• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Real Icebreaker! (925)

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Ash never fights anyone the same way twice, they switch up their game just as he does.

Exactly! This is why I get upset when people say Paul would've won the league battle with his Lake Acuity team

Okay, right off the bat, we get the usual vs screen unlike the first match. For the people who thought it was an error, this was done on purpose. It was to show that Ash’s mental state wasn’t there. He wasn’t fighting for a Gym Badge the first time, he was fighting for his pride. He didn’t even wait until Wulfric sent out his Pokémon, this time he did

Was the first Wulfric battle the first time Ash ever sent out his Pokémon before the gym leader?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
A good battle showing that Ash was able to perform better in the Gym battle by making better use of the bond phenomenon. It was nice to see Greninja use the ice shards as ice skates and eventually overpower Mega Abomasnow although it took a heavy hit from a Wood Hammer. However it felt like it didn't make sense when it got hit by a 4x super effective Stone Edge but got knocked out by a 4x resisted Wood Hammer.

Leonhart

Imagineer
So we got to see Satoshi challenge Urup at the Eisetsu Gym, and I was glad to see Kachikohru and Crebase battle. Even though I wasn't fond of Satoshi-Gekkouga hogging the match with Mega Yukinooh, the animation itself was amazing.

I thought that this episode was pretty good. I liked that Ash was fully back to his normal upbeat self and it even made Wulfric more pumped up for the battle. I liked how they switched things up this time by having Abomasnow Mega Evolve too. Nice conclusion to the badge quest. I'm glad that Ash's whole team was out and they didn't have alot of Greninja-centered shots. Now we'll see the journey back to Lumiose.

One of the best battles in Mega- Abomasnow vs AG in the anime. Incredibly entertaining and fast-paced frenetic action. You don't see battles like this one anymore.

Loved the camaraderie between the gang and between Ash's Pokemon. Great in both departments.

Peluched49

I just finished rewatching all kalos gym battles

Asides from the greninja vs abomasnow battle, every other battles asides from it was underwhelming to say the least, in all this battle really didnt wrap up all things in a satisfying way.

Rankings

1. Ash vs Olympia
2. Ash vs Clemont
3. Ash vs Ramos
4. Ash vs Viola
5. Ash Vs Wulfric 2 ( the final showdown carries hard)
6. Ash vs Grant
7. Ash vs Wulfric 1
8. Ash vs Korrina
9. Ash vs Viola 1
10. Ash vs Valerie

Peluched49

Why is Ash vs Korrina so low
I think the Lucario vs Pikachu final brawl was great, however the rest of the fighting was just attack mashing, it wasnt as interesting and rushed too. Here the pattern in the gym battles became notable, ash's pokemon take down the gym leaders first two/one pokemon and the gyms leaders ace ends up taking out two of ashs pokemon leaving him with pikachu. Except that in previous gym battles, the battles before the ace fight were more strategic compared to this one. The team rocket interruption doesn't help either. Animation was superb though, my favorite moments were lucario's facial expression before he took the final thunderbolt being a good example of show dont tell and machoke charging up focus blast.