• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Religion Thread.

religion

• Abrahamic (Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Baha'i, Gnosticism, etc.)

Votes: 32 45.1%
  • Indian (Buddhism, Hinduism, Jainism, Sikhism, etc.)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • East Asian (Shitoism, Confucianism, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neo-Pagan (Odinism, Wicca, Kimetism, Druidism, etc.)

• Non-Religious (Atheism, Agnosticism)

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • Left Hand Path (Satanism, Lucifrianism, Setianism, Magick, etc.)

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Scientology

• Zoroastrianism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jediism (its a religion, no kidding)

• Other

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

MokKish

Breeding Enthustiast
@MoKKish: when you say satanism are you refering to LaVey satanism or theistic satanism? i ask because your statement struck me as confusing.
Sorry but I don't really know a lot about these terms, but what I mean is this: I don't believe that there is a god or anything like that but I think that human being is his own god, as in he should be the one deciding his own beliefs and moral. As long as there is no proof of a god why should I believe in something a couple of people wrote thousands of years ago? But as The Mushroom stated, the mental support people get from religions is ofc good thing and I'm happy for them. As long as they don't try to make me believe same way they do, because I want to decide of my own life.
So umm, thats what I believe in a nutshell. You tell me, what do you think I am?

Lucdawg

Only For the Weak
Sorry but I don't really know a lot about these terms, but what I mean is this: I don't believe that there is a god or anything like that but I think that human being is his own god, as in he should be the one deciding his own beliefs and moral. As long as there is no proof of a god why should I believe in something a couple of people wrote thousands of years ago? But as The Mushroom stated, the mental support people get from religions is ofc good thing and I'm happy for them. As long as they don't try to make me believe same way they do, because I want to decide of my own life.
So umm, thats what I believe in a nutshell. You tell me, what do you think I am?
You sound like an atheist, satanism is WAAAAAY different.

theistic satanism is basically a reversed belief of christianity however it focuses on gaining knowledge and having a live and let live attitude. it includes some pagan influenced rituals as well.

LeVay satanism, is a branch of satanism formed in the 60s or 70s by anton levay. it stresses atheism but asserts satan as a metaphor to the impulses of humans. so basically be a good person and don't ignore impulse. the holy book of this religion is the satanic bible.

clear things up?

Last edited:

MokKish

Breeding Enthustiast
@Lucdawg: Yeah thanks, cleared a lot. And also, I've always thougt myself as an atheist, maybe with some influeces from satanism. Which I think I still am, tho it doesn't really matter to me how I should 'label' myself..

Last edited:

iGaga

I'm Gaga for Gaga
I believe blind faith is just as illogical as complete rejection.

This is my reason:

The blind believer gains all if G-d exists, but looses everything (as in, a basis for their mentality) if G-d does not exist.

The complete rejector gains nothing and looses everything ('') if G-d exists, while they just loose nothing if G-d doesn't.

The skeptic, who understands the possibility of G-d existing and not existing gains everything if G-d exists, but looses nothing if G-d doesn't.

While in most religions, being skeptical is not a sin, as it is human nature. As long as you don't go around saying "G-D DOESN'T EXIST" and stay loyal to your religion in the possibility that G-d exists. Which is what I do. now

Jkbrown94

Team Flora Leader
I'm Christian. I dont know what else to say...........

Jkbrown94

Team Flora Leader
Oh by the way, no offense to anybody but, I dont think there is such thing as Non-Religious, Atheism, or Agnosticism

BlueMew7

what up daddy in the house
how do you explain jews that believe jesus was the messiah? (there are sects that believe this and are non-christian)

is leviticus not the book that states that adultery and premarital sex just as blasphemous? Perhaps its merely a warning of the affect lust can have on one's relationship with God.

@MoKKish: when you say satanism are you refering to LaVey satanism or theistic satanism? i ask because your statement struck me as confusing.

I kind of just explained that, but oh well. It might be that they have a Jewish heritage and therefore are Jews. Those are the Jews that believe in the Messiah. Not all of them, but some.

is leviticus not the book that states that adultery and premarital sex just as blasphemous? Perhaps its merely a warning of the affect lust can have on one's relationship with God.

That was the verse that I quoted. So yes, it does. It is not a warning, it is a law. It even says in Leviticus 18:4, "You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees."

The Mushroom

Oh by the way, no offense to anybody but, I dont think there is such thing as Non-Religious, Atheism, or Agnosticism

Wrong, I don't believe in nothing. Only in luck. How isn't it possible to not believe ^^ Even as a litlle child when I was afraid, I still kept telling myself there was no bigger force. Maybe that's the reason why I'm so confidend. I have my own will and only I can change my own destiny. I don't pray and I don't go to church, when I'm afraid, angry or sad there's only my friends and family who support me.
But all right, you don't believe in Non-Religion, Atheism and Agnosticism and I don't believe in any God. But as long as we respect each other choices we're both good people.

MokKish

Breeding Enthustiast
I believe this is because you yourself do believe in God and thus can't understand those who don't. Atleast that applies to most of the people who think like that. It's just like I can't quite understand people who do believe in God. Yet I'm not going to deny your existence..

The Director

Ancient Trainer
I'm an atheist. And yes it is a Religion, its just a bit less happy to say it is a belief.

For even the atheists trust their five senses, luck, logic etc. But how can you prove without using the five senses that what you pick up with the fives senses are correct. You can't and therefore you believe in them.

You do get rather unusual religions/beliefs that don't believe in anything. That nothing seen, thought, felt, smelt, tasted or heard is real. I never got what those groups did with themselves really, if nothing is real then surely nothing matters.

A bit more on a personal level though, even if God does/doesn't exist. It doesn't seem to help us out that much so I don't think it matters either way. I think that the only "higher powers" there are, are the forces like gravity, nuclear etc. Those laws command all atoms and if we are all atoms they all command us.
Ever heard of the idea of Laplace's Demon?
Its the idea of a creature (not necessarily God) that knows where everything is, how fast its going, and knows perfectly the laws of physics at one point in time, can then discern what has happened, and what will happen as everything is controlled by these laws.

The Mushroom: Surely destiny cannot be changed, otherwise its not destiny.

KartWheelyGirl: You're not a Goth are you? Its just you sound a bit like one, theres nothing wrong with that, just curious. Also you're posts sound like you're trying to convince yourself as well as us, again no offense intended.

Lucdawg

Only For the Weak
I kind of just explained that, but oh well. It might be that they have a Jewish heritage and therefore are Jews. Those are the Jews that believe in the Messiah. Not all of them, but some.

That was the verse that I quoted. So yes, it does. It is not a warning, it is a law. It even says in Leviticus 18:4, "You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees."

thats my point lust=distance from god.

~*Lyra

Pokémaniac
Two Things

You sound like an atheist, satanism is WAAAAAY different.

theistic satanism is basically a reversed belief of christianity however it focuses on gaining knowledge and having a live and let live attitude. it includes some pagan influenced rituals as well.

LeVay satanism, is a branch of satanism formed in the 60s or 70s by anton levay. it stresses atheism but asserts satan as a metaphor to the impulses of humans. so basically be a good person and don't ignore impulse. the holy book of this religion is the satanic bible.

clear things up?

Mostly spot on but...

#1 The Satanic Bible isn't "holy" to Satanists. It's just our manifesto. ;)

#2 Theistic "Satanists" aren't. They're just Christians rooting for the bad guy. They still belive in the Christian God, Christian Jesus, and whole Christian cosmology. A Star Trek fan who roots for the Borg is still a Trekkie.

Carry on.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
Agnostic, for the sake of simplicity. Technically, I have a vague belief of what God is, but I don't follow a particular denomination because I don't think organized religion is necessary to hold a personal belief. Nor do I believe one religion has more merit than another.

denizenofevil

I'm Mormon. Some will say I'm Christian and some will say I won't. Either way, I don't really care. I don't think religion makes the person and I don't think that religions have a monopoly on morals. There is good and bad in every religion.

Lucos

thats my point lust=distance from god.

We should never take any holy book literal, since that would be just dumb, since every holy book, especially the bible, is full of contradictions and flaws. It also historical stories that are proven wrong. Personally I would say just throw that piece of trash book in the trashcan but since I respect other peoples believes and faith I will not diss their bible. But keep in mind that it's an old book that got rewritten over and over and over again and contain many flaws and wrong translations.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
For even the atheists trust their five senses, luck, logic etc. But how can you prove without using the five senses that what you pick up with the fives senses are correct. You can't and therefore you believe in them.
Although you make a valid point, our five senses is not the same as a diety that hasn't shown himself. Two different kinds of trust there.

Drake99

We should never take any holy book literal, since that would be just dumb, since every holy book, especially the bible, is full of contradictions and flaws. It also historical stories that are proven wrong. Personally I would say just throw that piece of trash book in the trashcan but since I respect other peoples believes and faith I will not diss their bible. But keep in mind that it's an old book that got rewritten over and over and over again and contain many flaws and wrong translations.

Like what?

Yellow Aura

Light of Hope
Wow, I just read all three pages of this, and I'll just say I wished I'd gotten here sooner. Even though there are so many things i'd like to say, I'll just sum it up by saying my beliefs:

I'm Roman Catholic.
I believe in God, Jesus, the Bible, all the basic Christianity stuff. The biggest difference that I know of between complete Christians and Catholics, is that when recieving a Christian sacrament called Eucharist, Catholics believe that the bread and wine they use are really the body and blood of Jesus, while Christians believe it is merely simbolic. Unlike some others, I think that as long as someone is doing the right thing, even if they are Atheists, or they believe in diffrent and many gods, or they are gay or bi, they can go to Heaven. As to converting people, that basically explains that I don't think ANY religion should be stuffed down someone's throat, and one of the first things I learned in my church school was to respect others beliefs, no matter what they were. Now some of you are wondering, "What kind of God would leave the world in the state it's in?" Well, I'm not sure why, but I'm am patiently awaiting the day when Jesus will come back, and I think that maybe God ischallenging us, facing us with problems, or maybe, because people have free will, and God cannot interfere with that, greedy/mean/ overall bad humans have gotten the world into the state that it's in. Besides, life isn't life without problems. My cat recently died. Death is an illusion, althought it may effect the world, it is not true separation. That's all I can think of for now. I'll be glad to discuss anything with anyone.

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ

And I don't believe there's such a thing as Christianity Islam, or Hinduism. Hey, makes about as much sense as what you just said. Seriously, how does one not believe a lack of religion exists? Honestly. Here I am, right here. I don't believe in the existence of a god; hence, I'm an atheist. It's that simple.

I'm an atheist. And yes it is a Religion, its just a bit less happy to say it is a belief.

Yeah, sort of like how bald is a hair color.

Like what?

As far as contradictions in the Bible go, start here.