• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Relay in the Sky! (880)

Pokegirl0102

I actually enjoyed this episode though i wished Noibat had won the race but i guess it was more realistic that it lost since it is a beginner, don't tell me that Team Rocket focus has shifted from Pikachu to making Noibat evolve which i hope don't happen to at least the 8th gym i actually like to see devolopment for pokemon before they evolve dont want another Charizard or Goodra situation and now it just hit me we only have two gyms left 0______0 unless they pull a sinnoh and stretch out the episodes,

Vipsoccermaster

Hmm, a fair episode. Team Rocket were funny here, but there's always something odd about them. Honestly, a robotic Pelipper? How could no one notice that? Hawlucha was good, too. He definitely works as Noibat's teacher. Noibat did well in this episode, but it is both sad and understandable that it lost the competition.

TheMaster327

Anyone else think that Ornithal's Noctowl was oversized? Ash's shiny one was quite small if I recall. Also wanted to see Shedinja in action, but was denied because the leaders were so far ahead.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Anyone else think that Ornithal's Noctowl was oversized? Ash's shiny one was quite small if I recall. Also wanted to see Shedinja in action, but was denied because the leaders were so far ahead.

The animators, somehow, have free reign in representing sizes. Ash's Noctowl is unbelievably small, but Ornithal's Noctowl has the right size for it.

Pokegirl0102

Back in Johto it was showed that Ash's shiny Noctowl is smaller than the average Noctowl

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Yeah I recall Ash's Noctowl was noticeable smaller, let alone shiny. Sizes usually vary in the anime world, so it didn't bother me too much.

Another one of those episodes where I thought an evolution was going to occur (Fletchinder in this case).
I mean, it seems like Ash has had the thing forever by this point, and the episode had to do with a flying relay event, so...

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
Lost by a nose!

I liked seeing all the different flying type Pokémon especially the starly line as that is one of my favourites.

Nice episode, onto the next one!

Alloutℯ

Banned
I liked all the Flying types this episode got to show off: any episode with Combee is an instant success, super serious starting line Combee is even better than that. Plus, seeing the Starly line again is really nice.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
This episode gave some strong Flame Pokemon-Athon vibes (race, crowd, Pokemon running into things/Pokemon riding Pokemon), which is always great cause that was one of the best episodes of the original series

Not just one of the best episodes of the original series, but the highest rated Pokémon episode of all time! I think a 15

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Lost by a nose!

I liked seeing all the different flying type Pokémon especially the starly line as that is one of my favourites.

Nice episode, onto the next one!

I'm kinda sad that Ash didn't even acknowledge in this episode that he owned a member of Starly's line tbh.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The relay competition was fun, yet it lacked a sense of urgency since winning didn't even matter that much without Satoshi having an important rival to defeat. Satoshi using Onbat was also a mistake since it was inexperienced.

When it came to how Team Rocket cheated in the race, I'm glad that they were rewarded as a cheater deserves by being disqualified, but I thought a few things were dumb. The first is how there really wasn't a set of rules since we saw Hydreigon plowing its way through the forest, Hawlucha jumping from rock to rock and not even flying, and Pumpkaboo hiding in Altaria's fluff.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, I wish we had seen Onbat evolve here given the flying race subplot, which seemed like a good chance for Satoshi to attain Onvern.