• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Rivalry to Gible On! (613)

ShadowDragon16

Go figure, this episode sounds like the worst ever. oh well *Picks up pitch forks and torches*

The writers made enough mistakes with giving cool pokemon to others, but to a rookie who has no more than a totadile, they have crossed the line big time

Amnael717

my guess is he screwed up and kazunari got to gible first. but from what i know of kazunari i dont think his totodile should have been able to battle it

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
So, "Worst Episode Ever" = Your bloated expectations of a plot event not actually occuring?
At least wait until you have actually seen the episode before making such ridiculous calls. No more whining about the thing from this point, please.

Personally, I'm glad they gave Kazunari something interesting to do. He was quite bland in his first two episodes, with Kotone stealing much of the spotlight from him.

EDIT: It hit me that this is already becoming the new Ambipom. I will not hesitate to delete any future post that involves nothing but cursing the writers (and seriously, the death threats are totally unacceptable), whining incessantly about your dissatisfaction with the event, or just simply not squarely discussing the episode itself.

Last edited:

realarcastform

Rotom Trainer
Lame not only did Ash miss out on Gible by a stupid nerd, Dawn lost the contest to a fake (I know Jessie was sick but still.)

Sigh.
They really blew it.

ShadowDragon16

Though i hate the outcome, it kinda fits. That gible is now to be doomed to rot away in its pokeball in the hands of a useless nerd. I hope that wasn't the case, but apparently it is. Sucks to be gible

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
Right, I'm gonna hide in this bunker until the idiots seriously expecting Ash to actually catch a Gible die down.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Holy hell, Gible is the new Riolu. When is this gonna pass? Yes, a dragon-type would be cool, but I wouldn't want to lose Staraptor, Grotle, Monferno, Gliscor or Buizel just so we could have one come in at the end of the saga. The Gible line have had more representation than most- hell, we've seen that Garchomp of Cynthia's steamroll one opponent after another, and Gabite has had two prominent appearances. Now a recurring character has a Gible. Certainly better than, for instance, the Ralts line. Just because Ash didn't catch one of the many new pokemon in this generation does not mean the writers are scared of giving him a dragon-type. He's also never had a rock-type, so the writers clearly hate Nosepass. And if they're adverse to him having a "bad-***" pokemon... what the hell are Sceptile, Monferno, Staraptor, Gliscor, Glalie, Charizard, Donphan and Heracross to you people? Not to mention his other powerful and personality-filled pokemon?

In other words, build a bridge and get over it. There are worse things in the world than Ash not having a Gible.

Amnael717

But i don't have any carpentry skills so I cant build a bridge. But very well put Chaos. My guess is that most people just dont like Kazunari. But now u'm wondering will he still use Totodile in the double battle. Pretty sure its off topic so I'm actually gonna stop that.

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
Ahahaha, seriously guys, get over it. Given how Satoshi had a full team of six, there was no way he was going to catch a seventh. Not when the team he has now possess a nice balance. Fukamaru's part-Ground, but while Glion is Ground-type (despite not having any useful Ground attacks)... You can all dream about this happening.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
LMAO, as if you people really thought Ash was going to capture something with a full team of 6.

As if his current six aren't bland enough, besides he only caught four of them, i'd still like to see him catch another pokemon before the region's over, so we can see something fresh.

Holy hell, Gible is the new Riolu. When is this gonna pass?

Considering that both Gible and Trapinch were in this episode probably not for a long time.

Yes, a dragon-type would be cool, but I wouldn't want to lose Staraptor, Grotle, Monferno, Gliscor or Buizel just so we could have one come in at the end of the saga.

I would easily oak Grotle or Gliscor in a heartbeat given the chance, Grotle is inferior to Paul's torterra in everyway and doesn't stand out at all, and Gliscor is the weakest fully evolved pokemon Ash has ever owned since it's only beaten one pokemon since it evolved, and every other match was a loss or draw.

Just because Ash didn't catch one of the many new pokemon in this generation does not mean the writers are scared of giving him a dragon-type.

I disagree, considering that trapinch was also in the episode it basically showed us that they have no intention of ever giving him a dragon pokemon or anything close too it.

In other words, build a bridge and get over it. There are worse things in the world than Ash not having a Gible.

I kinda figured he wouldn't get Gible,(not because he had a full team, but because of the dragon element) but still i was hoping a little he would, because in all honesty his sinnoh team is so bland right now it's not even funny, Pikachu never changes, Staraptor's starting to become Swellow (good at fighting but no attitude) Grotle i've already made my point, Monferno hasn't had enough focus since it evolved, and learned the most useless fighting move of them all, Buizel is like Pikachu pretty much in a lockdown zone where nothing changes, and Gliscor is basically a walking clown that can't do anything right when it comes to battling.

Given how Satoshi had a full team of six, there was no way he was going to catch a seventh. Not when the team he has now possess a nice balance.

Two flying types =/= balance, i don't care what people say about Gliscor not being able to properly fly, it's still part flying type.

Fukamaru's part-Ground, but while Glion is Ground-type (despite not having any useful Ground attacks)

yes because Steel Wing and X-scissor are just so exciting to watch, at least something like Gible would've brougt more intresting moves to the table instead of one's we've seen time and again.

Last edited:

Machete

It was pretty obvious that Ash wasn't going to catch it, although we all had some hope. The episode went as I expected, and now, Kazunari has something to make him slightly more interesting.

dman_dustin

The problem was the writer(s) set Ash up for not catching the Pokemon. Yes S. Suikun I have seen the episode.

What happened was Ash fell into what I assume was Trapinch's Arena Trap, and who saved Ash? Kuzanari, I knew at that point Ash wasn't going to catch Gible even though I was still hoping.

Then as Ash was going to catch Gible (Poke ball and all), Kuzanari had to be a jerk, cut in front of him holding a Poke ball, all while Dawn and Kotone convinces Ash to let Kuzanari catch it probably because of the aforementioned scene with Trapinch.

Then Gible preceded to have a "who can take their own attacks head on" and Gible summoned a large boulder and slammed it into it's head.

Then when my hopes were raised that Gible would escape for good, Totodile was ordered to use water gun in the hole and Gible was shot out and captured.

There was no way Ash could've caught Gible like that. I mean Ash was far more excited about Gible than Kuzanari, and Kuzanari only wanted it because it evolves into Garchomp, while Ash wanted it because it was strong as is.

Not to mention:

Kuzanari's Totodile evolves in DP 147, making this capture worse then it already was, in terms of fairness

I'm not going to say the episode was the "Worst" episode ever. But it was boring, and the only highlight in my opinion was Monferno appearing after a long while and digging 10 holes or so in like 3 seconds. If Kuzanari wasn't apparently a jerk in that one scene, and Kuzanari caught Gible when it cornered him, It would've been more acceptable, than Kuzanari basically doing a "I saved you, now it's mine" capture.

Another was Kuzanari's sudden Brock level intelligence, except two episodes Kuzanari didn't even know how to feed his own Totodile. Which makes Kuzanari for me even less likable.

I have to shake my head at Team Rocket, they see Gible as a shark and assume you can find it in the water. I mean that was pure stupid, if you actually knew what Gible was (a landshark) and took in consideration to its type. I guess I can excuse Team Rocket due to their lack of Sinnoh Pokemon Knowledge, but this kind of takes the cake. Jessie eating a berry thinking it would help her Pokemon was funny. This wasn't, simply because they should've paid attention to Ash and co, and not their own weird logic. And also because at least with the berry situation it was only one Team Rocket member, this time it was all three.

mimefan

Banned
So, Johto dude captured a Sinnoh pokemon, just because he wants a Garchomp? Holy crap, that's worse then TR, at least they just want to give the pokemon to their boss because of their job, this dude, is gonna hook his Gible up on Rare candies just because of a stupid uber. But with Evolution? For mascot, don't be silly. I guess, the Japanese just love bullying us. Cyberbullies.

dman_dustin

So, Johto dude captured a Sinnoh pokemon, just because he wants a Garchomp? Holy crap, that's worse then TR, at least they just want to give the pokemon to their boss because of their job, this dude, is gonna hook his Gible up on Rare candies just because of a stupid uber. But with Evolution? For mascot, don't be silly. I guess, the Japanese just love bullying us. Cyberbullies.

Kuzanri could've changed his mind along the way (not sure), but his original intention for capturing Gible was because it could be a Garchomp

TicoPokemonMaster

Personally I don't care if Ash didn't catch gible. Like I mention in a previous post I imagined that Kazunari would catch it because he wanted to go back to Johto with a Sinnoh native pokemon. But like someone else said before, there was a dragon type and a pokemon that would later evolve into a dragon and Ash didn't catch it meaning no dragon for Ash. Guess the writers wants us to settle for Charizard and his Dragon Rage, and DragonBreath attacks, and the face that it kind of looks like a dragon.

In my opinion I felt the end of the episode as being rushed. It seems that getting lost in the cave drove out the focus in the episode and the writers had to make an ending so they had the simple lets test our strength, subplot making it easier for you to catch me, and finish of with water gun, pokeball, caught. Last but not least end of the epsiode on to dawn's contest.

I would have liked the battle to be a little more believable. I mean seriously lets say Kazunari goes back to Johto and is asked How did you catch gible. He would respond " he hit himself over the head with boulders and weakend himself ". Not a good story.

And can someone please tell me where was brock because I didn't realize he wasn't in the episode until I saw the eyecatch.( being sarcastic just in case it did seem like it)Mind you that the place where I saw the episode it seem was recorded a minute or two after the episode started

Last edited:

mimefan

Banned
Well, Brock wasn't in the episode because the writers have forgot THAT ASH, DAWN AND BROCK ARE THE HEROS OF THE SERIES, NOT CUTE CHICK AND CONWAY CLONE (DON'T YOU DARE INFRACT ME FOR TELLING THE TRUTH.)

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Acting provacative will only persuade the penalties, mimefan, not inhibit them. Do note that you're also cutting it close to character bashing.

I suppose I really need to see this episode for myself (especially to judge on the overall episode quality), but from the sounds of things, it seems like it was still quite a bit less of a tease than say...May and Swablu. It turns out the idea of Ash capturing Gible and giving it to Kazunari did not come into fruition, which I think many people should be thankful for. Again, I'll give some more accurate thoughts once I view the episode (if you couldn't tell, I admit to being on damage control alert now), but fandom history indicates that it's not quite as huge of a deal as it's made out to be.