• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Real Cleffa-Hanger! (411)

The Phantom Thief

Master Bayleef said:
So I'm guessing this is the final time Rachel Lillis provides the voice of Misty. :(

Well, she'll still be voicing Jessie but I agree with you though, I hope this isn't the last time we hear Misty's original dub voice

halloweenghost

PiPikachu said:
can anyone confirm if they kept Pikachu's voice on the title card as having seen the japanese episodes i've noticed they use Pikachu's voice after Satoshi/Ash says the episode title.

PiP

I didn't hear it...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This episode was good solely for the Misty/Max scenes, and the May/Max moments. Aw, May loves her little brother more than anything. Misty and Max have pretty good chemistry, I love the fact that they bonded about their bossy older sisters.

I think this is the first time that May's place was directly mentioned in the show, Max said she came in the top 8 in the Hoenn Grand Festival.

The ending is one of the only throwbacks to the original Kanto we'll get this season, so I hope you guys enjoyed it. Looks like Clefairy got themselves a new Moon Stone!

-=Darkness of Umbreon=-

<-winning with it
I didn't really like it, I would prefer if they had a better battle with someone else, (or even if Gary had come back) but I'm waiting for the next episode with the symbol.

S_P

Soul Trainer
I personally think the character relationships between Max and Misty developing (since there were a very select few encounters beforehand) was very nice. However, I definitely liked the care that May had, and so the sibling relationship I thought made the episode rather worthwhile.

In terms of battling, I think the first Mt. Moon episode was significantly better in terms of battle mechanics alone (size doesn't matter, counterattacks, use of digging, zubat's hate of lights, seymour, discovery, etc).

Thus the character composition I thought was much better. Max has been separated from his sister before, but not very often (I can recall one separation with Brock, but I can't remember too many other times). And so, Misty presenting a different mindset is nice, since it is another character aspect.

Also, in the dub, Max refers to his sister as May most of the time, so it doesn't have as much as a sibling feel. As opposed to the raw where Max virtually always calls his sister as ... sister lol (him saying Haruka would sound odd because her name means far, and they're supposed to be close, so far and close would seem contradictory). Of course, this separation was nothing like the Donphan separation because this one had an explosion as well as falling off a cliff (DE was "run away from trampling rolling Donphan") not to mention it was raining and they had to use a tree as shelter.

Thus I think the importance of the sibling care (it's more like re-emphasized, rather than adding something that wasn't there, because clearly it was already there). Another aspect I like about Haruka's character would be the watching over of her little brother (which doesn't occur for any character except for Brock, but this discludes travelling. Since Misty is the youngest of her siblings and Ash seems to be an only child, it doesn't occur for them. This might be another reason why the writers had May have a little brother in terms of anime storyline ... but I think Max was in the games for like 5 minutes in the beginning but I forget anyways, since roles are totally different.)

Cleffa was okay. At least they introduced it without having it being super powerful against team rocket. A Clefairy family team all using metronome with Gonbe seems much more reasonable than that single Cleffa doing the same thing alone. Solarbeam was rather boring though. Their explosion back in Kanto was more entertaining xD

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
Also, in the dub, Max refers to his sister as May most of the time, so it doesn't have as much as a sibling feel. As opposed to the raw where Max virtually always calls his sister as ... sister lol (him saying Haruka would sound odd because her name means far, and they're supposed to be close, so far and close would seem contradictory).
Actually, Japanese sibilings almost never call each other by their names. ^^

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
CyberCubed said:
The ending is one of the only throwbacks to the original Kanto we'll get this season, so I hope you guys enjoyed it.
Crap. Those throwbacks are some of the best things that could have happened in Battle Frontier. How often do they have those memories, anyway? I hope at least every ten episodes or something. Or twenty?

L

lordrock

this episode was cool except that mysty left I hope seeing her and azuril again for more attacks and new pokemons

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This was a pretty good episode. The whole Misty/Max bonding thing really made the episode. At least they both had the little sibling thing in common. May was great in this episode too, and I can really see how delaying the donphan episode came in handy. Seeing these two episodes closer together than they would have been really helped showcase how strongly May really feels about her brother. I can also see how much maturing Max has yet to do. ;)

I also found it interesting that Team Rocket attacked from cover, then turned the machine off, and then didn't say anything until the twerps confronted them. That was a bit unusual. I'm still loving the new motto too.

I liked the whole nostalgia trip with this episode too (I kept flashing back to "Macarena"). My only complaint is that I wish the moon stone had been shiny like it was in the original episode. Here, it looks like... a big old rock. :p I wish they would have had Seymour back too. LOL :D I also liked how Daisy kept wanting to just give the influx of trainers their badges. Gee, I wonder where I've heard that before?

Oh and before I forget: Team Rocket splashing and dancing... ABSOLUTELY FREAKIN' HILARIOUS!!! :D I was literally laughing till it hurt.

Overall, 9/10.

Last edited:

skarmachild

Cheer up.
The only good thing was the Trainers Choice.

I mean - have you heard a Pokémon's voice sound so cool? Luvdisc's voice is one thing I'll be missing about the dub.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
Team Rocket was really overconfident in this episode, including when Jessie messed up the plan without obviously knowing it.

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
Oh and before I forget: Team Rocket splashing and dancing... ABSOLUTELY FREAKIN' HILARIOUS!!! I was literally laughing till it hurt.

I thought it was funny too, especially when the Clefables did something like a Takeshi's Paradise. :) It's really scary seeing that Clefable calling for its kind, reminded me of Pikachu when he zapped Ash in the "Tower of Terror" episode after Ash spooked everyone out. :D

Anyways, a great episode, and neat how Munchlax learned Metronome. I know this should belong in the D/P forums, but maybe Metronome is a TM again and you can teach Munchlax that move.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
I forgot to mention something. The only thing I hated more than Team Rocket's overconfidence, was Max bragging about Ash and May losing in the Hoenn League and the Grand Festival. Sometimes I really hate Max for being so nasty towards Ash and May.

Battra

I do believe the gang is taking the almost exact same route Ash, Misty and Brock took when the first started their journey near Mt. Moon. I really liked the Mist and Max parts very touching. I also noticed that Ash happened to be carrying Misty's pack, I wonder if Misty properly thanked him for returning it.