• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Religion Thread.

religion

• Abrahamic (Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Baha'i, Gnosticism, etc.)

Votes: 32 45.1%
  • Indian (Buddhism, Hinduism, Jainism, Sikhism, etc.)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • East Asian (Shitoism, Confucianism, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neo-Pagan (Odinism, Wicca, Kimetism, Druidism, etc.)

• Non-Religious (Atheism, Agnosticism)

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • Left Hand Path (Satanism, Lucifrianism, Setianism, Magick, etc.)

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Scientology

• Zoroastrianism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jediism (its a religion, no kidding)

• Other

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

Spirst

I am not a crook
I'm agnostic so I don't believe evidence of a benevolent deity can be found nor do I believe that there is major evidence against it.

This creates quite a conflict with my Christian family.

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
I'm very Catholic (which is a type of Christian for those that don't know).

Religion was forced down my throat like fact when I was a kid, and I honeslty didn't buy it in any way.
I know that a lot of people that grew up with religion were taught badly; was it that or did you get the entire concept and think it was bullcrap?

Lucos

Why the f*ck is the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster not an option in the poll!? That's a f*cking insult! I demand you to edit this poll so I can vote on the one and only true religion with the one and only true deity, the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

The Flying Spaghetti Monster is the truth!

Ramen!

I'm agnostic so I don't believe evidence of a benevolent deity can be found nor do I believe that there is major evidence against it.

This creates quite a conflict with my Christian family.

To bad that your family is so close-minded that they don't accept that you don't share their believes, it's a shame, really.

Last edited:

tyranitar90

UP THE IRONS
wow guys, over 45 percent atheists and or agnostics? i am an athiest too. im not religious because religions seem to cause too much harm than good and i think religions discourage us from doing what we want. for example, most catholics in my family dont want same sex couples to marry because a book says supposedly.

Lucdawg

Only For the Weak
wow guys, over 45 percent atheists and or agnostics? i am an athiest too. im not religious because religions seem to cause too much harm than good and i think religions discourage us from doing what we want. for example, most catholics in my family dont want same sex couples to marry because a book says supposedly.

I honestly don't agree. I think religion is more of a way to acheive a level of peace with one's self as well as others. of course a good majority ruin that for people. (al-queda, skinheads, middle ages christian idiologists, horny priests) that many people turn away from it.

granted, I'm not religous but its more because i haven't found a good fit. I honestly believe religion is very important for people, whether you be Atheist, Christian, or whatever-ist.

btw, The bible doesn't say that gay marriage is wrong. the bible even features a male same sex union. And mind you according to the bible hate for gays, adultery, and pre-marital sex are merely metaphors suggesting that one should not lust. (I was a Catholic for quite awhile so I know what I'm talking about.)

@Lucos: I knew i forgot something!

Last edited:

pokeaidmissy

I am a Christian, which, according to Webster and other popular sources, is defined as "one who professes belief teaching in Jesus Christ".

More specifically, I'm Baptist, which in my personal definition is: "those who don't drink, can't dance, and always eat" XD

(please take no offence, I'm only poking fun) =)

I don't believe in any God, but I'm not saying there isn't one or more. I haven't seen any relevent proof that one exists and I haven't seen any relevent proof that there isn't a God.​

nintendude 64

Dropped my balls!
I'm Christain. I respect other's beliefs as well (unlike a lot of other Christains I know).

For example, once me and my mother (also a christain) were talking about converting friends if we had any that weren't Christain. I told her that I wouldn't really want to do that because, if I had a friend that was trying to convert me, I would feel pretty uncomfortable and think that they were a crappy friend. Just live and let live, you know?My mother disagrees.

Any thoughts on this?

BlueMew7

what up daddy in the house
I believe in Fonsy. Fonsy be praised!

No, just kidding. I'm a christian.

lol i kinda went through the poll a little fast.

anyway, here's a question i have for christians and jews.

If juadaism, and christianity both have extremely similar concepts, even share a holy book. Where's the seperation? I think it had somsthing to do with jesus not being their messiah. but even some jews believe he was. thoughts?

The Jews believe that there was NO Messiah. Christians believe that there was. That's the main difference. The other difference is that the Jews follow the Old Testament not the New Testament, which also ties in with why they don't believe that there was no Messiah. They follow all of the laws in the Old Testament, of which some do not have to be followed anymore. (I.e. basically any law described in Leviticus).

Now, there are some Jews who do believe that Jesus existed, but they do not believe he was the son of God. They sort of have the same view of Jesus as Atheists do today.

And of course there are Jews who just have a Jewish heritage but are not Jewish in the religious sense.

btw, The bible doesn't say that gay marriage is wrong. the bible even features a male same sex union. And mind you according to the bible hate for gays, adultery, and pre-marital sex are merely metaphors suggesting that one should not lust. (I was a Catholic for quite awhile so I know what I'm talking about.)

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

How is this a metaphor?

I'm Christain. I respect other's beliefs as well (unlike a lot of other Christains I know).

For example, once me and my mother (also a christain) were talking about converting friends if we had any that weren't Christain. I told her that I wouldn't really want to do that because, if I had a friend that was trying to convert me, I would feel pretty uncomfortable and think that they were a crappy friend. Just live and let live, you know?My mother disagrees.

Any thoughts on this?

As I have stated, I am a Christian as well. Here is the problem with converting people to Christianity: People think that the only way to convert people to Christianity is basically this:

Person 1: Hi, I'm going to tell you about Christianity.
Person 2: Um... ok. Sure.
Person 1: *Tells about the Gospel* You want to be a Christian?
Person 2: ...

You can't just tell people about the Gospel abrubtly without telling him/her anything else. It's all about testimony. Relate something that has happened to him/her or to you and how God fits into that. That might get the person to start thinking. One of the most important things for you to do is not tell the person about God through words, but through actions. A lot of people can tell if one person is a Christian or not just by their actions or even by their prescense. Once you feel your ready to talk to the person, that's when you tell about the Gospel and your Testimony. I can guerentee you the person won't just blow you off and think your just some nut job. Basically, don't force the decision on someone, because if you do, you won't get through to the person. I guess that's basically it. Oh yeah! Also invite him to go to your church. If your church is really cliche like my church, than just take him to your sunday school. If you really think that your church just really won't do anything for him, that's fine. I hope I've helped you somewhat. If you are still confuse, just ask.

Last edited:
I used to be a Christian, but became an Atheist 6 years ago.

I have respect for other religion (although I like to argue with them, I know no side will win and I'm not trying to convert them into Atheist, I just enjoy the argument).

I don't like extremists or people that really want to convert others though.

I see the Bible, Koran, ... as books with some historical events (like the existence of Jesus and Mohammed) but I think they're mostly just about morals.

Last edited:

MokKish

Breeding Enthustiast
I'm not exactly sure what I am, either an atheist or satanist (which has nothing to do with the Christian Satan really). The reason I don't believe in any sort of God or higher powers is simply because there's no proof of them what so ever.. If someone can give me any actual proof of them, other than the usual 'but the Bible says..', then I might consider that God exists. I still wouldn't worship him or anything tho..

The Mushroom

I don't believe in anything. I do respect other people choices, but to me it's just a piece of a culture, just like.. for example, an alphabet. If there was a God or any greater power, then why would it create a mad world like this. Good people die and bad people get rich. I think after you die, there's nothing and it's just like you're sleeping. And I also think that different religions caused too many problems. At the other hand, it's good because it's a great mental support to billions of people. I personally hate extremists. They try to life by some rules and hope to have a great afterlife. People, life starts when you're born, not when you're dead. So enjoy, cause this is life. I don't believe in anything and I'm happy with my life.
Don't ask me the retarderd question "If there's no God, then who created the universe?", cause if you do then I'll have to answer with "Then who the **** created God?"

*I hope I didn't offend anyone, otherwise send me a message and I'll apologize and edit my post. Like I said, I respect everyone's choice.

iGaga

I'm Gaga for Gaga
Have you ever noticed that a lot of celebrities were picked on when they were younger? Look at Miley Cyrus. She was picked on when she was in school. Look at her now. She has a billion dollar franchise.

You know how little kids have "imaginary friends?" I don't think their friend is really imaginary. Maybe, they can see spirits or angels, but we can't. Maybe only a chosen few can see them. As the child grows older, they lose the ability.

If only that applied to me. I've been beat up tens of times just for being me. I was even set on fire. Where is my money?

That's just stupid. I've had imaginary friends before, and I never once actually saw them. They were in my mind. I couldn't touch them. I couldn't even see them.

The Mushroom

Man has the power of freewill. The reason why I think bad things happen to good people could be because of what parents or ancestors have done. For example, maybe if a parent was a bully, their kid is likely to get bullied. There was a girl who bullied my mom a lot when she was little. When the bully became a parent, her daughter got picked on when she went to elementary school and they had to move. (I know this, because the girl was on my bus. I didn't pick on her, though.) Whatever bad doesn't happen to you, will probably happen to your children. Maybe the reason why bad things happen to a good person could be because of what happened in your past life. You did something to someone else in your past life and this happens to make you learn a lesson. The reason why good people die, is because they accomplished their mission in life. They no longer have to suffer. When you go to heaven, you're not going to bring your earthly possessions with you. You're bringing all your good deeds with you. Maybe bad things are happening to you, is because your faith is being tested. Someone is trying to change your views and seeing how strong your beliefs are. Man has freewill. You have to work things out for yourself. You need to overcome obstacles to gain wisdom. For example, if you have a horrible relationship, and the guy cheated and upset you, you're more knowledgable. Sure, something bad happened, but you can teach your child to not cheat, because you know how it feels. If you're in a bad relationship, and it ends, you're more likely to appreciate the next person you're with. Or if a parent treated you bad, you know not to treat your child that way.

I'm a Catholic.

Euhm.. Everyone did something wrong in their life, right? And that wouldn't be justice at all. Funny cause I thought that people always said that God gives you a second chance. So you're saying that you're getting punished for someone else its deeds? Nobody has the right to mess up someone's life.
Believe me, enjoy your life, this is heaven and hell. And what's the difference between a bad and a good person? Everyone has made someone else feel bad and good. What do you think life is? A useless pre-fase? I think the feeling you get when you're laughing, having a good time with friends, family, girl(boy)friend, getting married, getting drunk, when you're children are born is a pleasant feeling. Don't spend you're life following brainless rules, but enjoy it as much as you can, because it's the greatest gift you can get.
But once again I still do respect other people choices.

Well there are celebrities who were never picked on, and there are a lot of people who are getting picked and never get famous and sometimes just comit suicide. I think imaginary friends are just kids having a great fantasy.
I mean, what person says "I'm so glad I had imaginary friends when I was a litlle kid!"?

Priests are there to help everyone, but only to help themselves getting to heaven, right? That the point of most relegions, no? Life by the rules so you earn a good and eternal afterlife. So are they egoists? I help people only because I care. I easly imagine how I'd feel if I'd be in their position.

Last edited:

Lucdawg

Only For the Weak
The Jews believe that there was NO Messiah. Christians believe that there was. That's the main difference. The other difference is that the Jews follow the Old Testament not the New Testament, which also ties in with why they don't believe that there was no Messiah. They follow all of the laws in the Old Testament, of which some do not have to be followed anymore. (I.e. basically any law described in Leviticus).

Now, there are some Jews who do believe that Jesus existed, but they do not believe he was the son of God. They sort of have the same view of Jesus as Atheists do today.

And of course there are Jews who just have a Jewish heritage but are not Jewish in the religious sense.
how do you explain jews that believe jesus was the messiah? (there are sects that believe this and are non-christian)

How is this a metaphor?
is leviticus not the book that states that adultery and premarital sex just as blasphemous? Perhaps its merely a warning of the affect lust can have on one's relationship with God.

@MoKKish: when you say satanism are you refering to LaVey satanism or theistic satanism? i ask because your statement struck me as confusing.

Last edited:
I am a Roman Catholic.

I don't like to argue over religious subjects because there's always a hard-skulled dick who will refuse to show respect to the beliefs of others and thus causing a massive flamewar.

Lucdawg

Only For the Weak
Priests are there to help everyone, but only to help themselves getting to heaven, right? That the point of most relegions, no? Life by the rules so you earn a good and eternal afterlife. So are they egoists? I help people only because I care. I easly imagine how I'd feel if I'd be in their position.
The majority of clergypeople join their position because they feel incredibly happy in their faith and want to pass on that happiness to others. In a way they feel they're giving back because they are sharing what they believe to be wonderous news with others.

The Mushroom

The majority of clergypeople join their position because they feel incredibly happy in their faith and want to pass on that happiness to others. In a way they feel they're giving back because they are sharing what they believe to be wonderous news with others.

Ok, thx. I was just wondering..