• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Rawkward Team (Rain and Awkward)

Tehero

Like A Boss
Ello everyone, this is my first singles RMT for my new rain team that has some very uncommon pokes in it (at least uncommon to the OU tier): Tropius, Scolipede, and Lapras. Tropius is the pokemon this team was built around since I found out recently about its fantastic sub - seed set. Scolipede is to add a twist for a hazrd set up poke instead of the normal ones you see in OU (Forretress, Ferrothorn, etc), and Lapras just fit perfectly with this team; being an amazing set up sweeper in the rain. So without further ado, here's the team.
186.png
357.png
573.png
131.png
134.png
195.png

357.png

So I obviously started with Tropius with the amazing Sub-Seed combo. With Harvest, it makes it an extremely good pokemon (especially with a Sitrus berry)

357.png
131.png

Lapras and Tropius form a perfect combo. Lapras can take the fire, ice, and flying attacks headed for Tropius, while Tropius can take the grass and fighting attacks headed for Lapras. They form my core and cover each others weaknesses.

357.png
131.png
573.png

Scolipede is here to be my hazard set up. He has Toxic Spikes and Spikes, making for a gruesome combo. His speed lets his outspeed a lot of his threats and equipped with a Focus sash he almost always gets two layers of TS up. Hazards pave the way for Tropius and makes his stalling go a little bit faster.

357.png
131.png
573.png
186.png

Politoed, being a pain in the butt since BW DW. Drizzle makes the rain come out and almost eliminates my fire weakness, letting Trophius and Scolipede set up easier. It also can handle most Rock types with a powerful rain boosted Scald.

357.png
131.png
573.png
186.png
134.png

Vaporeon gave me another Hydration user and dimished my Rock weakness a little bit more. I added Toxic to it in case it needs to stall and my hazards get swept away by a Rapid Spinner.

357.png
131.png
573.png
186.png
134.png
195.png

Quagsire is here to cover my electric weakness and to take care of set up sweepers with its amazing ability Unaware. Its grass weakness is covered by Tropius and Scolipede.
And now for the team in depth....
politoed.jpg

Politoed (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd 6 HP
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Scald
- Protect
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Politoed is normally NOT my lead, but in team preview everyone always assumes that it is (start off the weather). Politoed is one key factor to this team, but not the only one. I decided to run an offensive set (as the Evs show) Leftovers is for some form of recovery, while protect is to let me recover one extra turn. Scald is a powerful STAB move under the rain the 2OKs almost everything that doesnt resist it. Focus Blast is for the Ferrothron switch in that normally occurs. Ice Beam is to handle other pesky Grass types that could do some damage to my team. I'm thinking of replacing Leftovers with a Focus Sash to hang on at least one turn and guarantee an attack, but the other option is to replace it with Life orb to boost my attack even higher and cause MASSIVE damage.

tropius.jpg

Tropius (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Air Slash

Tropius is the star of the team, the one who this team was originally made for. Sitrus Berry and Harvest are an annoying combo, letting Tropius have another form of recovery along with Leech Seed. the Evs are there to maximize bulk and allow Tropius to become a powerful wall. Substitute and Leech Seed obviously form the combo Sub - Seed which allows me to stall out my opponents. Protect is to stall Leech Seed out and Stall Harvest out. Air Slash is for a powerful STAB move that rids the other team of fighting types and grass types with ease.

scolipede.jpg

Scolipede (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Megahorn
- Earthquake

Scolipede is my hazard setter. It does this with ease thanks to its high speed and its access to Toxic Spikes and Spikes. The Focus Sash allows it to set up two layers of TS at the minimum against anything it outspeeds. Swarm makes for a powerful STAB Megahorn when equipped with Focus sash. the Evs are there to maximize his attack and speed in case he ever gets the chance to use Megahorn. His moves are pretty easy to understand. The two forms of spikes to obviously set up hazards, Megahorn for a powerful STAB and earthquake for type coverage.

lapras.jpg

Lapras (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Rest
- Waterfall
- Ice Shard

Lapras is one of my favorite pokemon under the rain. It has better bulk then Vaporeon and still has access to HydraRest combo. Leftovers gives it another form of recovery while the Evs are there to maximize his tanking. He is am AMAZING counter to common threats such as paraflinch rachi, gliscor, and Dragonite. Dragon Dance lets him set up right in their faces and then sweep the team with Waterfall and Ice Shard.

vaporeon.jpg

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Rest

Vaporeon is like a stall version of Lapras. It easily stalls out things with toxic and the HydraRest combo. Leftovers is for another form of recovery while the EVs are to maximize bulk. Scald is for a powerful STAB move under the rain and puts a dent in almost everything. Toxic is incase my Toxic Spikes get blown away. Protect allows me to stall and Rest forms the HydraRest combo.

quagsire.jpg

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Encore
- Recover

Quagsire allows me to take care of pokemon that try to set up with its amazing ability in Unaware. Its EVs are to maximize bulk and its Ground typing covers my electricity weakness. Earthquake and Waterfall are for powerful STAB moves that cause massive damage. Encore is to bug and pester my enemies while Recover and Leftovers allow me to gain health back with ease.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated, Im completely willing to change pokemon if that would make the team stronger.

Secondari

1: StealthRocks could help a lot since a lot of things either have levitate or a flying type in the OU metagame. Also, after scolipede is down for the count, your whole team is weak to the grass type or hp grass although it isn't as common. Scarf/Banded terrakion could also do a lot of work on your team if it gets a safe switch in once Quagsire is down for the count since Quagsire is the main physical wall.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
vaporeon is begging for bold nature with max defense, not that special defense nightmare you're using. why is scolipede timid? he should be jolly, because otherwise you're just crippling his attack. and if i had a nickel for every offensive politoed i saw fail, i'd be a millionaire.

EDIT: and in response to the above post, you should know that stealth rocks do not do double damage to pokemon with levitate. it's based purely on how the pokemon's type matches up against the attacking type rock.

jeffdavid102

TSS Forever
vaporeon is begging for bold nature with max defense, not that special defense nightmare you're using. why is scolipede timid? he should be jolly, because otherwise you're just crippling his attack. and if i had a nickel for every offensive politoed i saw fail, i'd be a millionaire.

EDIT: and in response to the above post, you should know that stealth rocks do not do double damage to pokemon with levitate. it's based purely on how the pokemon's type matches up against the attacking type rock.
I think he means that SR is the only hazard that hits levitate and flying mons

Soperman

The One and Only
He-looooooo
I generally find that the best offensive Politoed set (for me anyway) is a Choice Specs set with Max Hp and Sp. Atk EVs, as well as Hidden Power Grass over Protect for coverage.
You may want the Lum Berry on Tropius to prevent annoying Poisoning or Burning that ruins your stall. Otherwise, looks good.
if you are going to run an offensive Lapras, give it maximum Speed. If you want Bulk, go for maximum Hp. Just giving it a bunch of EVs in Defense isn't going to help at all, trust me.
My friend once used a really frustrating set with maximum Sp. Def Evs and Acid Armor, allowing him to get to +6 and healing with ease. It became the ultimate staller in the rain, becoming almost unbeatable.
Remember, Quagsire is basically your only check against Electric types, so be careful with it. It's a bit unorthodox, but if it works, it works.
Hope this helps!

Usatoday

Eternal God
Hi tehero :) anyways you had me all excited yo because you used awkward like rawkard like my hombre scooby check it chizz anyways you have an awesome team yo but a tad stingy in the grass department im going to tell you this dude you are radical and original which is off the wall yo but give my man tornadus therian a try