• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Rival Battle for Club Champ! (669)

You're seriously replying to contradict someone who had their means of retorting taken away? Teshub was permabanned, Caseydia.

And I don't know who made that second quote but Pikachu was definitely not impressive. XD

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
You're seriously replying to contradict someone who had their means of retorting taken away? Teshub was permabanned, Caseydia.

And I don't know who made that second quote but Pikachu was definitely not impressive. XD

I didn't know he was banned until recently. But since you are banned too, I guess you should be careful from now on huh?

J Ken

RAVE
This battle proved that Trip is a better trainer then Ash. While Ash was goofing off with his friends and barely training his team Trip went on to get 2 badges, a full team and who knows how many evolved Pokemon. I find Ash's attitude after losing to be kinda dumb cause he got curbstomped by someone who was a trainer for what like 2 weeks compared to Ash who had 4 regions to back himself up but fell flat instead.

NPT

Just a member
Meh, this episode was disappointing. It was fraustating to see Ash lose so like that. He didn't use the experience he got from the other regions and his Oshawott, Pidove and Tepig lost terribly by Trip's Pokemon.

But at least Ash's Snivy did well against Trip's Servine ..... I liked his reaction when Snivy used attract on Servine and confused it in love. But it was stupid when Ash commanded Snivy to finish off that Cursed Body Pokémon, and she ended up losing

It's surprising that Ash didn't took the loss more seriously, which he should've. Trip's repetitive comment about "basics" were bland.
The Team Rocket scene at the end was cool, serious Team Rocket is one of the things that I liked about the BW saga.

Arvis

Oh would you look at that, Ash lost yet again. Eh he shouldn't have sent that Pidove out to begin with :/

Finally someone on this show explains in a simple way what the ability Super Luck does. Unlike Brock in last season (I believe?) who's explanation of it left me like "Uhhh.... what?"
Now that I see it on the anime, the move Hex looks pretty cool. :)

At this point, I'm still not sure if I like or hate Trip. I would have to see more of him.

I didn't like the battle. It started off badly, ended badly and only had a few decent aspects in between.

- First you have Tranquill, who has the ability Super Luck. This raises the chances of landing a critical hit. Apparently in the anime, it means it will land critical hits every time. Also according to the anime, a critical hit = instant K.O. I'm not buying this crap; Oshawott and Tepig's losses were cheap especially when you consider their performances in the Striaton Gym.
- Wow, a type advantage actually worked in this series. That's uncommon in Best Wishes. I appreciate that the writers didn't go the obvious route and have Pikachu lose to Tranquill just to prove that "type advantages don't always work kids lolol"
- And Pikachu loses to Servine. I dislike how Ash's competence fluctuates depending on the situation. The same thing happens to Trip as well.
- Snivy using Attract to beat Servine was great. No complaints here.
- Frillish takes out Pidove with one hit. Way to not show Ash using the bird unless it's being creamed. >_>
- Frillish vs. Snivy was a good battle, and I'm happy to see that Attract can be dodged. If that wasn't possible, it would be a way too overpowered move.

Ash's loss against Trip was dumb though. It's unnatural for Trip to have progressed so much in a short amount of time. It seems this series has a lot of characters making unusual amounts of progress in no time at all, and then losing their competence depending on the situation. It no longer feels like the characters and Pokemon are consistently improving, like they did in Diamond and Pearl.

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
I disliked how tepig, oshawott, and pidove got owned kinda sucked, but otherwise, the battle was decent. I cant get too angry when Ash literally only lost cause of hax (and hex).

I liked how Iris turned Trip's arrogance right back on him, it was cool to see her help out Ash in a way. Hex also had an awesome look in the anime IMO.

7/10, I never like un-needed losses for Ash's pokemon (since they are my favorite characters), but Ash would prolly have won without the hax on Trip's side, so Ill survive.

JudySpell

Banned
Trip's Tranquill was too strong and Ash's team didn't stand a chance. I liked how Frillish's ability was used to immobilize Snivy though. 6.5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It was nice to see Trip again and his battle with Ash here was so intense. I was impressed by how his Tranquill won against Oshawott and Tepig, but I was happy that Snivy defeated Servine. It's just too bad how Ash still lost to Trip.

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
I disliked how tepig, oshawott, and pidove got owned kinda sucked, but otherwise, the battle was decent. I cant get too angry when Ash literally only lost cause of hax (and hex).

I liked how Iris turned Trip's arrogance right back on him, it was cool to see her help out Ash in a way. Hex also had an awesome look in the anime IMO.

7/10, I never like un-needed losses for Ash's pokemon (since they are my favorite characters), but Ash would prolly have won without the hax on Trip's side, so Ill survive.

I agree My only real issue was Tepig,Oshawott, and Pidove losing since they deserved better but overall this battle was decent.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked this episode all because we saw Satoshi challenge Shooti again. I didn't like their first match, so this re-match had me quivering in anticipation. I thought that Shooti's Hatoboh was overpowered in the beginning however, as was his Pururill at the end, although Tsutarja did her best.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Of course Ash could've won if he had actually done more than outright attack or at least applied some more tactics. Or by having Trip not use any tactics or Pokemon that he did. :/

Alloutℯ

Banned
I kinda didn't like how Trip kept on saying that his Servine was stronger because he evolved it. I think he must have said it at least twice, but that comment made him sound like a kid since in the Anime Evolution doesn't equal strength in most cases.

Weird battle. Ash winning would make more sense for Trip's development, and it would have taught him some humility as well as not to underestimate his opponents. Trip's win basically reinforces his attitude and his rookie mistakes.

Also I don't like how Attract either fails, or becomes an automatic win. Pokemon should be able to fight Attract in the anime, otherwise the move is too broken. I know they were able to before BW but that seems to have changed.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Does every one of Ash's rivals have to be snotty, stuck-up, and have an over-inflated ego? Trip was so arrogant for no reason.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Weird battle. Ash winning would make more sense for Trip's development, and it would have taught him some humility as well as not to underestimate his opponents. Trip's win basically reinforces his attitude and his rookie mistakes.

Shooti winning here was supposed to motivate Satoshi to work harder, I believe. Shooti losing would've made him seem ineffective as a rival.

Vulpicks

When this episode first aired I was really irritated that Ash lot, but now I don't mind it. Pikachu and Snivy, his two best Pokemon, got wins. The rest are trash so you couldn't really expect them to stand up to the opposing Pokemon.

Still, Shooti is such an incredibly unlikable character and his cockiness is very misplaced. He's literally a random run-of-the-mill rookie that thinks he's amazing. I'm so sick of hearing "That's basic". It's completely insufferable every time he's on screen.

But yeah, awesome to see Snivy doing well, though it's pretty pathetic that one of Ash's only decent Pokemon atm was trained by somebody else.

I kinda didn't like how Trip kept on saying that his Servine was stronger because he evolved it. I think he must have said it at least twice, but that comment made him sound like a kid since in the Anime Evolution doesn't equal strength in most cases.
He is a dumb naive kid who's way too arrogant for his own good. I'm glad Ash's Snivy dealt with his Servine.

Last edited: