• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Real Cleffa-Hanger! (411)

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
it was a decent episode in my opinion, just like igottapoo mentioned it's simulair like the moon episode from the first season.

Littlemyuu

i agree with Igottapoo and S.i.e
it looked alot like the Mt.moon episode...but it was nice to watch

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Reminded me of that Johto Cleffa episode.

It was Fillerish. I didn't think they'd included Mt. Moon in Kanto again and I was upset that they did.

Misty's final appearance ;_;

4/10

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Too bad that Misty left.

I think that Cleffa was very cute, that's all.

5/10

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
This was pretty stupid. I don't know why the writers did that. Make her show up then go back the complete opposite way for one episode. Not even a full day, then never to be shown again. :slap in the face:

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Cleffa again. Cleffa is so cute! It was cool to finally see that Munchlax knows Solarbeam. It was cool to Misty's sisters and Brock's brothers again. It was cool to see Azurill use Refresh for the 1st time. It was cool to see Metronome used again, this time by Munchlax.

32/100

Blessed

I was so bummed back at the beginning of Battle Frontier because Misty left literally right before Lucario and the Mystery of Mew was released in Japanese theaters. Had she stayed even 1 episode longer, she would've had to be in it... Anyway I liked this episode it was cute how everyone was sitting eating dinner together & how Misty gave advice to Max when they were separated. Helping him seeing things in a better perspective of his sister May. I also liked how Misty helped the gang by telling azurill to use bubble attack therefore destroying team rockets balloon way to go! :) & then once they reunited they all watched the cleffa & clefairy dance through the night. I also LOVE how Ash was carrying Misty's spheal bag once he found her.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I was so bummed back at the beginning of Battle Frontier because Misty left literally right before Lucario and the Mystery of Mew was released in Japanese theaters. Had she stayed even 1 episode longer, she would've had to be in it...

I doubt it. Movies usually only have the cast of whomever the saga is for, which is why you never see say Gary or Paul in any of the movies in a role.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Gary and Paul weren't main characters MISTY was.

Why would Misty be in an AG movie when she wasn't a main character of this series? Of course she wouldn't be in the Lucario movie even if she traveled with the group for another 10 episodes.

Blessed

But it would be weird because after cleffa hanger is the lucario movie released and lets say if Misty didnt leave yet and she stayed for like 3 eps more and she was still with the group how can they not show her YET SHE WILL BE in the episodes AFTER cleffa hanger? this would confuse people. Because Lucario movie follows right after cleffa hanger.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
But it would be weird because after cleffa hanger is the lucario movie released and lets say if Misty didnt leave yet and she stayed for like 3 eps more and she was still with the group how can they not show her YET SHE WILL BE in the episodes AFTER cleffa hanger? this would confuse people. Because Lucario movie follows right after cleffa hanger.

The movies are worked on a year in advance. They already knew they were keeping the Hoenn group the same when Battle Frontier started, there was no reason to put Misty in the movie if she wasn't returning to the cast.

The reason the Mastermind special did it is because it was a 10th anniversary special, so it made sense to have Misty there.

The Cleffa were really cute, and seeing Misty in this episode was nice. It was sad that she left the group again after this episode. And Max saying "many things run away from May's scary face" was awesome! Azurill's Refresh helping Pikachu was cute! And Misty being afraid of the Beedrill remains great. Seeing Metronome again is also nice, I love that attack! And seeing the Moon Dance was nice! 10/10.

Blessed

It would have been nice if Misty could join the BF at least. To tie some loose ends in her story. This episode was so nice but it would have been even better if it was a misty/may one.
The Cleffa were really cute, and seeing Misty in this episode was nice. It was sad that she left the group again after this episode. And Max saying "many things run away from May's scary face" was awesome! Azurill's Refresh helping Pikachu was cute! And Misty being afraid of the Beedrill remains great. Seeing Metronome again is also nice, I love that attack! And seeing the Moon Dance was nice! 10/10.

IKR! It was just so nice having her though, she just belongs there.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I remember when this episode was coming out in Japan way back in 2005. At the time everyone noticed how lackluster the goodbye was, (at least compared to the others), Misty just turns around from Ash's group and they all start walking in opposite directions. There was no waving goodbye this time (like back in the Mirage kingdom eps), and everyone just walked off.

Of course back in 2005 we didn't know that this would be the final time Misty would appear in an episode for the next 6 years and counting. I wonder if the writers knew at the time that this would be Misty's final episode for the next two generations? I'm guessing not, as at this point they probably weren't even thinking about DP yet.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
She came back in 2006 for the special.

But that was a 10th anniversary special, so it was expected. In terms of regular episode appearances, she flat-out stopped appearing after this episode.

As I said, I wonder if back in 2005 the writers knew this would be her last episode for the next 6 years. Did the writers even know about Dawn at this point? I am not even sure, as Battle Frontier was just starting.

It wasn't exactly a grand sendoff, it felt more like a Max episode than a Misty one, honestly.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
They had started making new Pokemon and then they was thinking of who to use for the Sinnoh saga. If they hadn't trolled us with Paul being on the poster instead of Brock, then it would have been even better.

But as far as this episode was, it was boring. You have Brock, Max and Misty all doing really nothing but Ash and May was doing all the work. So something had to be done.

Blessed

They had started making new Pokemon and then they was thinking of who to use for the Sinnoh saga. If they hadn't trolled us with Paul being on the poster instead of Brock, then it would have been even better.

But as far as this episode was, it was boring. You have Brock, Max and Misty all doing really nothing but Ash and May was doing all the work.

UMM, May didn't do anything in this episode so you saying that her & Ash had a big role here is absolutely crazy given how she wasn't the one who got lost. IT WAS MISTY & MAX.