• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Real Rival Rouser! (655)

TicoPokemonMaster

That's not even a reason.... >_> What does Ninjask dodging like crazy and Infernape watching its movements and OHKO'ing it with a Mach Punch have to do with it? That doesn't answer why Mach Punch seemed like it had the power of a Rock Type attack and demolished Ninjask in one blow.....

my thought on that is that Ninjask has poor defense so speed was use to counter its weakness, or if you like it better like this, Infernape can change his type into the " I am going win anyways "type.

gliscor&yanmega

Which move did Inferape use exactly to beat Ninjask again? It's still Flare Blitz right, someone said Blastburn.

It was Mach Punch.

Infernape used Flare Blitz underground to get rid of the Toxic Spikes, I don't think it actually hit Ninjask though.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
I have really mixed feelings about Torterra's loss to Drapion. I realize that it made a lot of sense to have Drapion take down three of Ash's Pokemon like that, making a super-comeback. But now Torterra is Ash's only Sinnoh Pokemon to not have a single victory against Paul, sans Gible of course. Pikachu's beaten Froslass, Staraptor's beaten Weavile, Buizel's beaten Gastrodon, Infernape's beaten Ursaring, Aggron, Ursaring, Ninjask, Ursaring, and will obviously beat Electivire, and Gliscor seems very likely to either beat or draw against Drapion. However, Torterra is the only one of Ash's Pokemon that could afford to lose to Drapion. Gliscor just returned and needs to show off its strength, so it couldn't lose. Pikachu's finally got his uber-powers back, so he couldn't lose there. And Infernape's...well, Infernape. So I guess that Torterra was the logical choice to lose.

Also, I may love Infernape, but having it take down Ninjask on top of Aggron and Electivire seems like overkill. Infernape may have all rights, reserves, and copyrights to kick Paul's butt, but I would have rather seen Gliscor's aerial maneuvers or Torterra's ultra-defense take on Ninjask.

And now that I'm finished with my rants...Infernape still rocks out loud. And Drapion is absolutely insane powerful, just like Ursaring. Heck, Drapion may be even worse, given the fact that it poisoned five of Ash's Pokemon. And the one that it didn't poison, it crushed without mercy. So, yeah. Wow.

Last edited:

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
Well, we all thought/knew that the episode would be something like this, Drapion would make swift work of a few of Ash Pokemon, Infernape and Pikachu excluded. Therefore the events in itself (Staraptor down, Buizel down) was not at all suprising. Torterra on the other hand... he really should get a victory sometimes. For the strategy with Poison from Drapion, that was probably some of the best strategies I have ever seen in the anime.

Infernape was obvious as the power- house that would change the course of the battle and then it was ok to see Pikachu, whos win was ok but not more. However using Volt Tackle that often should really make him more tired than he seems.

The music and style of the battle was cool however all the way through, it really felt like the greatest battle in a long time, up there with Ash vs. Gary in Johto and some of the matches against Brandon in the BF. I have really high hopes for the end of this battle.

7/10 (not 8 because I still think Torterra was used the wrong way)

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Well there has to be some fall guy for the show, so I guess they chose Torterra. The battle was real good, but they did overdo Drapion.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I'm as disappointed as everyone else about Torterra, but it does make sense typing-wise and drama-wise. Although I can't help feeling that Rock Climb was generally a suicidal move, seeing as it's so easy to knock Torterra off. I'm still not convinced that bringing back the reserves has been that great of a decision. The battle with Nando was rushed to the point of pointlessness, the second was barely shown, Gible dominated against Conway and now the most important battle of the five has an all-Sinnoh lineup. If the choice is between getting three minutes each of Noctowl, Donphan, Heracross and Quilava (plus ten seconds of Snorlax) but very little for Buizel, Torterra and Staraptor VS just focusing on the Sinnoh pokemon but giving them all major victories, I think I'd prefer the latter.

That said, I always do love seeing Infernape in battle and he's still the big success story of D/P, and it's just a shame that the writers didn't throw in more opportunities for his comrades. But my favourite Sinnoh pokemon is, and always will be, Gliscor. So much persnality and fun just pouring out of every moment Gliscor is on screen, especially when it's putting its heart and soul into a battle. If Gliscor hadn't come back for this battle, I'd have a far less positive view about it.

Now, the big question... why does Paul have all these new pokemon if none of them are able to take out Ash's team? Obviously there's Drapion, which is all hunky dorey, but while Gastrodon, Aggron, Froslass and Ninjask are all decent pokemon none of them really did anything all that impressive. We'll forever be asking whether Ash could have taken out Honchkrow, Magmortar and Torterra- I think he could have, but it's still disappointing that two of Paul's pokemon will share his five knock-outs and the other four are just random pokemon who don't fit his "big and strong" pattern. A re-tread of the Lake Acuity battle might have been repetitive and predictable, but sometimes that's what you want to see.

Kabuto

little punks!
Well, I don't think too many people are going to be complaining about Paul's team choices now! Especially that Drapion, holy crap is that thing a total beast. I didn't mind Buizel and Staraptor getting knocked out, Torterra...I can live with. It'd been great to see Torterra get a win, sure, but Infernape is obviously the star of this battle, and is pretty much the centerpoint of the entire rivalry between Ash and Paul. It only makes sense for it to get huge spotlight.

erebus

just saw part two of ep. 187 (in HD!). the battle is not as epic as I thought it would be, but then again the best is yet to come. Torterra was robbed imo; at least buizel got a win in (last ep.) before being pin-missiled into oblivion, but poor under developed torterra just got humiliated.

i've gotta say that that drapion of Pauls is a badass, taking out three of Ash' pokemon and still looking as fresh as a daisy, i suspect that gliscor is gonna come through for ash and take it down though. I can't wait for the next episode now.

@Erebus: He didn't have much of a choice. Switching was tactically correct in those instances.

I know it was. I'm not saying that Ash switching was a bad thing, what I am saying is that it was wrong of Ash + Co. to criticise Paul for doing the exact same thing in his battle with Roark.

@Locormus: its not at all different to what paul did. five out of Ash' six pokemon ended up getting badly poisoned before he finally decided to use infernape to destroy the spikes. besides its not the 'morrality' of what Paul/Ash did in their battles that i'm pointing out, it's the hypocracy that is Ash, Dawn and Brock criticising paul in his battle against Roark.

STICKTOPIA

Drapion is the new Ursaring. So far it took out 3 of Ash's pokemon like Ursaring did. Funny how Buizel and Staraptor were 2 of those pokemon. Omg I thought Torterra would win! It still hasn't gotten a win since it evolved!!! Jeez this is getting ridiculous. I thought Ninjask was gonna take a direct hit from that Stone Edge but it didn't. Wow that Mach Punch from Infernape should have done very little damage but wow it KO Ninjask. I'm glad Pikachu defeated Froslass. Gliscor is doing great against Drapion. I love how it went up in the air like that after it used giga impact. Wow Electivire still didn't even come out yet! I can't wait for next week! This battle would end faster if the rest of them would just stfu.

Cult Of Personality

Excellent Trainer
Now I'm hoping Torterra will be the Sinnoh Pokemon for Ash's battle with Darkrai's trainer.

That sounds good to me. I'm really looking forward to that. Torterra NEEDS a comeback. But, if I had to guess which of Ash's Pokemon will make a guest appearance: ;006;. It's already defeated Entei and Articuno, so Darkrai isn't too much of a stretch.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
What the heck was that? The episode starts off where the other left off and right when I think this is Buizel's chance to finally shine, he gets knocked out. When Ash used Staraptor I though, "why send in a boy to do a man's job?". Then it fainted and I knew it was going to be a predictable battle from then on. That Drapion even took out Torterra despite being at a disadvantage, wow. Paul's Drapion was certainly impressive in battle, I'll give him that much. Paul's poison strategy worked like a charm. I was delighted to see Paul had a Froslass even though it doesn't fit in with him. Just when it seemed Pikachu was frozen, it beat Froslass with Volt Tackle, nice. The battle ended with Poison type versus Poison type, wonder who will win. 6/10.

cloudk

hates you.
Urm.. Could someone explain to me in the Pikachu vs Frosslass battle, why didn't thunderbolt work the first time? Something to do with snow cloak or something? Or was it the hail

STICKTOPIA

The battle ended with Poison type versus Poison type, wonder who will win. 6/10.
Poison vs poison? You do know Gliscor is flying/ground right?

Urm.. Could someone explain to me in the Pikachu vs Frosslass battle, why didn't thunderbolt work the first time? Something to do with snow cloak or something? Or was it the hail
Snow cloak b/c it raised Frolass's evasiveness which makes it harder for its opponent to attack it.

magicallypuzzled

well i can see why paul threw in ninjask he's big on countering his opponents pokemon and if you think back to the full battle. torterra was taking a beating from gliscar it eventually won.

but i can see how paul would of thought he needed a better counter to gliscar and ninjask flat out had gliscar owened. he did tons of damgae to gliscar with out taking so much as a single hit in return.

but with ninjask being specifically to counter gliscar he really should of returned it when gliscar was returned. it's not like ninjask had any real advantage move wise against infernape not if mega or giga drain (not sure which) was the best it could use verse a fire type.

pauls going to regret not having ninjask to ace gliscar with here shortly he's going to regret it bad.

Sayho1234

Torterra's the new Torkoal!!!! NO!!!!!!!
Its safe to say Torterra is his worst grass type now :(

Which is good news for Bayleef fans like me :D!

This just proves that the Sinnoh team isn't Ash's strongest team like some people seem to believe. 3 out of 6 of them are weak jokes: Staraptor, Buizel, & Torterra, that's half the team.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

This just proves that the Sinnoh team isn't Ash's strongest team like some people seem to believe. 3 out of 6 of them are weak jokes: Staraptor, Buizel, & Torterra, that's half the team.

Woah Woah Woah! Buizel defeated Gastrodon, and Staraptor has beaten Honchkrow and Weavile in the past. So they are actually quite strong. Sadly Torterra is the weakest :( Its a shame too, Torterra is my favourite (joint with Staraptor) of the Sinnoh team.

gliscor&yanmega

What the heck was that? The episode starts off where the other left off and right when I think this is Buizel's chance to finally shine, he gets knocked out. When Ash used Staraptor I though, "why send in a boy to do a man's job?". Then it fainted and I knew it was going to be a predictable battle from then on. That Drapion even took out Torterra despite being at a disadvantage, wow. Paul's Drapion was certainly impressive in battle, I'll give him that much. Paul's poison strategy worked like a charm. I was delighted to see Paul had a Froslass even though it doesn't fit in with him. Just when it seemed Pikachu was frozen, it beat Froslass with Volt Tackle, nice. The battle ended with Poison type versus Poison type, wonder who will win. 6/10.

I don't know what made you think Buizel was going to shine, it looked a lot like it was going to be the first knocked out, and it was. I thought the battle between Drapion and Buizel and Staraptor was obvious, it pretty much happened the way I thought it would.

How was Drapion at a disadvantage when battling Torterra?

Poison type versus Poison type? Gliscor is Ground/Flying...and has no Poison moves. It's more like Scorpion vs Scorpion.

How are Staraptor, Buizel, and Torterra weak? Just because they lost to a super powerful Drapion?

Staraptor has proven itself already and won against Nando's Roserade.

Buizel has proven itself and has gotten a win against Gastrodon.

Torterra was able to stand up to Bertha's Hippowodon although it still got knocked out easily.

Ash has 7 Pokemon on his Sinnoh team by the way(Pikachu, Starapto, Torterra, Infernape, Buizel, Gliscor, and Gible).

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't know what made you think Buizel was going to shine, it looked a lot like it was going to be the first knocked out, and it was. I thought the battle between Drapion and Buizel and Staraptor was obvious, it pretty much happened the way I thought it would.

How was Drapion at a disadvantage when battling Torterra?

Poison type versus Poison type? Gliscor is Ground/Flying...and has no Poison moves. It's more like Scorpion vs Scorpion.

Buizel's lacked any real major battles in Sinnoh, the only thing close to a major battle was when it fought against Maylene's Lucario and it tied so there's not really anything memorable abou Buizel and I had hoped it would get a chance to show it's true colors in the Sinnoh League after all the training it was put through under Dawn and Ash's care. That is why I thought it would SHINE for once and not just against one Pokemon either.

As for Drapion and Torterra, despite the fact that Torterra didn't know any Ground type moves, Drapion would have been at a disadvantage due to the Ground type's resistance to Poison type moves.

And I've always considered Gliscor a "Poison" type just by looking at it's coloration. Not the best way to find out but there you have it. So pardon me for not being able to memorize the type combinations of all 493+ Pokemon revealed so far :|