• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Rivalry to Gible On! (613)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Gible...Get

On their way to Suiren Town, Ash & Co. learn of a Gible causing many problems to many trainers Pokémon. Ash & Co. quickly decide to go investigate. Kazunari, eager to capture the Gible, convinces everyone to help him track it down. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
This ep... Where do I start?

Not only was only 1/3 the ep about Gible, the other 2/3s where more on shippin', which would make sense if the ep's called like "Ash and Dawn's Love Life!" or somethin'.

Kazunari catches Gible. No Ash argument over that.

Really, this ep's just so bland, it wasn't funny. Even the Trapinch cameo in this ep was better than whatever Gible was doin' (Though Kazunari's fishin' idea was funny).

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Ash not getting Gible=instant fail. Seriously. OK, everyone. Grab your torches and pitchforks and meet me in Japan! We're forming an angry mob and storming the writers' homes!
Really now!
Seriously though this was kinda lame. I wanted ash to get it but no! Damn it.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
The writers. Definitely. For far too long, they've deprived Ash of a Dragon-type for no good reason. I mean, back in Kanto, sure, because the Dragon-type was seen as only manageable by experienced trainers! But now, Ash IS an experienced trainer! He's participated in four different Pokemon league tournaments, he's conquered the Battle Frontier, he's taken down four different legendary Pokemon! Doesn't Ash deserve to be treated like the veteran trainer he is? Doesn't he deserve a badass Pokemon like Gible, and eventually, Garchomp? I know he does! And I hate the writers for not realizing this!

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
Gible's not even close to badass, and I'm sick of hearin' that. I do realize it's a general opinion, but I can only see Gible as a fatty shark-thing with its mouth being 1/2 of its body.

Kazunari probably has a "Jaw" theme team, anyway. Gible's a perfect companion to his Totodile imo.

~AussieWonder~

The writers. Definitely. For far too long, they've deprived Ash of a Dragon-type for no good reason. I mean, back in Kanto, sure, because the Dragon-type was seen as only manageable by experienced trainers! But now, Ash IS an experienced trainer! He's participated in four different Pokemon league tournaments, he's conquered the Battle Frontier, he's taken down four different legendary Pokemon! Doesn't Ash deserve to be treated like the veteran trainer he is? Doesn't he deserve a badass Pokemon like Gible, and eventually, Garchomp? I know he does! And I hate the writers for not realizing this!

I couldn't agree more! This was the BEST chance for Ash to finally catch a true Dragon type, and while I'm disappointed Ash didn't catch it, I kinda knew in the back of my head he wouldn't. Sigh......

Squaaah

No surprise on Ash not getting it, but I didnt expect the other guy to actually get it. i thought they'd pull some cheesy thing where they both decide to let Gible be.

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
I couldn't agree more! This was the BEST chance for Ash to finally catch a true Dragon type, and while I'm disappointed Ash didn't catch it, I kinda knew in the back of my head he wouldn't. Sigh......

He should've caught that one Trapinch in the episode. That would've been cool.

waterballoon

Aspiring Coordinator
It's okay for me even if Ash doesn't catch it... I had expect that curly hair dude to catch it anyways... filler~!

Amnael717

Im fine that Ash didnt get it. what really saddens me is that Kazunari caught it. I just dont like him

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Grrr! I'm officially fed up with what they've done! They've gone too far this time to give a rookie a Dragon-type, while Ash who is clearly experienced is deprived of one! Why do they have this "no dragon/dark/psychic/steel/ghost (he let Haunter go?)-type" rule on Ash anyway? It would make Ash's team a whole lot more interesting...grrrr....