• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Rematch to Remember

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
With all the Talk of Pual and Brandon's Match, and the comparisons to Ash's match with King I've been think do you think Ask could beat Brandon again in a rematch?

I mean a Legit match with none of that DEM crap this time, and against all 3 regi's

I Believe he could pull off a very plausible victory, though now with all the memebers of his current team

Rampardo

I believe he can, given that he uses his strong ones of course (Sceptile, Charizard and Snorlax).

While we're in the subject of rematches, a rematch I'd love to see is Ash vs Harrisson, Blaziken vs Charizard, this one with the 'zard learning a flying move (sky attack?) to utilize his type advantage and win that way, since he lost last time^^

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
You have to remember Brandon went easier on Ash than Paul. He used Dusclops, Ninjask and Solrock and only one Regi against Ash, Paul had to battle all 3.

Bulbasaur and Squirtle's wins were fine, the only forced win was Pikachu Vs. Regice. Obviously it shouldn't have happened that way but the writers probably just wanted to wrap up the BF storyline quickly before DP.

I do think it would have been more plausible if Charizard had weakened Regice a bit first before Pikachu finished it off, but Charizard lost before it could even battle Regice.

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
If its 3 vs 3, Pikachu, Charizard, and Sceptile vs Regice, Registeel, and Regirock, then it would depend.

For some idiotic reason, Paul didn't use Torterra, so we don't know how it would have done. So someone like Charizard and Sceptile, who get better at Oak's/Charicific Valley, it would be a close match. I could see Pikachu taking out Regice or something if Charizard or Sceptile weakened it a bit.

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
^ That what I mean, It was a legit match up until Pikachu vs Regice

but if they were to have a Proper 6 on 6 rematch I would like to see

Ash
-Pikachu
-Staraptor
-Monferno
-Sceptile
-Donphan
-Charizard

Brandon
-Dusknoir
-Ninjask
-Solrock
-Regis

The reason behind Ash's team is because I believe If Torkoal can bring Steel to it's knees then Monferno can beat it, Staraptors Close Combat would be handy against any of the regis, Charizard basically for what you said, and Sceptile becasue I feel it got cheated in its first match, and a NON DEM Pikachu because I do believe it could've be useful against Ninjask and Solrock

zeno48

Zaker!
With his current team i don't think he can. The reason Paul lost was because Brandon was able to switch his three regis and Paul had to face all three. Ash only faced one regi when he beat Brandon which imo was rushed. I still have a hard time believing Regice fell down with one volt tackle. Anyways if Ash went back to recall his other pokemon then maybe he could take down at least one but not all three.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Infernape would be the perfect choice of Pokemon vs the Regi's. Fire + Fighting would be great against Ice and Steel. Then if Sceptile and say...Pikachu/Charizard were thrown in as well, I reckon Ash would do pretty good.

Like with Paul...If he'd have had Torterra and Magmortar at the time, he'd have probably done pretty well.

JD

I dont know I think he could take down atleast one regi with his current team rock most likely but he would probably lose 4 pokemon trying to with his current team

BirdStaraptor

Sinnoh Master
Ash was lucky when he fought only Regice. if he did battle all of the three Regis I think he will be able to defeat one Regi but I doubt he can beat all of them.

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
Infernape would be the perfect choice of Pokemon vs the Regi's. Fire + Fighting would be great against Ice and Steel. Then if Sceptile and say...Pikachu/Charizard were thrown in as well, I reckon Ash would do pretty good.

Like with Paul...If he'd have had Torterra and Magmortar at the time, he'd have probably done pretty well.

I believe so to, I think even Gliscor would do pretty well I mean between Fire Fang and Steel Wing it could at least some Damage

Vernikova

Champion
I think that Ash could win a 6-on-6 match up against Brandon. The team that would be used might be Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard, Staraptor, and Donphan. He has type advantages against the 3 Regis, Solrock, and Ninjask. Dusknoir would be more of a problem since he doesn't have a super effective attacks for it.

Torpoleon

If Ash were to re battle Brandon again, with Ash's most powerful reserves in a 6 on 6 match, when Chimchar is an Infernape and hopefully Totodile is a Feraligatr, here is what I can see as the teams:

First off, the teams should be:
Ash:
Charizard, Infernape, Sceptile, Staraptor, Feraligatr and Snorlax.

Brandon:
Dusknoir, Solrock, Ninjask and the three Regi's.

Ash would have a better chance here given the types he'd be using. It would be a close match and if Paul had a Magmortar, things would have changed. He should have beaten AT LEAST one Regi.

JD

I think the teams would be
PIkachu
Gliscor
Charizard
Sceptile
Heracross
Snorlax

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Personally, I do not feel that Pikachu's victory over Regice was DEM. The one complaint people have is how Pikachu shouldn't have won after Regice used Rest. From how I interpret rest in the anime, it doesn't mean you recover health so much as you recover energy. Think about if you hurt your arm doing something. It won't instantly feel better after you take a nap. It still hurts. So really, injuries will not heal if you take a nap. Really, you only feel more energized.

But as for the topic at hand, I would see the following line-ups:

Ash:
-Pikachu
-Charizard
-Staraptor
-Sceptile
-Squirtle
-Snorlax

Brandon:
-Regirock
-Regice
-Registeel
-Dusknoir
-Solrock
-A new Pokemon not used in the first battle

bui

No matter how hard you justify pikachu win against regice was DEM. As for the thread I like Ash to have a rematch with brandon.

You have to remember Brandon went easier on Ash than Paul. He used Dusclops, Ninjask and Solrock and only one Regi against Ash, Paul had to battle all 3.

Brandon's Dusclops, Ninjask and Solrock are more powerful than his regis. Remember they are the one who helped him to catch the regis and I think they are with him since he started of as pokemon trainer.

The reason behind Ash's team is because I believe If Torkoal can bring Steel to it's knees then Monferno can beat it, Staraptors Close Combat would be handy against any of the regis, Charizard basically for what you said, and Sceptile becasue I feel it got cheated in its first match, and a NON DEM Pikachu because I do believe it could've be useful against Ninjask and Solrock

What you are missing is that Paul also used pokemon having type advantage or atleast having moves that have type advantage against the regis still he lost the match so easily. Brandon has improved a lot compared to Kanto BF. Even if Ash uses all 6 of his sinnoh pokemon against the regis he will still lose. He can only win by using those old kanto reserves.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
If Ash battles Brandon again, here's what I think his team should be.

Pikachu-It draws with Charizard as his strongest Pokemon. I really don't get why some people think that it was unrealistic for Pikachu to beat Regice. I think that it was perfectly logical. What wasn't logical was Dusclops beating Charizard and almost Bulbasaur...Sorry, off topic. Anyway, Pikachu will be in every of Ash's most major battles for all time.

Charizard-Ash's super-powerhouse. Obvious choice.

Squirtle-One of Ash's most powerful Pokemon, matched only by Pikachu, Charizard, and Bulbasaur. Obvious choice.

Bulbasaur-Just like Squirtle. Obvious choice.

Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape-With Blaze, I'd put its strength on par with Squirtle and Bulbasaur.

Snorlax,Swellow,Sceptile,Buizel/Floatzel-All powerhouses. Any one would work.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Ash wouldn't win against Brandon with his Sinnoh Team. Not by a long shot.

He might be able to win using his strongest reserves. I think he might be able to do it with Charizard, Sceptile, and Heracross once it learns a decent fighting attack.

It was stupid for Paul not to use Torterra, but I think they were trying to prove some sort of veiled point with what happened with Brandon. Paul's weakness appears to be that he doesn't stick with any one Pokemon long enough to bring out its full potential with all of his team changes. The way that he does his training makes his Pokemon strongest initially but while other people like Ash and Brandon are working with the essentially the same teams and building their experience Paul's constantly tweaking his team.