1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

A Real Rival Rouser! (655)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Diamond & Pearl: Sinnoh League Victors' started by Serebii, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I assumed that Reiji was referring to the fact that Satoshi's Dodaitose had no super effective attacks to use against Shinji's Dorapion.

2. Vulpicks

Vulpicks Well-Known Member

Geez, Gliscor used to be so weak, and just look at him dancing around in the air now! Really satisfying to see all the training pay off. Amazing battle with some amazing art.

God, poor Torterra though... At least he landed some good blows. Rock Climb is officially a garbage move that needs to be swapped. I don't think it's ever even landed a hit on any non-Team Rocket enemy. I wish he'd just give it Earthquake, but we all know why that didn't happen.

Pikachu had a great display. I also notice that Ash and Paul really have mutual respect for each other now. Their attitudes towards each other are nothing like they're first few hostile encounters, and Paul is even complimenting Ash's strategies.

I think it was because Ash was playing super predictably and right in Paul's hands.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

That too, which I now realize was a downside to this match. Satoshi seemed more careless than Shinji even after knowing Shinji's battling style, which made it seem like he didn't learn from his past mistakes.

4. Ignition

Ignition Champion SZN

Torterra's treatment really gets on my nerves. Why did they make it lose every battle after evolving?