• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Rival Battle for Club Champ! (669)

Firebrand

Indomitable
I noticed... Pierce looks like Tobias, and sounds like mewtwo. I'm probably being a conspiracy theorist here, but the voice acting of the two is nearly identical. Plus, at the end of Mewtwo Returns, mewtwo was looking out over a city that was fairly obviously New York (Chrysler building and Met Life Building clearly visible). Unova is supposed to be New York. Mewtwo is in New York.
MEWTWO IS PIERCE, MEWTWO IS IN TEAM ROCKET!
Earth is doomed.

ringuma

What I DON'T get is how Tranquill's super luck made it so that ariel ace got critical hits twice in a row. Super luck rises the chances of critical hits, I know that, but I think the producers exaggerated a little bit about super luck's chances, kind of like when Infernape got blaze when battling electivire, they made it seem like a really cheap ability.

Aegon

I finally got around to watching this episode, and thought it was great, but nothing too special. The battle between Trip and Ash was good, but it's silly seeing Ash being defeated after coming in Top 4 in the Sinnoh League! There was fantastic Ash, Iris and Cilan interaction, and Team Rocket were amazing. I love their new ways, and ZOMG! DAN GREEN AS PIERCE! I couldn't stop grinning while hearing his voice.

7/10.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Its strange but Ash looks like he has grown weak after the Sinnoh league... Still the battle was good... especially Pikachu and Snivy and Trip's Frillish were great

Why did they have to make Snivy look so hillairious when she was affected by Frillish's Cursed Body?

gliscor&yanmega

Why did they have to make Snivy look so hillairious when she was affected by Frillish's Cursed Body?

I don't think they were going for "hilarious", people may have thought it was hilarious but the writers for sure weren't going for that.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
One thing now that Im rewatching the dub.......if Trip wanted a 6-on-6, instead of Ash going and getting one from back home, why on earth did the writers have him say he has only 5?

If he wanted to win the battle, just call up for Snorlax, Sceptile, Infernape or one of the Kanto starters. If he was just going for letting everyone get a bit of experience, why did he not get Gible?

One thing now that Im rewatching the dub.......if Trip wanted a 6-on-6, instead of Ash going and getting one from back home, why on earth did the writers have him say he has only 5?

If he wanted to win the battle, just call up for Snorlax, Sceptile, Infernape or one of the Kanto starters. If he was just going for letting everyone get a bit of experience, why did he not get Gible?

I hope you're not serious.

Sorry. I should have been more specific. Ash isn't going to do that. It will just confuse the people who just started watching.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Sorry. I should have been more specific. Ash isn't going to do that. It will just confuse the people who just started watching.

Ah right, I understand. But what I meant was it is totally out of character for Ash to not bend over backwards to avenge his defeats. Supposing the writers had made Trip only want a 6-on-6, and nothing less?

When we have threads in which people say that the writers insert insufficient continuity references, and others mention one-off scenes to rebutt these assertions, like a bunch of trophies and photos in a room, then I point at this.

If the writers pander only to new fans, what is wrong with pandering a bit to those who helped Pokemon grow as a franchise by supporting it? I mean, supposing Pikachu, Oshawott, Snivy, Tepig and Pidove all went down, and Ash brought out I dunno.....Heracross, Gible, Quilava, Infernape, anything, why not just give a flashback of scenes from past series?

I don't think the writers want any pokemon from older regions besides Pikachu to be in the Anime. He might use his older Pokemon in the Unova League.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
I don't think the writers want any pokemon from older regions besides Pikachu to be in the Anime. He might use his older Pokemon in the Unova League.

Mmm, I think the reason his squad looks to be growing past 7 Pokemon means that, like Hoenn, they will be the only ones used at their respective league.

Mmm, I think the reason his squad looks to be growing past 7 Pokemon means that, like Hoenn, they will be the only ones used at their respective league.

He only has seven pokemon now. He might not capture any more.

TheEpicGoomba

I liked this episode mainly because I like big battles, especially with rivals. Even though I don't like Trip I liked his strategy. But I don't think his Pokemon should be this develped already at this point none of Ash's Pokemon had evolved but 2 of Trip's had. I also didn't like how Tepig and Oshawott got owned 7.5/10

TheEpicGoomba- So you don't like someone, just because they are ahead of Ash and defeated him? I don't get it. :/

He might not have captured the Tranquill as a Pidove.

menonabhi123

< Latest LeafGreen SR.
But I don't think his Pokemon should be this develped already at this point none of Ash's Pokemon had evolved but 2 of Trip's had. I also didn't like how Tepig and Oshawott got owned 7.5/10

well thats always been the case with ash hasnt it? he never even ATTEMPTS to evolve his pokemon and that just shows that he is just another trainer in the rat race......
8/10

jordan8

this battle makes no sense. pikachu has been through 4 regions plus orange islands and battle frontier. pikachu should have destroyed all of trips pokemon. the writers should at least give ash a rival who is in all seasons so it's not crazy when he loses to his rival

gliscor&yanmega

this battle makes no sense. pikachu has been through 4 regions plus orange islands and battle frontier. pikachu should have destroyed all of trips pokemon. the writers should at least give ash a rival who is in all seasons so it's not crazy when he loses to his rival

Since when did anime ever have to make sense...

It makes no sense to complain about a show that's just there to entertain, if you're not entertain then don't watch if you are entertain then there's no reason to complain.