• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Real Rival Rouser! (655)

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Awesome battle going on!!! Drapion and Infernape are the big guns of Paul and Ash..... Pikachu was amazing as well... surprising that Paul had Froslass though it was real good

TheNewGuy

I think We might want to get a translator to watch the sub again on this matter, cause alot of the dialogue was confirmed to be dub "changed" text, that could've been part of the changes made.

I mean, I agree that it makes a little more sense, but at the same time, Ninjask having it's ability clipped because of it almost getting nuked by fire (which did not happen.) is also kind of hard to believe.

Doesn't matter. It was directly stated by the show, that means it's now a fact that it happened and Infernape's victory over Ninjask was not "writer hax" - it was totally legit.

Torpoleon

It did look like Ninjask took damage from Flare Blitz. Ninjask did use Giga Drain on Infernape, although I doubt Ninjask recovered all the damage. Bearing that fact in mind, I think that as strong as Infernape is, I doubt one Mach Punch from it could knock out Paul's Ninjask.

It is kind of cool how Infernape beat Ninjask because Paul caught Infernape as a Chimchar shortly after catching Ninjask.

noahk

I hated the end. Im too exited now, even though i know what happens.

Rebeccag

Epic battle so far pauls Drapion is kinda epic but Ash has managed to come back into it. Loved how Infernape got rid of the toxic spikes and I agree Pauls way of complimenting Ash during the battle was cool but kinda weird at the same time. Love how Team Rocket want Infernape to win all the time as well. Glad Pikachu got a win under its belt as well. Think its gonna be a close call whatever the outcome and I cant wait to watch it

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Torterra was extremely good but a pity it got such a powerful hit from pin missile...Ash using the field to his advantage was brilliant with Infernape

Paul sure knows how to raise real beasts of Pokemon. I'd say he'd probably be unstoppable with a team of Drapion, Torterra, Electivire, Magmortar, and Ursaring (whom I affectionately dub Murdabear). Why he didn't use Ursaring in this battle is beyond me.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I'm glad they made Drapion so strong because in the game it's a true headache to beat. I mean really. And Paul really does carry the true annoying tanks in his team doesn't he? I hate huge reckless Pokemon. In the games and in the anime. If you check my pokemon lists, I use either medium to small Pokemon.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was really cool. This 2nd 3rd part of the Ash vs Paul battle was really cool. It was cool to see Poison Spikes used for the 1st time. Staraptor and Torterra both went down very easily in this battle. Buizel lost very easily to Drapion. Drapion was really powerful in this battle, taking out so many of Ash's Pokemon. It was cool to see Torterra use Synthisis for the 1st time in a long time. Torterra went down from the Double-Super Effective Bug-Type move Pin Missle. It was cool to see Infernape use Dig and then Flare Blitz to lift and get rid of the Toxic Spikes. It was cool to see Mach Punch take down speedy Ninjask. It was cool to see Frosslass's ability Snow Cloak shown for the 1st time. Pikachu used Volt Tackle to finally take down Frosslass. Gliscor vs Drapion cliffhanger...

99/100

Wow! What an intense battle by these two long-time rivals!
I can't wait to see who wins this!

I wonder what Paul's last Pokemon is?

TheEpicGoomba

This episode was excellent like the last. Buizel was easily taken out by Drapion unfortuntly. It was a good idea to use Toxic Spikes. Staraptor and Torterra were taken out by Drapion too. It was cool to see Gliscor fight Ninjask. Too bad Gliscor got recalled due to being Poisened. Cool that Infernape took out Ninjask aswell as get rid of the Toxic Spikes. Seeing Paul own a Froslass was odd. I'd never expect him to own one. It took a while but Pikachu managed to knock it out. I hate Cliffhangers D:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Ugh, toxic spikes, I hate that move so much in the game. :p At least the intense battling of Paul and Ash made this episode exciting.

7/10

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
AWESOME EPISODE!! I always love League Battles and this is no exception - one of the best ever. Paul and Ash are absolutely on fire, the battle is so intense. Sucks to see Torterra get the short end of the stick, but amazing victory for Infernape - it's really showing Paul what he missed out on. Gliscor is absolutely amazing, I'm really hoping that it beats Drapion. Such a good moment to end the episode, a total cliffhanger.

Graham Aker

Looking back on this episode and comparing, it's amazing how much the quality of battling has been downgraded in BW. Pikachu vs Froslass was probably one of the best things about this episode.

jrizza88

Meteorite
Looking back on this episode and comparing, it's amazing how much the quality of battling has been downgraded in BW. Pikachu vs Froslass was probably one of the best things about this episode.

I have to agree that that was the best battle of this match up for this episdoe. I actually liked the epicness of this one more than Gliscor vs Drapion.

NPT

Just a member
This episode is the continuation of Ash vs. Paul battle and it was full of action. Both Pikachu and Infernape did great against Paul's Pokemon.