• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Restoration Confrontation! (Part 1) (736)

SmartD

Team Rocket's new mission is revive Tirtouga so they can access the time gate. They succeeded in reviving Tirtouga, but it escapes. Can Ash and Ferris help it out? It was a good episode.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I rather liked this episode. It was nice to see a couple new pokemon as well as seeing Team Rocket back in their original uniforms.

Yeah i was impressed when zager and ash met. and the tirtouga wore the pendant while fossilized.

guess this this the second time something was among the pokemon's fossil, but the interesting thing is that the pendant was from modern time.

Last edited by a moderator:

LizardonX

Banned
It was an okay episode.

5/10, just hurry up and get to roxie, I want to hear the translated DOGARS song.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
So this is the culmination of Team Rocket's plan all along. To revive a fossil, to maintain a time gate to the ancient world so it can control the pokemon there to rule the unova region, I have to say I'm impressed. Also, I don't know about anyone else, but i wasn't expecting Tirtouga to be pronounced like that. Finally, I really enjoyed this episode, especially the second half due to the realisation of Team Rocket's plan. On to the next one, I'm sure it going to be great!

Azureth

Team Rocket is back!

nd they're dealing with fossils. Don't see why that's such a big deal, though. Restoring fossilized pokemon was perfected a long time ago.

Wait, Ash knows what a Tirtouga is? He didn't even pull out his pokedex.

You know, this is kind of disturbing if you think about it. He's holding his dead friend.

Oh wow. Forgot about the fossil machine from earlier in Unova. Took a long time for that to come full circle. Team Rocket could have finished this job long before Ash made it to Twist Mountain. Come to think of it, why didn't they do it before the Thundurus and Tornadus plot? <_<

Ash usually knows to give up if Thunderbolt has no effect the first time. He could at least try a different pokemon.

Vipsoccermaster

Pretty good episode. It was nice to see Team Rocket again. Tirtouga is a fine Pokemon. I didn't really like how Sierra acted in this episode, though. She didn't seem to be happy at all.

Battra

Mildly enjoyable episode, it's nice to see TR back. Though aren't space-time distortions the realm of Palkia & Dialga since were in Unova shouldn't we be focusing on Reshiram & Zekrom. Also were supposed to believe that the Tirtouga fossil that Ferris found just so happens to be the same Tirtouga he met in the past with fossilized pendant. Come on writers you can do better than that.

Supersonicbro

Saw the episode in subs already but felt like seeing the english one. The only part that got to me was when ferris said "You never told me your name" -_- it's a pokemon, all it says is it's name.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Impressive Team Rocket, very impressive. At first, I thought this was going to be a boring 2 parter with a plain COTD, but I didn't think that TR would have a plot here. So yay! Great episode!

Dr. Zager is one helluva antagonist. He's getting stuff done. Especially after attempting to capture the kami trio in the last 2-parter.

Ferris and Tirtouga's friendship really touched me, and it was shocking to see that the fossil he discovered was from the Tirtouga he met. The whole time gate thing left me baffled, but I'll buy it.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
That Tirtouga must have been stubborn. He never bothered evolving all those years, and died as is.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
That Tirtouga must have been stubborn. He never bothered evolving all those years, and died as is.

Maybe it did not want to evolve. They don't have to evolve.

Iris and her kid comments are back. Just as I was starting to like her......

Ferris voice seemed really familiar. No idea how but I know I heard the voice

Last edited:

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Did a quick seach, and Ferris is voiced by Wayne Grayson. He voiced some well known characters, such as; Harrison from the Silver Conference, Karl from Movie 13, Kevin from Movie 12, Emmet, Ben (DP and Ranger special), and of course Lance!

So this guy's been around for quite awhile. :)

kendrickmiv

A Restoration Confrontation Part 1 736

Thanks Josh; whenever you are ready for that part of the restoration process, I will do the gauges for you, no worries.
Sorry to hear about your issue concerning spending the small fortune, you did tell her AFTER it was spent right? and not before, always remember that part ok.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I liked this two-parter, anything with Team Rocket in a major role is good these days. :) The scientist trying to recapture the past has been done before (Beg Burrow and Steal), but tirtouga was cute, at least before it evolved in part two.

7/10

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm surprised Ash didn't use his poke dex on a Pokemon he never saw before. I was glad to see the white TR uniforms return

NPT

Just a member
A Restoration Confrontation! (Part 1)

This episode started off boring, but it got interesting when Ferris told Ash and the others about how he met Tirtouga in his childhood, but unfortuantly his friend Sierra dosen't belives him.
There was a lot of explaination about how the space-time hole and Tirtouga in this episode. I have to admit, Team Rocket's plan was clever. They wanted to increase the space-time hole to its maximum size, so they can use Tirtouga's life energy to keep the Gate of Time open forever. I liked how Ash finally meet Dr. Zager ...... face to face. Team Rocket finally managed to restore Tirtouga, but it uses AncientPower and escapes from Team Rocket's helicopter. Ash and Ferris finds Tirtouga. But it attacks them, even after Ferris mentioning the pendant that he gave Tirtouga in his childhood.....and the episode ends with a cliffhanger.
I'm surprised that the pendant was still in pretty good shape after being stuck inside of the fossil for so long.

Team Rocket always seems to reappear when I'm wondering what they're up to since the last time a plan of theirs was foiled.