1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

A Restoration Confrontation! (Part 1) (736)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

I was surprised by Dr Zager's interest in the Tirtouga fossil, but I liked seeing Twist Mountain's mines and tunnels. The fact that the mine excavator had visited the prehistoric past was interesting as well.

2. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

Since this episode happened at Twist Mountain, I was hoping to see Yacon appear there like in the games. Too bad he didn't, or else he could've helped Fujio and Protouga. The Rocket-dan's plan was better than their usual schemes, and my heart broke when we saw those Archen bullying poor Protouga in the past.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  3. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

So we were supposed to believe that the fossil that Ferris found just so happened to be the same Tirtouga that he met in the past? What bothered me was the space-time warp to ancient times and how convenient it was. :/

4. Alloutℯ

Alloutℯ Banned

I really dislike the lack of continuity, Ash manages to be totally shocked at the concept of fossils and ancient Pokemon, while instantly remembering the Archen events when in the helicopter later in the episode.

5. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

It was a selective memory moment. Ash has those in BW frequently.

6. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

Given the focus on Protouga and fossils in general, it's kind of a shame that Aloe wasn't involved here since she's an archaeologist and would've therefore suited the plot.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  7. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

It's good to have an episode where a Team Rocket appearance is justified. This episode reminded me of the Hoenn Trapinch episode, except this one is a two-parter. Tirtouga was so cute.