• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Rivalry to Gible On! (613)

HoennMaster

Duh. That's what I meant.

mimefan

Banned
I finally saw the photos, and yeah, one to miss, doesn't look interesting.

Selfdestruct Togepi

Fangirls Beware!
Seems a pretty good episode, and it's more than just a filler.

Kabuto

little punks!
The writers. Definitely. For far too long, they've deprived Ash of a Dragon-type for no good reason. I mean, back in Kanto, sure, because the Dragon-type was seen as only manageable by experienced trainers! But now, Ash IS an experienced trainer! He's participated in four different Pokemon league tournaments, he's conquered the Battle Frontier, he's taken down four different legendary Pokemon! Doesn't Ash deserve to be treated like the veteran trainer he is? Doesn't he deserve a badass Pokemon like Gible, and eventually, Garchomp? I know he does! And I hate the writers for not realizing this!

Ash will never be an experienced trainer because he wins all his battles based on luck. That being said, he still should be getting a Dragon,Psychic, Ghost, Steel, or Dark pokemon one of these years. Oh, and the character that did happen to catch Gible has an awful design.

Last edited:

STICKTOPIA

Ash will never be an experienced trainer because he wins all his battles based on luck. That being said, he still should be getting a Dragon,Psychic, Ghost, Steel, or Dark pokemon one of these years. Oh, and the character that did happen to catch Gible has an awful design.
That's so not true. He won all his battles based on his smart strategy.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-Blah blah Pokemon Center blah blah Brock hitting on Joy blah
-Ash wants to catch the strong Pokemon that just beat up everyone else's Pokemon? How convenient that he actually wants to catch something now.
-Good god I hate Kotone.
-Summoning a meteor to smite Kotone and everyone standing near her? Aw, you didn't have to do that for me, anime!
--"KAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAAAA!" This Gible has suddenly become one of my favorite Pokemon.
-What's that, character who will leave at the end of this arc and never be heard from again? YOU want to catch Gible too? Gee golly jeepers, I wonder if you will?
-Ash's Buizel still exists? Since when?
-If only Ash had some sort of large, heavy turtle to endure Gible's sandstorm instead of Buizel being blown away like a feather...
-Kotone, shut up.
-Meowth, what's that good looking woman doing near Giovanni in your fantasy of the ep? Surely YOU'RE the only one good enough for the boss?
-Whoa, whoa, Meowth! Making Fantasy Gio strip was uncalled for! And damn, you think he's muscular!
-Meowth? I think people call Gible's line "land sharks" because they look like sharks, not because they are perfectly happy to swim in the water like sharks.
-Can we get some Jaws Theme playing in here? Thanks in advance.
-Ash almost hits Gible once while it's busy bragging about itself rocking so much.
-Come to think of it, who invited you along, Kotone? Go away. Ash can fail to catch Gible without your gasps and "THAT THING JUST HAPPENED!" comments
-Whatshisface is going to...fish for Gible...in the grass....well, whatever works for you, man!
-And Dawn's helping. Oi.
-Thatoneguy hooked...Piplup!
-Gible shares my muderous rage towards Kotone. I like the cut of that dragon's jib!
-I'll admit that I just got bored and ignored about ten minutes of the episode.
-And I skipped to...a Smash Rocks On Your Head contest? Awesome!
-Lawdy, that is a big boulder.
-Hahaha, the DRAMATICALLY SHADED REACTION SHOTS are incredible.
-And so, Gible gives itself a concussion and dies.
-And Glassesdude catches Gible. Horray.

The zany action shots were good, but other than that...this episode was really lacking. A typical HGSS Advertising Marathon ep, in other words!

Surfer_Dude

Aspiring Guitarist
Dang! Ash didn't get gible... But at least kazunari has him.
Ash wouldn't have gotten a strong pokemon like that anyways... :(

STICKTOPIA

No there's still hope:D

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!

Did you just indirectly insult the awesome that is Buizel, Gligar, and Snorlax? (I'm not even going to go into how many fans Charizard has. I'll let them come to you)

BM14murph

Master Collector
Sorry i'm late to the party

Anyway just saw the episode and i wasn't as disappointed as i'd though i'd be

Thankg God Ash didn't catch Gible and give it to Kazunari that's what i was dreading the most

The fact he caught gible himself..............with the help of gible smashing his head on a rock........made it acceptable

Side Note: Buizel's water gun looks cooler the slightly new way it's drawn

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I must say, I disliked Kotone a bit before this aired, but now I've fallen for her charm.

This episode was actually entertaining. The Sharpedo chasing TR was hilarious.

9/10

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I really wanted Ash to catch Gible like he caught krabby long ago. What's wrong with more than six pokemon? If you want to catch it then catch it. As for the the writers, they seems to really don't focus on Ash's success anymore. However, I think they focus too much elsewhere. Barry, Jessie, Dawn, Piplup, team galatic, and other random characters who show up and disappear in the end.

randomspot555

lol

Anyway, this episode isn't filler, and it normally would qualify as a fairly decent episode. Fukamaru is absolutely hilarious, and the rock-smashing-on-head "battle" made the episode worth the crap that was the rest of it.

Oh, so that's how they're going to plot-device Takeshi out this time? Because no way can we have 5 characters at one time!

I'll be honest, I have at least not hated all the supporting characters of Sinnoh. But I honestly have no desire to ever see this Johto duo ever, ever again. They get on my nerves a great deal.

Also, awesome how outrageous Pokemon lose all personality after they get captured, isn't it?

LinkG07

Did everyone's IQ plummet in this episode? There was a serious lapse in judgment on the part of both the Pokemon and their trainers.

This is a regular thing in the world of pokemon. As for the whole "Ash not catching gible" thing, we should all know very well that Ash would more likely be friends with a pokemon instead of capturing them. In a way, Ash is very wise. Kazunari is a up and coming trainer, and Ash saw this as an opportunity to give him a nice push on the start of his journey. Think about it: If you were Kazunari and you saw potentially one of the strongest pokemon in the entire world, wouldn't you do anythign to get it? Wouldn't you be ****** that a guy who has been traveling for at least 3 to 4 years get an extremly rare pokemon while you miss you chance out of a maybe once in a lifetime opportunity. Beleive it or not, this is the nicest thing Ash has ever done for someone. Now Kazunari has something in his aresenal that will help him tremendously in his journey.

Bossk

Like a champ.
Who's Kanzu? (English please)

plus Ash doesn't DESERVE a Dragon Type! He would waste their talent...

Did you just indirectly insult the awesome that is Buizel, Gligar, and Snorlax? (I'm not even going to go into how many fans Charizard has. I'll let them come to you)

Yup...

Dude! You ever seen Charizard?! He goes into a battle, snorts smoke then stomps on the floor, causing the pokemon to go flying! He uses a weak gust with no effort into it to blow it away in an episode

He destroys almost everything! He defeated a Legendary Pokemon (in anime that's saying something). Honestly, in anime, Type means nothing.

He can pick anything up and send them crashing with Seismic Toss!

I can do sooooo much to you. Be happy I'm tired

This is a regular thing in the world of pokemon. As for the whole "Ash not catching gible" thing, we should all know very well that Ash would more likely be friends with a pokemon instead of capturing them. In a way, Ash is very wise. Kazunari is a up and coming trainer, and Ash saw this as an opportunity to give him a nice push on the start of his journey. Think about it: If you were Kazunari and you saw potentially one of the strongest pokemon in the entire world, wouldn't you do anythign to get it? Wouldn't you be ****** that a guy who has been traveling for at least 3 to 4 years get an extremly rare pokemon while you miss you chance out of a maybe once in a lifetime opportunity. Beleive it or not, this is the nicest thing Ash has ever done for someone. Now Kazunari has something in his aresenal that will help him tremendously in his journey.

^This is winsauce and the truth. Ash is somewhat wise, just immature. He's also kind, he's not like Paul or anything. He doesn't need it. Ash gets like one strong pokemon per team (Just really tough and strong)

Kanto he gets Charizard.

Hoenn....Sceptile

Sinnoh...I do not know. Some are alright some suck some are good. Can't tell until this season is over

Last edited:

Brainwashed

Peace and Love
Did Ash mention anything about his Totodile in this episode?