1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

A Rivalry to Gible On! (613)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Diamond & Pearl: Galactic Battle' started by Serebii, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Gible...Get

On their way to Suiren Town, Ash & Co. learn of a Gible causing many problems to many trainers Pokémon. Ash & Co. quickly decide to go investigate. Kazunari, eager to capture the Gible, convinces everyone to help him track it down. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. LightingKimba

LightingKimba Listenin' t'Dragons!

This ep... Where do I start?

Not only was only 1/3 the ep about Gible, the other 2/3s where more on shippin', which would make sense if the ep's called like "Ash and Dawn's Love Life!" or somethin'.

Kazunari catches Gible. No Ash argument over that.

Really, this ep's just so bland, it wasn't funny. Even the Trapinch cameo in this ep was better than whatever Gible was doin' (Though Kazunari's fishin' idea was funny).

3. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

Ash not getting Gible=instant fail. Seriously. OK, everyone. Grab your torches and pitchforks and meet me in Japan! We're forming an angry mob and storming the writers' homes!

4. mitchman_93

mitchman_93 AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

Really now!
    Seriously though this was kinda lame. I wanted ash to get it but no! Damn it.

5. LightingKimba

I also laughed at how people thought the ep would be a copy of the Totodile ep from the Johto era.

6. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

The writers. Definitely. For far too long, they've deprived Ash of a Dragon-type for no good reason. I mean, back in Kanto, sure, because the Dragon-type was seen as only manageable by experienced trainers! But now, Ash IS an experienced trainer! He's participated in four different Pokemon league tournaments, he's conquered the Battle Frontier, he's taken down four different legendary Pokemon! Doesn't Ash deserve to be treated like the veteran trainer he is? Doesn't he deserve a badass Pokemon like Gible, and eventually, Garchomp? I know he does! And I hate the writers for not realizing this!

7. mitchman_93

That would be me. So whatever. I just hope at least dawn wins this contest.

8. LightingKimba

Gible's not even close to badass, and I'm sick of hearin' that. I do realize it's a general opinion, but I can only see Gible as a fatty shark-thing with its mouth being 1/2 of its body.

Kazunari probably has a "Jaw" theme team, anyway. Gible's a perfect companion to his Totodile imo.

9. ~AussieWonder~

~AussieWonder~ Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more! This was the BEST chance for Ash to finally catch a true Dragon type, and while I'm disappointed Ash didn't catch it, I kinda knew in the back of my head he wouldn't. Sigh......

10. Squaaah

Squaaah Well-Known Member

No surprise on Ash not getting it, but I didnt expect the other guy to actually get it. i thought they'd pull some cheesy thing where they both decide to let Gible be.

11. LightingKimba

He should've caught that one Trapinch in the episode. That would've been cool.

12. mitchman_93

Not to mention 5 years late. Would it have killed em to give ash a Flygon in Hoenn?

13. LightingKimba

That actually reminded me of that one Flygon in the Jirachi movie. When I was younger, I actually believed Ash was goin' to catch it. XP

14. Amnael717

Amnael717 Member

I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. Ah well (sigh)

15. waterballoon

waterballoon Aspiring Coordinator

It's okay for me even if Ash doesn't catch it... I had expect that curly hair dude to catch it anyways... filler~!

16. Amnael717

Amnael717 Member

Im fine that Ash didnt get it. what really saddens me is that Kazunari caught it. I just dont like him

17. *Jean Grey*

*Jean Grey* Night Triumphant

Grrr! I'm officially fed up with what they've done! They've gone too far this time to give a rookie a Dragon-type, while Ash who is clearly experienced is deprived of one! Why do they have this "no dragon/dark/psychic/steel/ghost (he let Haunter go?)-type" rule on Ash anyway? It would make Ash's team a whole lot more interesting...grrrr....

18. CHRONICLE_KEY

CHRONICLE_KEY Member

So how did that manage to happen ? Did Ash let him have Gible or did he screw up and Kazunari got lucky ?

19. mitchman_93

Screwed up and Kazu got lucky.

20. CHRONICLE_KEY

CHRONICLE_KEY Member

Thanks for answering, seems like the writers have a grudge against Ash having any Dragon types >_<