• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Real Rival Rouser! (655)

NPT

Just a member
Yeah, Ash and Paul's epic battle and good animation made this episode arc awsome.

Last edited:

J Ken

RAVE
Torterra didn't deserve to go down so easily here. :(

NPT

Just a member
Paul neglected his Chimchar, so it deserved to win and it did. I'm glad it defeated Paul's Ninjask as an Infernape.

NPT

Just a member
Paul's Drapion was faster than Torterra. it had a speed advantage, so it won the battle. Torterra wasn't fast enough to heal itself using Synthesis.

NPT

Just a member
Gliscor was faster than torterra and he can fly, so his win makes sense. Speed can play important roles in battles, and that's how Gliscor won the battle.

J Ken

RAVE
The main contribution was that through losing half his team that Ash knew how to avoid Gliscor losing. Also Torterra only really lost on Ash's fault of using Torterra even though he had no effective moves that could work on Drapion and because Toxic Spikes was out.

NPT

Just a member
The main contribution was that through losing half his team that Ash knew how to avoid Gliscor losing. Also Torterra only really lost on Ash's fault of using Torterra even though he had no effective moves that could work on Drapion and because Toxic Spikes was out.

Yes, that's one of the reasons why Torterra didn't get to win against Drapion.
Although I wonder how Torterra would do against Paul's other Pokemon?

Last edited:

jrizza88

Meteorite
It depends who you mean. Honestly I think he would have easily been able to handle Aggron and Gastrodon. Though I still question why Ash would have chosen Staraptor and Buizel over Torterra who had a 4x advantage against Gastrodon.

Probably because of Ice beam. I think instead of Ninjask, I wish Paul used a different pokemon that Torterra could have beaten, of course that means Ash would have recalled Torterra before Gliscor was used.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow Paul's Toxic Spikes strategy was highly effective and I didn't expect to see Drapion defeat Buizel, Staraptor and Torterra in a row. I wish Paul used Ursaring and Magmortar instead of Ninjask and Froslass tho. ^^;

Leonhart

Imagineer
This second part of the Shinji versus Satoshi Shinou League match was an improvement over the first part, in part due to Shinji's Dorapion sweeping Satoshi's Mukuhawk, Bouysel, and Dodaitose. Yukimenoko versus Pikachu was good too, but Dorapion versus Glion at the end had me at the edge of my chair.

I wish Paul used Ursaring and Magmortar instead of Ninjask and Froslass tho. ^^;

Shinji had obviously changed up his tactics for this match. He probably knew that Satoshi was expecting heavy hitters like Ringuma and Booburn, so he went with different Pokemon to catch him off guard.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I was dismayed on how Torterra was handled in this episode, just wished it could've damaged Drapion even more as it could've been easily taken out by Gliscor by the end of the episode. But no... :mad:

Alloutℯ

Banned
I know a lot of people might disagree with me here, but I thought it seemed like Ninjask presented a much bigger threat than Froslass. Although this could be due to the incredibly non-threatening voice given to Froslass.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I know a lot of people might disagree with me here, but I thought it seemed like Ninjask presented a much bigger threat than Froslass. Although this could be due to the incredibly non-threatening voice given to Froslass.

Ninjask was fast, but Froslass was stronger. Granted, I wish Paul had used Ursaring instead.

STICKTOPIA

When ash sent out torterra, Reggie said ash shouldn't have done that. I never understood what he meant to this day. Can somebody please explain?

Shayuin

Banned
I didn't find this episode as enjoyable as when I first watched it either. That's not to say that I didn't like the episode. It's always nice to see Pikachu battling at its peak performance; it's just too bad that it's going to get nerfed soon.