talk, which has a 66% chance of chosing a move that's super effective against it.

So, that was it. Some threats I have seen are Arceus-Electric and Arceus-Ghost. Ferrothorn also walls a lot, but due to it not having reliable recovery, it goes down eventually. I am considering changing my Arceus form as there are so many awesome Arceus formes, but Steel does his job well, so it'll stay for a while.

If you have any suggestions, please post them. Thanks for reading!

Arceus (Arceus-Steel) @ Iron Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Roar
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Recover

Lugia @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Roost
- Substitute
- Whirlwind
- Ice Beam

Excadrill (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 176 HP / 60 Atk / 248 SDef / 24 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide

Kyogre @ Lum Berry
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SAtk / 192 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Thunder

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Sleep Talk
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor

Last edited:

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
Bumping this. I'd really appreciate any advice, guys. Small moveset changes, Ev changes, anything. I don't care if you're not really experienced in Ubers, because I'm also not experienced, as this is only my second Uber team (and the first one absolutely sucked ;))

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
Hi treeckotrainer! It's nice to see someone writing up an Ubers RMT here, we don't seem to get enough...

Anyway, you really should be using Tentacruel over Excadrill as it really is better in the rain as a spinner and as a hazard setter as well as Tspikes absorber. You could also change Lugia from to a Giritina-A with EV's in defense. Another route you could go is to use a defensive Groudon set with Thunder Wave/Stealth Rock/Earthquake/Dragon Tail or Roar and full defensive investment. If you change to Groudon or stay with Lugia I would use Arceus-Ghost instead of Arceus-Steel since it gives you a spinblocker.

Good luck with your team!

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
Hey thanks for the rate man. I have tried tenta before, and it was really quite good, but it was kinda setup bait for special attackers. I then looked at my team and I saw only 2 members were affected by toxic spikes, of which only Kyogre really cares, and, as I mentioned, tenta couldn't really switch into any attacks. Excadill provides me with offensive pressure, and has two useful immunities which allow it to switch in more easily. Because of tenta`s advantages in rain, I will re-try it again, together with giratina in lugia`s place, as those two seem to work together well, tenta removing the toxic spikes that gira hates, and gira spinblocking the tspikes that tenta provides. In case gira doesn't work, i'll try arceus ghost over arceus steel. Thanks once again!

Rosez66

Ace trainer
Just one small thing. You have calm mind users. But I'm not sure how it is in ubers but why not but more Eva's into defense so if needs be the calm mind users can take the odd physical hit especially steel arceus which may be having to deal with earthquake.

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
Sure. I agree that especially Arceus would really appreciate more defense investment, but speed is also really important. As I can't boost speed with calm mind either, I can be revenge killed by a lot more. Because I run max speed, I, for example,outrun ExtremeKiller Arceus and before it can KO with Earthquake, I can burn him with will-o-wisp. I will think about this some more though. As you said, more defense would greatly increase Arceus's potential to take physical hits. hmmm...... I will think about it and maybe I'll try it out. Thanks for your advice!

Ryan7437

Banned
Your team seems to be shut down in Sun. Not sandstorm though. After Kyogre is gone, weather-induces come right in and sweep. I suggest this Dialga to take care of this problems (Your choice who to switch with but I recommend Excadrill) :

Dialga @ Choice Scarf/Specs
Pressure, Timid/Modest
252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
~ Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
~ Fire Blast
~ Thunder
~ Ice Beam

You can opt for Scarf or Specs it does make a difference though. Thunder gets 100% accuracy which is complimented by Kyogre, and can get now 180 BP thanks to opposing Sun.

SASHA the master

A living Legend !
hello there....nice team u got

i don't know if u want complements or no but i prefer to judge correctly

first of all i'm not judging like that...i play uber competitively since a long time ago and i can help u make this team more competitive

1st of all ....where did u use this team (since there is an importable) ?

2ndly :

i'll start pokemon by pokemon

arceus....it seems that this arceus is a stall one...i don't wanna change everything with it but can advice u that those speed's EVs can suit its deffence better and as extreme killer user i can tell u that almost every extreme killer has brick break or earthquack besides extreme speed so watch out

those EVs may be better on deffence states , and to be honest u don't need judgement or calm mind that much...roar can be very annoying to ur opponent and maybe u can try out a little surprising extreme speed...if u don't want roar u can use swords dance too

as for lugia....hmm it's a stall pokemon and as u know multiscale can be very very effective ....especially while roosting much.....so it's 100% better...especially against smashpass if u r familiar with it

also ice beam can't be very effective in an uber team from a weak special attacker like lugia so if u ask me toxic would be way better

about excadrill....hmm it doesn't fit a rain team....but it can be verry effective in a sand one...so u may prefer using ferrothorn to counter palkia,latias....or forretress aswell as a lead if u need to spin...i have personaly used both and reached rank #1 multiple times using them

ur latias is almost perfectjust a little suggestion ...maybe + s.def is better than speed for the nature here
and finally for ur terrakion i really think u don't need sacred sword since u have close combat...maybe u should try out earthquack
maybe thosr r little too much modifications but trust me all in all it's way better now...
Hope i helped u and good luck with the ladder

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
@ryan I am willing to try out that set, but not over excadrill. Hazard control is really important in ubers so I need a spinner.

@sasha
I battle on po, so thats where i got the importable from.
I have been experimenting with a fully defensive steel arceus with 252 evs in hp and defense. He can now take earthquakes rather well. The moves I'm running are recover, roar, toxic and stealth rock. Excadrill has rock slide over sr. I have yet to see a taunter, so that`s not a problem. For the same reason, I'm going to try toxic>ice beam on lugia. Ice beam is useful for getting rid of rayquaza, garchomp and salamence though. Oh, and I have changed to multiscale already. Need to update the OP.....

Anyway thanks for the advice, both of you. I will update the op with some changes soon.

EDIT: oh and does anyone know a good darkrai counter for my team? I struggle with it a lot as i don`t really have a status absorber.

Last edited:

SASHA the master

A living Legend !
yes i do....but this is really a high level counter....all u have to do is replace x scissor on terrakion with sleep talk...this way u can destroy it easily...plus if u get hit with a dark attack from it ur attack will raise + 1
and u don't need x-scissor anyway

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
Thank you I'll replace sacred sword with sleep talk. Sacred sword was a filler anyways. I need x-scissor for psychics such as mewtwo and latias. Stupid I didn't think of that before....

And btw I will update the op right now. all changes will be in bold

Rosez66

Ace trainer
On lugia I don't really see what mulitscale is achieving that it couldn't do normal. The mass defence investment should be more then enough to stall out arceus extremespeed and other setter uppers surely? Bar calm mind pokemon. And plus most moves used in ubers has relatively low PP so I would consider to changing it back to pressure.

SASHA the master

A living Legend !
On lugia I don't really see what mulitscale is achieving that it couldn't do normal. The mass defence investment should be more then enough to stall out arceus extremespeed and other setter uppers surely? Bar calm mind pokemon. And plus most moves used in ubers has relatively low PP so I would consider to changing it back to pressure.

r u serious ? Pressure >multiscale ?
That's like telling a baby quick attack is better than extreme speed...that doesn't even make sens
I AM A COMPETITIVE PLAYER AND I KNOW WHAT I"M SAYING !!
lol this is a really easy decision god damn it

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
r u serious ? Pressure >multiscale ?
That's like telling a baby quick attack is better than extreme speed...that doesn't even make sens
I AM A COMPETITIVE PLAYER AND I KNOW WHAT I"M SAYING !!
lol this is a really easy decision god damn it

that's not completely true Pressure really can be good on stall teams especially. Arceus normal only has 4 extremespeeds, Fire Blast can be stalled out easily, and Stone edge can also be stalled out, allowing Lugia to beat Groudon, which is quite impressive. It works better with Substitute, though. So, Pressure is not always inferior to Multiscale, in fact a lot of Lugia run Pressure.

SASHA the master

A living Legend !
that's not completely true Pressure really can be good on stall teams especially. Arceus normal only has 4 extremespeeds, Fire Blast can be stalled out easily, and Stone edge can also be stalled out, allowing Lugia to beat Groudon, which is quite impressive. It works better with Substitute, though. So, Pressure is not always inferior to Multiscale, in fact a lot of Lugia run Pressure.

whatever u want....PS : extreme speed has 8 pps
and no one uses fireblast on lugia lol
and with pressure i could finish all lugias at +2 dialga....so meh

Atrocious

Multiscale works well in the same way Multiscale Shuffler Dragonite works. Basically para, set up sub and roost to full HP with Sub up and bam let it proceed. Lugia actually has a decent speed stat for Ubers that allows it to use it effectively. IMO my vote is for Multiscale > Pressure.

SASHA the master

A living Legend !
multiscale works well in the same way multiscale shuffler dragonite works. Basically para, set up sub and roost to full hp with sub up and bam let it proceed. Lugia actually has a decent speed stat for ubers that allows it to use it effectively. Imo my vote is for multiscale > pressure.
thank u !!

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
I`m not saying pressure is better than multiscale, I`m just saying Pressure is not thrash. I know extremespeed has 8 pp, but if you run pressure, arceus can only use it 4 times. Plus i was talking about fire blasts being used against lugia.

I think both abilities are useful. If someone wants to try to convince me one is definitly better than the other, please do so. But don`t say one of the two is thrash and should never be used because that isn`t true.

Rosez66

Ace trainer
I isnt realise it was so bad a suggestion just from what I have seen and heard about pressure is more useful, however in this case it clearly isn't. And I'm sorry I was just throwing it out there that was all I'm really sorry, but lugia, if you maintain it's HP can take a few hits just like with mulitscale, you just might need to ensure that the HP is a priority, also with stealth rock, mulitscale will be broken anyway

Atrocious

For example, just example, say Groudon is at +2 against full HP Lugia. Groudon will proceed to SE, now as I said this is example as dont really want to do calcs, but Pressure does nothing to avoid this OHKO while Multiscale allows you to avoid this and phaze it away from sweeping away your team. Regardless they both have their merits so it's all up to you.