• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Real Rival Rouser! (655)

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
The best battle will be between Infernape and Electivire!!!

Kabuto

little punks!
After rewatching the battle fully, The one thing I don't get is why Torterra doesn't use Overgrow like Infernape uses Blaze.

I'm guessing that powerful Drapion is Reggie's.

Last edited:

SmartD

The rival battle continues. Now Paul has the upper hand with his Drapion, but Ash makes a come back. I can't wait for the conclusion for this match.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
The battle between Ash VS Paul has gotten really intense so far. Drapion's Toxic Spikes made a real number on Ash's team, when he took down Buizel in no time flat when the episode started. Staraptor was a good choice afterwards, but Drapion was slick once it caught it by the tail and smashed the bird to the ground to add the effect from Toxic Spikes. Surprising move! Then came out to play was Torterra, didn't think that was a completely good choice, but oh well, this is Ash. Anyway, Torterra did seem like it was on a role, but with Toxic Spikes and Poison Fang, he was out of here. Three Pokemon of Ash's, already gone in one swoop.

I knew Paul had something planned, but recalling Drapion now makes me even more surprised now that he had the idea of finding out all of Ash's Pokemon. Anyways, now for Paul's Ninjask and Ash's Gliscor are up. It has been quite awhile since we saw that flashback of Paul catching Ninjask just before meeting Chimchar. And now this is one intense Pokemon, considering how fast it is and Gliscor couldn't land any of its moves on it. Recalling Gliscor, Infernape came back out. Now what got me here was how Ash had a plan of his own to make. Using Dig and then unleashing Flare Blitz to fire up the stage and relieve it of the Toxic Spikes effect! Did not predict that, but that is truly amazing.

It's so odd of Paul to have Ninjask use Giga Drain on Infernape, but at least it started to move slower and a good Mach Punch did the trick after concentrating. Another win for Ash~

Interesting choice, 'cause now the next Pokemon is Froslass. This was all Pikachu, but this was make the intensity increase. Hail + Froslass's Ability Snow Cloak, it made it both difficult to attack and very scary! Of course, Froslass is a Ghost type after all. This kind of Froslass just kept me thinking of the Ghost spirit, Yukiona, especially since Froslass was originated from her. She represented her very well than the Froslass from DP116. It was awesome of Pikachu to use Volt Tackle to break from the frozen state after Ice Beam, and to charge at Froslass to defeat it.

Then lastly for todays episode, Drapion returns and so does Gliscor. Gliscor looked like it had the upper hand and I was glad to see that. Stone Edge + Pin Missle making a huge foggy sight made a good chance for Gliscor to strike with Giga Impact. And boy did that lay damage. He is just on a roll so far! Just a shame it had to end already, once they both attacked each other with Pin Missle and X-Scissor to end the episode for now.

I really didn't want this episode to end yet, but it makes a dramatic cliffhanger for who will emerge victorious in this battle. I tell ya, these first two episodes of Ash VS Paul have been the out most intense. I can barely wait for Part 3 next week.

Torpoleon

I really liked episode. Paul's Drapion is really strong, being able to knock out three of Ash's Pokémon seemingly easily, although that was another lose for Torterra. Anyways, Infernape gets his second win and Pikachu gets his first win. So far, Paul has used some interesting Pokémon! I wonder what will happen to Gliscor who has, as a matter of fact, gotten a lot stronger!!
10/10

Dattebayo

Banned
What's with the writers' hate on Ash's Torterra? Are they purposely trying to show how useless it is in the games? I do wonder what Paul's last pokemon will be: Electivire, Magmortar, Ursaring, Honchkrow, Weavile, or his Torterra? Only thing one thing to find out once his Drapion is down. Ash really should've taught Torterra or Gliscor a STAB ground type move to get rid of that Drapion quickly.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Even in English, this episode is awesome.

I found it odd but cool how Paul knows when to compliment his rival. Like when Infernape did Underground Blitz and Gliscor's Stone Edge.

And yeah... Staraptor not getting a win here makes sense. It beat Honchkrow in the Pokeringer match, it beat Paul's Weavile (after taking a stone edge from torterra and a SD'd attack from weavile), and it got a win in the SL against Nando's Roserade.

Torterra has lost every battle since evolving. Another thing.... why didn't Ash use the whole Energy Ball Upgrade again?

If the writers wanted to give Ash's Torterra more speed, they should have given it Rock Polish instead of Rock Climb.

Torpoleon

Earth Quake for Torterra would have helped against Paul's Drapion, but wasn't there a banned episode because of Earth Quake?

Anyways, I forgot to mention that it was annoying when Dawn/Brock/Barry/Reggie/Team Rocket/Cynthia were talking about almost everything that was going on in the episode, but I still liked the episode.

Torterra probably could have broken free of Drapion's grip with Energy Ball and/or Leaf Storm.

Simply glorious after waiting for two weeks and the final climax will be finished next week. I've enjoyed our Shinji and Satoshi rivalry over the past 4 years. And weren't there any edits taken out of the BGM?

TheNewGuy

Cool, just watched this.

Finally we can settle the whole "Ninjask/Infernape" debate. Infernape DIDN'T OHKO Ninjask with Mach Punch - it was directly stated that Ninjask took damage from underground Flare Blitz. I thought Ninjask losing to Mach Punch was a bit ridiculous, and so it proved.

Bit miffed with some of the musical changes, but it was to be expected. Hold My Breath during Torterra/Drapion was awesome, but absent here. Search for Latios when Gliscor escaped Drapion after Giga Impact was awesome, but absent here - in fact, there wasn't even a musical change at all, which was a bit of a shame. Music (the title of which escapes me) during Infernape/Ninjask was awesome, but absent here. It's disappointing, but there we go. They kept the Flygon music for Gliscor/Ninjask though and IIRC that gets used again, which is promising.

It's still not ruined the fight, fortunately - music in the other dubbed fights has been poor as well, so provided they don't mess with the third part too much, it'll still be the best battle of all time, as it was in Japanese.

Next week will be the true test. There's a certain superbly-placed bit of music towards the end of the battle that makes the episode. Even if it isn't used, I hope they come up with a viable alternative - and not the generic song that played during Infernape's activation of Blaze vs. Volkner. You know, the one that opens with the drum beat.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Cool, just watched this.

Finally we can settle the whole "Ninjask/Infernape" debate. Infernape DIDN'T OHKO Ninjask with Mach Punch - it was directly stated that Ninjask took damage from underground Flare Blitz. I thought Ninjask losing to Mach Punch was a bit ridiculous, and so it proved.

Bit miffed with some of the musical changes, but it was to be expected. Hold My Breath during Torterra/Drapion was awesome, but absent here. Search for Latios when Gliscor escaped Drapion after Giga Impact was awesome, but absent here - in fact, there wasn't even a musical change at all, which was a bit of a shame. Music (the title of which escapes me) during Infernape/Ninjask was awesome, but absent here. It's disappointing, but there we go. They kept the Flygon music for Gliscor/Ninjask though and IIRC that gets used again, which is promising.

It's still not ruined the fight, fortunately - music in the other dubbed fights has been poor as well, so provided they don't mess with the third part too much, it'll still be the best battle of all time, as it was in Japanese.

Next week will be the true test. There's a certain superbly-placed bit of music towards the end of the battle that makes the episode. Even if it isn't used, I hope they come up with a viable alternative - and not the generic song that played during Infernape's activation of Blaze vs. Volkner. You know, the one that opens with the drum beat.

The English Version of Type Wild would be best..... Any other Dub Music would be stupid..... I have been wondering this for a while.... can't they just insert Background music like Heroes of Hoenn in an episode that didn't even have the BGM in the orignal version?

Vernikova

Champion
This battle really isn't that exciting to me and I've been disappointed by it so far. I watched the Japanese version of it and it really didn't impress me that much either. Torterra didn't do much in this battle but that wasn't very surprising I guess. Froslass was really cool here though but I was a little bothered by Pikachu breaking out of the ice with Volt Tackle and going in the direction of Froslass. That was really weird.

Rentaline99

who ya gonna call?
The English Version of Type Wild would be best..... Any other Dub Music would be stupid..... I have been wondering this for a while.... can't they just insert Background music like Heroes of Hoenn in an episode that didn't even have the BGM in the orignal version?

I have a feeling they will use the boring old violin theme they've been using and have used in this episode.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Well worth the holiday wait for this episode. It was better than the first part, and it was intense. Many of Ash's Pokemon sucked though, and I think Drapion and Infernape are way too overpowered in this battle. But still, it's a good battle.

9/10.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was great. It was kinda cool to see Poison Spikes. It was also nice to see Ash's Gliscor learn a cool move as Stone Edge. I was kinda impressed that Ash's Infernape got rid of Toxic Spikes. The battle so far was extremely intense.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Finally we can settle the whole "Ninjask/Infernape" debate. Infernape DIDN'T OHKO Ninjask with Mach Punch - it was directly stated that Ninjask took damage from underground Flare Blitz. I thought Ninjask losing to Mach Punch was a bit ridiculous.

I think We might want to get a translator to watch the sub again on this matter, cause alot of the dialogue was confirmed to be dub "changed" text, that could've been part of the changes made.

I mean, I agree that it makes a little more sense, but at the same time, Ninjask having it's ability clipped because of it almost getting nuked by fire (which did not happen.) is also kind of hard to believe.

Torpoleon

This battle really isn't that exciting to me and I've been disappointed by it so far. I watched the Japanese version of it and it really didn't impress me that much either. Torterra didn't do much in this battle but that wasn't very surprising I guess. Froslass was really cool here though but I was a little bothered by Pikachu breaking out of the ice with Volt Tackle and going in the direction of Froslass. That was really weird.
Torterra did land some heavy hits on Drapion. It is not Torterra's fault that it got knocked out by super effective hits from a Pokémon that only got hit by a measly Water Gun Attack. At least when Pikachu was in the ice, there wasn't any dramatic interaction between Ash & Pikachu like during Ash VS Brandon at the end of AG. How was it weird that Volt Tackle was going in the direction where Froslass was? Wasn't Pikachu facing Froslass.

Now, when Gliscor spun out of the way after using Giga Impact, I'm assuming McCann taught Gliscor that from rough training, since normally a Pokémon can't move after using a move like Giga Impact.

Elxar

Torterra was a victim of circumstance I guess...It happens when Ash uses his reserves making it hard to have more battling time and the reseves usually having the necessary wins. Pidgeotto was never used in the Indigo League, Cyndaquil never got a win Johto League and even a draw in Sinnoh. Torterra also end up being the same. The only time everybody got a win was Hoenn League since Ash used only one team and w/ 3 full battles the eventually had their time to shine.

AmericanPi

Write on
The only thing that really pissed me off about this episode was Torterra getting KO'ed... again. Come on, Nintendo, show some respect for those under-appreciated grass types!

Otherwise, this episode was definitely better than the last episode. Infernape Flare-Blitzing the field, Froslass's ghostly movements, Pikachu breaking the ice using Volt Tackle... epicness.

9/10