• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Restoration Confrontation! (Part 2) (737

HoennTori

BisexualMexnese Kid
I wish Team Rocket would take these three Terracostas they caught in their trap for a while. Seriously, they need some wins not only loses =(. How are we supposed to take them seriously.

When do the bad guys ever win in these shows?

Janovy

Banned
Angry, annoyed, irritated, pissed, furious and many other things all at once.

Ash yells stop and Team Rocket stop to have a battle with him? Seriously? Are you f-ing retarded? YOU HAD THE DOOR TO THE ANCIENT DOOR OPENED! WHY THE HELL DID YOU JUST NOT GO THROUGH THE DOOR? DID YOU ACTUALLY THINK YOU HAD A CHANCE AGAINST ASH?

Ugh.

Team Rocket is completely and utterly retarded. Waste of an episode, seriously.

HoennTori

BisexualMexnese Kid

Ash yells stop and Team Rocket stop to have a battle with him? Seriously? Are you f-ing retarded? YOU HAD THE DOOR TO THE ANCIENT DOOR OPENED! WHY THE HELL DID YOU JUST NOT GO THROUGH THE DOOR? DID YOU ACTUALLY THINK YOU HAD A CHANCE AGAINST ASH?

Ugh.

Those three have never been the sharpest tools in the shed

gliscor&yanmega

Ugh.

I don't think going through the "door" would have really done anything, Ash and the others would have just followed and end up kicking them out of the world.

I saw the pictures, look interesting enough to me.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Wait so now in the future/present, that same turtle could be revived again if they find it as a Carracosta fossil! Its like the anime equivalent of the link cable cloning glitch!!

Janovy

Banned
I don't think going through the "door" would have really done anything, Ash and the others would have just followed and end up kicking them out of the world.
But we don't know that, do we? What bothers me the most is that TR stopped when Ash told 'em to stop! -.-

Are they villains or what?

gliscor&yanmega

But we don't know that, do we? What bothers me the most is that TR stopped when Ash told 'em to stop! -.-

Are they villains or what?

Well Ash and the others ended up going through the "door" anyways, I'm sure they wouldn't just stand there and let them go through, they'd go after and make sure they don't cause trouble. Personally, I simply laughed when they stopped, doesn't bother me at all.

Villains are meant to lose, they can't help what the writers plan to do.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
And cue all the whiners about Team Rocket failing (when it's obvious they will because that's how the friggin' show works!), because apparently you're only threatening and competant if you always win. Let's ignore all the blatant threatening, competant stuff the TRio and Zager were doing here, no, they lost so that means they're total failures. SIGH.

So... what was the reason for this two-parter?
Was it really necessary?

Payoff from previous episodes' build-up, Ash actually meeting Dr. Zager....

Oh, and to have a nice action/adventure story, but no, I suppose that's not a good enough reason. Heaven forbid we have one of those when we could have episodes devoted to a Pokemon training to learn some new move instead! Honestly, what you people find "exciting and important" and "boring and unneccessary" is all mirrored around......

The whole best wishes series is a waste of time

Wow. The hypocrisy levels are so high right now it's staggering.

Going to agree here even though I didn't dislike(did not enjoy it that much either), from all the two parters this one cold seriously have been done in one episode.

No, the first part was needed for all the exposition, of which there was alot of (Finding the fossil, Fujio's past with Carricosta, Zager's plan and how it works, etc.)

Are you seriously saying ONE episode could fit all that in and a big, satisfying battle? Because you're wrong.

Exactly. Ash and the others were actively in their way and trying to stop them. TR has an obligation to try and finish them off. They knew Ash wasn't going to quit.

Last edited:
I haven't seen this episode yet, but one thing does disappoint me. Most two parters are built up over a short period of time so it's not that big of a deal that the actual two parter didn't end up being significant. This on the other hand had been built up since EPISODE 6, I expected more of a payoff.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
I wish Team Rocket would take these three Terracostas they caught in their trap for a while. Seriously, they need some wins not only loses =(. How are we supposed to take them seriously.
I find that they can get a win when their character development curve legitimately has them gain the skills to do so rather than what Best Wishes did with TRio suddenly being no nonsense and competent at their job despite 13+ years saying otherwise. And even then it wouldn't be all the time, just enough to establish them as actual villains.

Haunter ゴースト

I liked the whole idea of this episode, and all of the TR plots leading up to this, but at the moment the images really seem a huge let down and im not the only one.

I'll wait until i've seen the episode first until i properly judge the episode.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
I haven't seen this episode yet, but one thing does disappoint me. Most two parters are built up over a short period of time so it's not that big of a deal that the actual two parter didn't end up being significant. This on the other hand had been built up since EPISODE 6, I expected more of a payoff.

....No, it was built up since episode 39.

They used something obtained in Episode 6 (dream energy), but that was already utilized before in the Meteonite mission, which was what Episode 6 was directly building to.

Haunter ゴースト

....No, it was built up since episode 39.

They used something obtained in Episode 6 (dream energy), but that was already utilized before in the Meteonite mission, which was what Episode 6 was directly building to.

I suppose you're right to an extent, but at the same time EA is correct since the Dream Energy was used. Without Episode 6, Episode 39 and 77/78 wouldn't have been able to take place.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
I suppose you're right to an extent, but at the same time EA is correct since the Dream Energy was used. Without Episode 6, Episode 39 and 77/78 wouldn't have been able to take place.

All the same, Episode 6 was not the actual start of this particular plot thread, Episode 39 was. It was built up for a long time, yes, but not as long as back in Episode 6.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
...z z z

I guess I was right to not expect much out of this two parter. It would have been a tiny bit for interesting if something other than Carracosta evolved.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Damn writers, why can't you get fossil related episodes right? And not make them boring?

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
OK, may I ask WHAT about this episode people find "boring"? Is it just because of the (idiotic) backlash against serious Team Rocket? Is it because there were no captures, which this fandom seems to think is the most important thing even though "Gotta Catch 'Em All" is deader than disco? Is it hatred toward Carracosta? Was the battle not good enough?

I am seriously confused as to how this was boring.

Last edited: