• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Real Rival Rouser! (655)

Leonhart

Imagineer
When ash sent out torterra, Reggie said ash shouldn't have done that. I never understood what he meant to this day. Can somebody please explain?

I assumed that Reiji was referring to the fact that Satoshi's Dodaitose had no super effective attacks to use against Shinji's Dorapion.

Vulpicks

Geez, Gliscor used to be so weak, and just look at him dancing around in the air now! Really satisfying to see all the training pay off. Amazing battle with some amazing art.

God, poor Torterra though... At least he landed some good blows. Rock Climb is officially a garbage move that needs to be swapped. I don't think it's ever even landed a hit on any non-Team Rocket enemy. I wish he'd just give it Earthquake, but we all know why that didn't happen.

Pikachu had a great display. I also notice that Ash and Paul really have mutual respect for each other now. Their attitudes towards each other are nothing like they're first few hostile encounters, and Paul is even complimenting Ash's strategies.

I assumed that Reiji was referring to the fact that Satoshi's Dodaitose had no super effective attacks to use against Shinji's Dorapion.
I think it was because Ash was playing super predictably and right in Paul's hands.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Vulpicks said:
I think it was because Ash was playing super predictably and right in Paul's hands.

That too, which I now realize was a downside to this match. Satoshi seemed more careless than Shinji even after knowing Shinji's battling style, which made it seem like he didn't learn from his past mistakes.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Torterra's treatment really gets on my nerves. Why did they make it lose every battle after evolving?

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Just nonstop action and crazy turnarounds + strategies; this battle is lonely at the top.

The animation this episode was obscenely good. Everything felt so fluid and dynamic. Ahhh this battle isn’t only well-written, but atmospheric and immersive to boot. It deserves all the praise it gets and then some!

Drapion KO’ing 3 Pokémon in a row was…..damn. I just know that thing and Ursaring get along. The Toxic Spikes were lethal on their own but factor in the speed and power of it and lol. That Cross Poison and slam on Staraptor was criminal, and that’s not even mentioning the way it handled Torterra. Like after Synthesis? Really? Disrespectful af o_O

This scene with Paul speaking up on Ash’s predictability and how he’s been playing 4D chess since the start w Aggron and Gastrodon was awesome. Doubly so when Ash acknowledged how good he is and that’s why he’s gonna beat him, w Paul responding in kind….I love them y’all. The greatest to ever do it

Ninjask was a surprise. Its speed was impressive even against Gliscor, but Infernape using Flare Blitz underground to get rid of Toxic Spikes was incredible. He was putting in a lot of work this ep, and that’s even before his final round w Electivire.

I absolutely love Paul having a Froslass. It suits him so well in both appearance and demeanor, and the setup with Hail and then Snow Cloak was very visually beautiful. The way it gracefully taunted Pikachu and phased through/dodged attacks like the ghost it is was really cool.

Gliscor surprising Paul and putting into practice its way of riding the wind was great. That final shot was epic as well. I enjoyed how this episode was mainly strategic battling in nature, and the pacing is perfect so far to me. Best episode of Pokémon incoming next!

Torterra NO!!!!! :(
They treated him so dirty man… the worst part of this battle