• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Relay in the Sky! (880)

DotKU

Champion
What was the BGM when Fletchinder was flying in the canyon (the one with trumpets and the flute)? That honestly got me pumped up; was easily one my favourite scenes in the episode.

The COTD looked badass as well and I wished they showed him off more. In the end it was a really well made episode.

Iirc (and if we are thinking of the same scene) the bgm is from the XY games. It's called "Super secret training"

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
It didn't. It came at third place, casualities or not. At least Hawlucha was in the lead, as expected ;)

Basically both Noibat & Hawlucha were 1000 times more relevant and dynamic than the bird, because just smiling a few times and tiring after being slayed isn't really showing personality. Like it or not.

And people wonder why I stan for Fletchinder so much, this is your sign people.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
And people wonder why I stan for Fletchinder so much, this is your sign people.

I feel sorry for Fletchinder then. It that's why you stan for the thing it says a lot about the Pokémon's notability.
And blame the writers for the portrayal of Fletchinder, not my fault the thing show less character than a POTD.

But at least Fletchinder's doing much better than the frog, that's something.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Basically both Noibat & Hawlucha were 1000 times more relevant and dynamic than the bird, because just smiling a few times and tiring after being slayed isn't really showing personality. Like it or not.

I agree. Hawlucha and Noibat shone here and did the most heavy lifting, while Fletchinder simply didn't impress me much. :c

nuzamaki90

R.I.P Hydreigon - Only FLYING-type Pokemon are allowed

The episode was great especially Volt coming in when Noibat get's his **** together. That Bird Keeper was badass though. Even though he literally didn't interact with Ash at all, I wanted to see them become rivals so badly.

Respawnzer

Toaru NT 13 hype
Iirc (and if we are thinking of the same scene) the bgm is from the XY games. It's called "Super secret training"

Holy cow thanks a bunch dude! That bgm honestly makes me think of something you would hear in a Mystery Dungeon game during the final boss dungeon.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I really don't understand the writers, how come every bird BUT the main bird gets to have a personality and development -_-...

Lorde

At least he tried his best and put in a good effort I didn't think it was that bad that Ash lost the relay. ^^

I just expected Noibat to succeed for Ash, but it's a bad sign that even a Starly out-sped him in the relay's final moments in my opinion.

Lorde

Calling it. Staraptor guy trounces Ash in the league if he shows up again.

I'm not sure if he would show up again: He barely even paid Ash any attention to start with here, and he wasn't so much as implied to be seeking badges. :/

Soniman

Break the Limit
I really don't understand the writers, how come every bird BUT the main bird gets to have a personality and development -_-...

This is not a new thing, typically all of Ash's region birds get the least focus, personality, and development, it happens in EVERY SERIES.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
This is not a new thing, typically all of Ash's region birds get the least focus, personality, and development, it happens in EVERY SERIES.

Why exactly did you feel the need to repeat what I said back to me?? I literally WROTE that in the post you quoted. I was stating that I don't understand why. It especially doesn't make sense when HALF your team are birds.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Why exactly did you feel the need to repeat what I said back to me?? I literally WROTE that in the post you quoted. I was stating that I don't understand why. It especially doesn't make sense when HALF your team are birds.

OOh sorry I thought you meant why JUST Flechinder on Ash's team hasnt gotten any development. I didnt know you were speaking Flechinder in the grand scheme of all of Ash's mons

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
OOh sorry I thought you meant why JUST Flechinder on Ash's team hasnt gotten any development. I didnt know you were speaking Flechinder in the grand scheme of all of Ash's mons

I literally said every bird in my post lol.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
It didn't. It came at third place, casualities or not. At least Hawlucha was in the lead, as expected ;)

It effortlessly took the lead and stayed out front until Hydreigon messed it all up. The fact it still made third despite the dragons blunder was more than enough for it to get credit and appreciation..

Absolutely nothing made Fletchinder less relevant than the others. They all did their part and they all deserve the praise for getting Ash on the podium, so in reality you're just dishing out shade for the sake of dishing out shade.

Lisia

Noctowl was the highlight for me. Loved seeing the bird. Huge one! :D I'm glad Ash didn't win the race. He doesn't need to win every races. Liked the birds' effort as well. Fletchinder should've come at 1st place but they had to screw it somehow, geez. Lucha was good as usual. At least Baby Bat gets development.

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review-

Another week, another weekly review

Pros:

* Daddy Lucha, Mommy Fletch, and Noibaby?

* Mr. Wobuffet disguise +1

* Race BMG was nice

* RIP Hydreigon

* Serena rides the balloon with Ash? How cute..

Neutrals:

* Looks like the Noibaby got some offscreen flying time? A bit torn as to whether I wanted it to clinch victory or not. Fletch/Lucha would have won if it was 2 v 2, and deserve the victory, but it might be too much if the baby bat succeeded that fast..

* Found it funny how Starling ~ Noibaby; Staravia ~ Fletch; Staraptor ~ Lucha as though Lucha was clearly the alpha in that trio

Cons:

* Once again, Fletch gets overshadowed by Lucha and even Noibaby

Thoughts:

* Huh, for once, Ash didn't befriend the winning COTD..

* Did TR bounce off the ground and then blast off?!??

Decent episode. Noibaby got some development, and Lucha and Fletch got some airtime too. Race was okay..

6/10